FSH blood test on cd5? anyone else?

Baby2012

Reaction score
Hello ladies,

My GP is sending me for test YAY!

He is testing me for SH, LH, serum testosterone, serum sex hormone binding globulin and serum oestradiol level.

He has said I can get these done between cd2-5. I plan on going on Monday which will be cd5.

I have since read fsh levels can be taken on day 2-5 of your cycle, day 3 being perfect day. However I have also found out that FSH can start rising as early as day 5 of the cycle so you would not get a clear reading.

My cycles are usually 26/27 days with O taking place on cd13. Would you get it done on CD5 or would you wait until next cycle to get it done of cd3?

:shrug: thanks in advance for your opinons xxxxxxxxx

Ignore that ^^ post!

I have found out the following:

As far as timing of the test and fluctuation of FSH: it is not necessary for the test to be run on exactly Day 3. Depending on the individual, there should be only slight fluctuation of FSH levels from days 2 through 5. What is important is fluctuation of the hormone levels from cycle to cycle, rather than fluctuations within a given cycle. It is believed that when a woman's hormones maintain relative sameness over several cycles, she is more apt to be producing high quality eggs.

https://www.fertilitycommunity.com/fertility/what-is-significance-of-fsh-levels.html

xxx

I just had mine done. I was at CD3 but when I got the lab report, it looked like their readings were for the first 5 days. I think you're safe. I hope you get good results!

I have just seen this reply! Thank you so much :hugs: I hope that your test were good too x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->