Frustrated TTC #1

Thanks I'll have a look. How are you going Deucemom?

How exciting! Your house won't be safe with two on the move haha. I hope the sleep improves. Have you got them in the same cot together?

Thank you. It's actually starting to feel a bit more real now! I've been feeling kicks for the past few weeks and I have my anatomy scan after Easter. I'm dying to know what we are having!

Haha so cute. They just love their mum and want to be close and have your attention all the time. The whole world is brand new to them and they'll be driven to explore and learn so you won't need to do much entertaining haha.

Oh fingers crossed it's not a fluke and you're getting a good sleep routine in place. Do they like to be close to each other and take an interest in what the other is doing?

My DH was initially sad we weren't having twins. He'd had his hopes up. Plus he thought after all that waiting it would put our plans all back in to place. But with this difficult pregnancy I am glad it's just one in there. I bet twins are awesome but a handful!

So my DH has Thursday afternoon off work and I have rebooked our ultrasound for then. Not long now and I'm so excited!!

That's very cool. I'm a teacher and qualified from 0-13 year olds. I've taught mainly 3-7 year olds but infants are so interesting. A lot of people don't appreciate all the new things going on in their world and all the new connections in their brains. They will watch each other and learn so much from the other twin.

It must make things just extra challenging. The attention thing was my main concern. I am really looking forward to being able to give all my attention to just one baby. Do you get any extra help? You're doing a great job, remember that!

Sorry, I can't remember if you were taking Clomid or anything when you conceived? I was on 100mg and got a single but I've read of women on 50mg getting quads!

I'm glad your parents are around to help. Are they in childcare when you're working? It sounds like you're doing so well!

I was on 100mg too. Maybe DH will get his wish next time haha.

My scan is in just over 24 hours!! I am so excited. He/she better keep their legs wide open haha.

Oh i see. Yes I'm sure they need a break too! Hopefully as they get older, they'll play with each other and you'll have that in your favour vs single baby mums!

Thanks, not too long to go now. We have a boys name that we are 90% happy with but nothing really for a girl yet. I'm so excited for the scan!

We both wanted a boy first so we are very happy. I'd done a bit of shopping already and even though I aimed for unisex, it definitely had more boy flavour haha.

Haha well the only reason I was hopeful for a girl is because their clothes are so much cuter. I'm not a huge fan of pink and frills either, but there are some beautiful dresses and floral things. My SIL asked for some knitting patterns to make for us, and the little dresses were so cute. But maybe next time! Haha.

I wonder if people buy more clothes for a girl vs a boy. They get overwhelmed with the cuteness haha.

Did you feel like you were having one of each or both the same or no idea before your scan? I had a really strong feeling I was having a boy.

I have found some cute boy's clothes but I've found more cute girl stuff. I've bought lots of clothes already but I'm going to hold off and see what we get given now. My midwife warned me that I'll probably go before my due date (possibly 4 weeks or more). My DH is going away with the army before I'm due and she didn't think that was a good idea. So I'm thinking I might need some more prem stuff.

Haha nah I'm not really that worried. There's a lot more to having a baby than the clothes that they wear! But I'm looking forward to one day having a girl to dress in those cute clothes. I'm sure your two both look very cute!

He's measuring right where he should be for 21 weeks. But some women with Lupus have complications after 26 weeks. My understanding is that sometimes the placenta stops doing its job or the baby stops growing like it should. I'm being followed by a high risk OB and I have a usual midwife. My midwife said that if there's going to be a problem then they can often tell between 26-36 weeks and then they might have to act early. I think also because I live in a small town, there aren't many/any patients with my conditions who are pregnant. So it means my midwife and OB are taking extra precautions, which I feel safe about.

That's good to know. I've got mostly 0-3 but also a few prem/newborn things. I think he's going to be tall (his legs were measuring ahead and my husband and I are both 5'9 and 5'10).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laree1820
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->