Fruit Shoots?

S

Serene123

I see kids smaller than Caitlyn with Fruit Shoots all the time, so I was wondering.................... I thought they would be terrible for them, but she has had the odd one or two and loves them.. Since they're full of sugar, what about the H20 sugar free ones? Would they be alright?

Don't know hun, haven't seen the ingrediants in those ones. I have a sneaking suspicion they'd be just as bad though. These companies have a knack of making things sound healthier than other versions - but they're all just as bad!!!

The main ingredients are; spring water (99.4%), citric acid, natural flavourings, sweeteners (Aspartame, Acesulfame K), preservatives (Dimenthyl Dicarbonate, Potassium Sorbate). It also contains a source of Phenylalanine.

Nutrition wise, per bottle, you get 6 calories and a trace of protein and sodium.

We give sam them hun only 1 a day tho cos of the stuff in them :blush:
the H20 ones hun av got more thing in them so i wouldnt give sam them :blush:

The main ingredients are; spring water (99.4%), citric acid, natural flavourings, sweeteners (Aspartame, Acesulfame K), preservatives (Dimenthyl Dicarbonate, Potassium Sorbate). It also contains a source of Phenylalanine.

Nutrition wise, per bottle, you get 6 calories and a trace of protein and sodium.

Doesnt sound that bad. I dont expect you'll be giving her loads of them anyway. Everything in moderation!

Ella has em all the time loL! Easiest thing to buy for them to drink when your out and about!
I get the water ones as i read somewhere that the other ones are full of sugar? Not sure!

My 2 have them especially if we go out and forget there juice cups! x

i have never thought about them... I would give them to courtney though :)

Cool, another thing, she opens them with her teeth? That's alright, right? :dohh:

Luke has started having these in the last week! haha i dont see what harm it can do in moderation!

I have given the low sugar ones twice now, basically because we've been out and she's run out of drink. She quite likes them and we thought the sugar content was quite low. She doesn't drink them out the FS bottle though it goes in her own cup.

I'm sure an odd one isnt harmful. I avoid anything with aspartame in it though. My sister gives them to my nephew all the time.

I'm sure an odd one isnt harmful. I avoid anything with aspartame in it though. My sister gives them to my nephew all the time.

i was wondering something... without starting a whole other thread with arguements about juice :lol:

My mum and nan both give courtney like robinsons and I said today that your not meant to give them anything with aspartame in it... but didnt quite know why!? And they said that it was ok for us :shrug: which is true.

what is the effects of giving them cordial robinsons?!

xx

I dont know about Robinsons but I avoid aspartame for ALL of us.

There is a school of thought that it's a carcinogen. It breaks down in to formaldehyde in your system which is known to be carcinogenic.

ok those big words make no sense to me :lol:

sorry hun .. can you explain it in simplar terms lol xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"