FSH/LH blood test NOT on CD3

Electricat

Reaction score
So, I got AF on CD 22 this cycle and my GP wanted to do some blood tests again. He has checked off for thyroid and other things and said we should do the Progesterone and LH/FSH again as well...but he said it was ok to have them all done on CD 21 - because he is mostly interested in the Progesterone....
I've tried to Google, but cant find anywhere that FSH is done on other days than CD 3-5.

Will the test result be unreliable when it's done in my LP?

Anyone have input?

Hi there! Haven't seen you about in a while! As for your question, I'm not sure. I thought - like you - that they looked for FSH on cd3, not cd21. Perhaps he's really just more interested in the progesterone, especially as your cycle was so short. Though I've no idea why he's even bothering to test for FSH on cd21. I can't imagine what the results from that hormone on cd21 will tell him. Though he's the expert, not me! Hopefully someone else can shed some light on this and good luck!

Hi there! Haven't seen you about in a while! As for your question, I'm not sure. I thought - like you - that they looked for FSH on cd3, not cd21. Perhaps he's really just more interested in the progesterone, especially as your cycle was so short. Though I've no idea why he's even bothering to test for FSH on cd21. I can't imagine what the results from that hormone on cd21 will tell him. Though he's the expert, not me! Hopefully someone else can shed some light on this and good luck!

Exactly what I'm thinking too - why bother doing them...I even said - I can pop in tomorrow to do them (I'm cd2 today), but he said no - do them on cd21...:shrug:

How is u then....baby dust working?

I wish doctors would explain things to us rather than withhold information. He should have explained. I went to an ob/gyn a while back, paid to go privately, he saw me for less than 10 mins and made me so confused I had to google. And then they complain that their patients turn to 'Dr Google'!

I'm sure he knows what he's doing though, even if he hasn't explained it to you!

Meh, cycle 8 for me. Currently 14/15dpo (not charting anymore) with only very mild intermittent cramping. Usually I'm spotting by now so who knows :shrug:

Aw - boo for spotting =/

CD3 here for me so I just started Cycle 9....God, time flies!!
I do feel like this Doc is on my side though and is actually doing stuff, not just patting me on the head telling me it will happen....you don't do that to a 43 year old!!

dust, dust to us! =D

To get an accurate fsh reading, estradiol has to be at basal level, which is cd2/3 of a cycle . You can tell it is basal as it will be less than 200. The fsh level will in no way be accurate if it is done on cd21 as an egg has already been recruited and more than likely already been expelled from the ovary. The cd21 test (which should actually be in the middle of your luteal phase - cd21 assumes that a woman ovulated on cd14 and has a 14 day lp). They can tell if you have ovulated because of the progesterone level.
Hope this helps x

To get an accurate fsh reading, estradiol has to be at basal level, which is cd2/3 of a cycle . You can tell it is basal as it will be less than 200. The fsh level will in no way be accurate if it is done on cd21 as an egg has already been recruited and more than likely already been expelled from the ovary. The cd21 test (which should actually be in the middle of your luteal phase - cd21 assumes that a woman ovulated on cd14 and has a 14 day lp). They can tell if you have ovulated because of the progesterone level.
Hope this helps x
Thank you - your comment made me call the hospital where they preform the blood test. I talked to a nurse there and she said she'd be happy to split my form so that I can do one test today and one in my mid LP =)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->