• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

frustrating fussy 4 month old!!

randomrach

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

Not sure if there's anything you could suggest that will help me but may as well put it out there. My little guy is a almost 4 months and after his reflux really improving (he's hardly sick at all anymore) he started to drink 6oz every 3-4 hours but recently he's started going 5-6 hours without a feed and still not wanting one when I offer it to him. He just pushes the bottle out with his tongue or spits the milk all over himself, at a push he'll drink 3oz. He uses a medium flow teat and have tried the next teat, recommended for babies 4 months+ but it's too fast. These are the same bottles we've always used.

Generally he is fussy anyway and tbh he's the most grumpy baby I've met, as much as I love him it's true. Any ideas how to get him to drink more regularly/ more at a time? Much appreciated.

If he doesn't want it, don't force it. 6 oz every 3-4 hours is quite a bit for some 4 month olds. It's quite possible he was drinking a lot more when we had more trouble with reflux (reflux babies tend to do this as it makes their tummies feel better to constantly eat). Now it could be he's stablised a bit, he's not needing that much to satisfy his hunger. As long as he's not showing obvious signs of being hungry, but then refusing to eat, or losing weight, just listen to what he's telling you and follow his lead. He knows what he needs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irenetta
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->