Fsmummy's journal. 140lbs to lose!

FsMummy

single mum to 4 cuties
Reaction score
ok i thought i'd start this today as i'm going to start my new diet tomorrow.(was intending to start today but oh got me chocs for valentines :dohh:) i don't like calling it a diet really, all im doing is eating healthier and doing a lot more exercise. cant diet as much as i want as im breastfeeding so got to keep the calorie intake up but i think i will do well just cutting out the crap i have been eating lately and increasing the amount of exercise i do. i already started doing little things like taking the stairs instead of the lift whenever i can (cant when got kids with me, dont think they'd appreciate the trip up or down 24 flights of stairs whenever we go out lol.) im making my oh do it too as we have both put on a lot of weight since we have lived together so i'll keep a mini record of oh's achievements too! i will update tomorrow with our weights and what not, i cant bear to weigh myself yet but im guessing itll be about 18st for me (i blame twin pregnancy lol) and 20 for him (i blame his driving job for that).

i worked it out and a healthy weight for my height should be around 8/9 stone so this will be very challenging. i managed to lose 5 stone after my eldest was born but piled it all back on when pg with the twins :(

start weight
:me-18
:OH-20.13

mini targets: drink more water, completely cut out tea, join the gym, take the stairs instead of lift, buy new scales

My measurements:
Top of arms:18.5in (this is where i want to loose it from most, they are way out of proportion to rest of me
Waist: 47in :shock:
thighs:47in
bum:49in
will update measurements as they get smaller lol
weekly weigh ins on mondays!
29/03/10: 18

so, day 1! i haven't weighed myself yet :blush: af is here and i'm majorly bloated so i don't think it will be entirely accurate anyway tbh. ok to hell with it, i will go do it now.

me: 18.5 :shock::shock:
OH: 20.13 :shock::shock:

i think the scales are slightly off as one of the rubber feet are missing so i'll get some new ones when i get a chance

so far i have had a bowl of special k for breakfast, (minus the 2 tonnes of sugar i usually put on cereal :rofl:), i don't go to work until 9 so usually have breakfast at 8/8.30 but was up wih a very ill lil girl at 5 (gastro interitis- not good :sick:) so i know i will be snacking before lunch. i've got apples and babnanas to snack on and a big bag of mixed nuts :thumbup: so hopefully they'll get me through. i don't know what to take to work for lunch though. we've got wholemeal bread but only thing to go in it is cheese. will this be ok? i have to keep my calories up for breastfeeding but i really dont want to eat cheese. i was going to just have 2 slices of toast and some fruit. wondering where i'm going to get these extra calories from :shrug: we have healthy butter so i'm all set lol will be taking the stairs on the way to work too of course :thumbup:

for dinner tonight i'm thinking of having a couple of chunks of plain chicken and mixed steamed veg, yummy, i love veg

(i will be at work all daymost days so i won't know what oh will be eating so we will have to leave it to the weigh-ins to see if he is cheating lol)

wish me luck!

thank you! day 2 and i haven't cheated yet :rofl: we are going shopping later so i must remember to get som new scales :thumbup:

Congrats on your new diet! You can do it!

day 3! well i was pretty pleased with myself yesterday. we went to my mum's so oh can work on the car with bil and instead of going in the car with him and faith i walked there with the twins and done some shopping on the way. its only just over a mile but it's more exercise than i woud've done if i had gone with oh in the car lol i haven't cheated yet! i was tempted with an onion ring last night but i refrained lol my sis has asked if i want to join her gym, i think i'm going to you know. will be nice to get out in the evenings a few times a week. i haven't weighed myself yet, i'm going to do it weekly on a tuesday. just had a really nice stirfry with lots of veggies yummy

day 4. off to work in a sec :cry: just finishing off my bowl of special k :thumbup: taking some wholemeal bread, an apple and some nuts to work for lunch. i want to get some of those new pumpkin seed ryvitas but i keep forgetting lol i dont know if anyone is actually reading this but if they are can anyone recommend a good fitness dvd? just something i can do at home when i get time?

day 5 already! well i think i'm doing well so far, the baddest thing i've had is a couple of cups of tea at work but going to cut those out after this weekend. our bloody steamer broke last night and thats how i cook all my veg and most meat :hissy: so oh is on a mission to get me another one. oh yeah i can tell him to get me some new scales while he is out! i can't wait to weigh myself on tues lol i bet i've put on weight or stayed the same. mmmm just finished an apple.

update on OH- he hasn't really bothered wit the diet tbh, he doesnt east much but he still eating the odd junk. we will see on tues how he has done.

i'm trying to find clothes for the gym atm, any recommendations? i only want something really cheap, tracksuit or something and trainers. it's gonna be hard to get hold of a sports bra in my size i think. oh well, i'm supposed to be getting ready for work. :hugs:

ah just got in from work, i'm exhausted. we got our new steamer, it's huge! looks really nice, i can't wait to use it. seen the scales i want too, will get them next time i go out (when i eventually have a day off work) i was hoping i'd have a few stalkers :cry: i'm thinking the support will be good and stop me being tempted, i'm less likely to slip up if i'm worried you girls will tell me off :rofl: well, i better go coz oh is being an idiot and having a go at me even though i only just walked through the bloody door :hissy:

day 6. didn't have dinner last night, oh was in a right mood and being a total twat so i just went to bed. i'd been at work all day and he started on me as soon as i got home, stupid oh. anyway, i'm getting bored of having wholemeal bread for lunch but got nothing else, need to go shopping. will see if oh will go and get a few bits and pieces later as i'm working and we are out of fruit. will update later, have a nice day ladies x x x

Your doing really well. Keep it up :thumbup:
I need some motivation myself, and reading threads like this really give me encouragement.

thanks jennie! :hugs: how much are you trying to lose? i've got a long way to go :( don't think i'm going to have lost much this week. keeping positive though :thumbup:

well it's day 7! weigh-in in the morning. oh was naught and weighed himself earlier, apparently he has lost 4lb! i wasnt there when he weighed himself the first time though so who knows :shrug: just had a nice lunch, a small jacket potato done in the microwave with a tiny sprinkling of half-fat cheese, was v nice. i did have some of lo's breakfast cereal this morning which prob wasnt very good for me but that and the potato is all i've had oh yeah and an apple, so i'm not too bothered. off to my mum's now, won't be walking today as it's really rainy and i'm finally insured on the previa so i'm gonna drive :happydance: x

i just weighed myself (its just gone midnight lol) and it was 17.9! thats a 10lb loss! af was here when i first weighed myself so i dont really think i lost 10lb coz i was very bloated. there is no way i lost almost a stone in 1 week lol. will weigh again in the morning tho and see what the scales say. x

hi everyone. still doing well with the diet :thumbup: and seen some success already so i'm really enjoying it. not done much walking as im insured on the previa now so oh been making me drive lol just got some sesame seed ryvitas yum yum looking forward to my next week of healthyness lol!

Youre doing so well hun count me in as a stalker!! Xx

thanks babydance! glad i've got a stalker now lol

well i missed breakfast today, the twins actually slept in! and consequently so did i lol, i've not been up long. just had a jacket potato and a banana for lunch. should be going for a walk to the library soon :thumbup:

Hi just read through your journal and your doing great :thumbup: I have a lot of weight to lose too..more than you :( but we can do it ;) x

thanks paula! wow youve lost 26lbs? you are doing great! how much do u have left to loose (if you dont mind me asking) i really think im going to stick at it this time, im just about to take all my measurements and update 1st post

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->