Frugal or expensive tastes?

it depends, like rafwife said. Colton's carseat was $150, which I decided on after reading reviews, needless of what the price was.
With clothes though, I'm more frugal because he wont wear them long at this age. As he gets older and wears clothes for ALOT longer periods I would buy nice quality stuff. I tend to buy Old Navy alot-which isn't expensive if you catch the sales (I can get like 12-13 pieces for $60), or I'll shop on ebay/second hand stores and buy Gap and other more expensive name brands, lol, which I normally drive OH mad doing because I go through everything looking for name brands in new condition for cheap!

I can't get that many clothes for that price at our Old Navy. LOL

I'm not impressed actually. I bought a few things for Chase there recently, and a couple of things have holes in them.

Ok, he's not crawling or running...........why holes? Bad quality.

I'm not impressed actually. I bought a few things for Chase there recently, and a couple of things have holes in them.

Yeah... I bought a few old navy pj's and they have holes too !!! or the treads are coming off. + Our Old Navy is as expensive as Mexx and baby gap!

I don't buy at our Old Navy, they are way too expensive for me :rofl:

Most stuff I get at Sears on sale

I like to get a bargain,ha ha. So I've got loads of stuff in the sale. But I do pay quite alot sometimes.......it depends how nice it is,lol. I don't go ott though. She's growing too fast,so I tend to mainly get average priced clothing.

:)

it depends, like rafwife said. Colton's carseat was $150, which I decided on after reading reviews, needless of what the price was.
With clothes though, I'm more frugal because he wont wear them long at this age. As he gets older and wears clothes for ALOT longer periods I would buy nice quality stuff. I tend to buy Old Navy alot-which isn't expensive if you catch the sales (I can get like 12-13 pieces for $60), or I'll shop on ebay/second hand stores and buy Gap and other more expensive name brands, lol, which I normally drive OH mad doing because I go through everything looking for name brands in new condition for cheap!

I normally go to OldNavy.com. Our actual Old Navy store doesn't have but 1/2 a row of baby boy stuff (although more now that hes in 12-18mo).
I find shirts and stuff on their website all the time for $4-5, bought him all kinds of shirts from Old Navy and one or two from Baby Gap and didn't pay more than 5-6$ for most of them (the most expensive was 7.99 I believe), even got two PJs that were only $4.99. And all of them were in great condition, no holes or anything, and after he outgrows them they are still in great condition.
Our gap here is crazy expensive. Like on sale, $20 a shirt. Thats four times what I can get one at OldNavy for, and he will only be in it for a couple months + he has so many that he does't wear the same ones too often. :(
IDK about their pants though. I never have to buy Colton any as my mother buys him a pair of pants/jeans to match every shirt buys!! He has like 15+ pair of blue jeans and even more cordouroys/khakis/odd pants. She always buys him designer stuff, usually off ebay. She finds all kinds of deals on ebay all brand new with tags; so I'm not complaining ;)

I was disappointed with Old Navy too, I bought Lola a few sleepers there and after one wash it is already faded and quite rough!
I mostly shop for clothes at Baby gap, I love their stuff and over here the prices are not that different than Old Navy's and in my experience have bigger quality.

This time frugal, Eva is my third and I learnt that they grow out of things so quickly that it isn't worth paying a fortune. I find you can't beat Asda and Next for little ones unless like others have said its a special occasion.

Yeah... I bought a few old navy pj's and they have holes too !!! or the treads are coming off. + Our Old Navy is as expensive as Mexx and baby gap!

I don't normally buy there, quite honestly. But I stopped in there one day to look for sleepers for him because it was convenient to where I had to go at that time. Didn't have any sleepers I liked so picked a few outfits.

Agreed, they are as expensive as Mexx and Baby Gap.

I like Children's Place tbh. But they can sometimes be pricey.

MIL shops at Children's Place for Hannah, honestly what she's bought I don't really care for :rofl: The few times I've gone in there they were just too pricey for me

I think many of their clothes are better priced for the ages my kids are at. I like their pants as both boys and girls have the elastic waist adjustment, whereas in other stores you don't get this near enough. Very important. Can't tell you how many times my girl has her butt showing around here as her pants are not fitting around the waist.

I did find the baby items a bit more pricier.

Obviously haven't looked at anything older than 12 months yet ;) Their baby clothes I find too pricey. MIL actually brought me a few items from there last weekend and if she paid the prices on the ticket :shock: I would NEVER have paid it :rofl:

The sweater Chase is wearing came from there and it was $24, but I couldn't resist it. Unfortunately, I find girls have a nicer selection than boys do....and that's especially true in Walmart, etc.

Obviously haven't looked at anything older than 12 months yet ;) Their baby clothes I find too pricey. MIL actually brought me a few items from there last weekend and if she paid the prices on the ticket :shock: I would NEVER have paid it :rofl:

:rofl:

Well, it's her money. lol

See I really like Chase's sweater. Maybe it's just MIL's taste I don't agree with :rofl: She buys clothes that have little dogs on them, I don't like dogs enough to have Hannah wear them :rofl: I tend to prefer flowery things but not overly frilly (if that makes sense) while she prefers dogs and really frilly things :rofl:

I'm not into dogs either on clothes. :rofl: With that said, I can only tolerate flowers so much too.

Boys stuff.........always seem to have stripes. :dohh: But I like this sweater because of the soft colors.

:rofl: Well I don't think most of what I buy Hannah is overly flowery or overly frilly. But could be just me :rofl: To each their own. I do wish she would buy outfits that went together though :rofl: I always scramble to find something that matches

:rofl: Well I don't think most of what I buy Hannah is overly flowery or overly frilly. But could be just me :rofl: To each their own. I do wish she would buy outfits that went together though :rofl: I always scramble to find something that matches

No, I find your outfits to be very cute tbh and that's because they are not overly flowery :)

leeanne what size is Chase in right now? I have some 9-12 months pants that have ducks on them, really cute but I can't find any tops to match, would go well with a yellow onsie or soft green onsie/tshirt

leeanne what size is Chase in right now? I have some 9-12 months pants that have ducks on them, really cute but I can't find any tops to match, would go well with a yellow onsie or soft green onsie/tshirt

He's in size 6-9 months hon.

Can't you get yellow onesies or something of the sort in Walmart for Hannah? They usually have the soft colors.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrs.K2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->