FTM's- When did baby drop?

ReadytoMum

Mama to Peter
Reaction score
I'm just wondering how many weeks were you at when baby dropped for the other FTM's out there? I specify FTM because I've been told that it's very common for subsequent births for the baby to drop during labour rather than before. I'm almost at 37 weeks and I'm wondering whether it's something I can look forward to soon, or if it's still a ways away? LO loves to kick the crap out of my ribs, and I'd really appreciate a breather from it!! :wacko:

Mine drop during my 37th week which was exciting until I got the new pain in my hips/lower back.:)

I guess at this stage there's just really no comfortable place for LO to be! :flower:

I wonder if mine is in the process of dropping this week - today was the start of a whole new level of back pain!

Mine did at 36 weeks, I can honestly say I had no real discomforts until that point. It seems it is worse some days than others and even at certain times of the day. I get mega pressure in my butt, pooping hurts sometimes (sorry TMI) and even sitting is very uncomfortable.

I still don't think mine has. Nobody has looked at me and said "oh you've dropped!" And my mum has been keeping a watchful eye on me!

I swear my baby is never coming out.

I dropped at week 35, my midwife announced it and she was kinda shocked.

I keep thinking mine has dropped and then he hasnt :wacko: cant even imagine MORE pain in my back/pelvis :wacko:

I dropped at 40 weeks with my first baby and only noticed as I was taking pictures of my bump every week. I had him about 3/4 days after I took the pic so that's between 3-10 days after dropping.

...can't wait for this one to get out of my ribs but as a second time mum this may not happen anytime soon :-(

My bump dropped at 38 weeks, I carried low and after she dropped it was almost half the size and so low sitting was uncomfortable and I had a RIGHT waddle when walking! First thing in the morning bump appeared to be a little higher again but after half hour or so it was back down really low. I delivered at 39+6

Mine hasn't completely dropped yet but apparently he's on his way :D

Thanks for all the feedback ladies! Somedays I feel like LO is starting to drop because I'll have a lot of extra stiffness and pressure in my hips area, but I don't think anything has actually happened yet.

My sister is going to lend me her yoga ball though, so hopefully some bouncing on the ball will relieve the hip pain and encourage LO to start his descent!

I had MW apt today and she told me baby has dropped and head is 4/5 engaged xx

Thanks for all the feedback ladies! Somedays I feel like LO is starting to drop because I'll have a lot of extra stiffness and pressure in my hips area, but I don't think anything has actually happened yet.

My sister is going to lend me her yoga ball though, so hopefully some bouncing on the ball will relieve the hip pain and encourage LO to start his descent!

Best of luck with the yoga ball--I found baths help me the most, sometimes it takes my breath completely away when he is moving down there.

With my first LO, baby dropped at around 33-34 weeks. He was born at 38w2d. I noticed the drop because my belly suddenly looked really small. It didn't look any lower. And then it grew as baby's body grew and fluid level adjusted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->