Full term tomorrow! Anyone else due late January and wanna wait it out together?!

Good luck at your appointment Bert!

Star congratulations on losing some plug! I think I have been loosing mine but in the toilet so I can't look at it really. Lol.

Hopeful: I wouldn't mind induction so long as my cervix was favorable and I was overdue. My mom is kinda big about not being induced but if I am overdue- f it. lol. I would like to KNOW when I am going to have him. still hoping I go into labor on my own early though!

I have my 38 week appointment today. Please keep your fingers crossed for me that I am dilated at least a little!

Good luck Bert and trying! I also have a doctor's appointment. I a, 37 weeks so I think "internals" start. Oh joy. I am fine with my doc checking but I don't want a sweep or anything like that. I am trying to work until Monday, still have not packed hospital bag, do not have nursery ready, car seat not installed in vehicle....just not a good time to have a baby! :lol:

Let's all update to share what the doctor said.

I don't know about you ladies, but im so ready to get this show on the road! Im so uncomfortable and tired. Yesterday I had a horrible headache that kept coming and going, and by evening, my face looks like the stay puffed marshmallow man. In the mornings its back to normal, but my face is so puffy by evening its not even funny. Ive got another ultrasound and NST tomorrow... I'll OFFICIALLY be full term tomorrow. :happydance:

Hope everyones appointments that they had today went/go well!

had a couple more tiny bits of gloopy stuff on the loo roll this afternoon, having a pj day as had norovirus so quarantined myself for 48hours (so still in dressing gown at 4pm!) had to put pants and pad on though as this increased discharge is ridiculous!!

looking forward to seeing everyone's on doctors appt's next few days, getting excited for you all :) got midwife next wednesday for 38 week appt, then not sure what appt's i get, i assume a 40week one with midwife (got consultant for 41 weeks that they booked me in for at 20 weeks) they dont do internals in uk til your in labour or doing a sweep, think sweeps are 41 weeks? wanting one to get things going, but at the same time worrying it'll hurt.....which is ridiculous with whats about to happen down there!!!! :)

Huge long gloopy clear mess on toilet paper just now :)

think sweeps are 41 weeks? wanting one to get things going, but at the same time worrying it'll hurt.....which is ridiculous with whats about to happen down there!!!! :)

I had a sweeps with my son when i was 39 weeks, and it was a little uncomfortable, but no more uncomfortable then an internal exam when they check for dilation. My MW mentioned awhile back starting them at 37 weeks to try to get things going so I can go before my due date and not be induced. Since im 37 weeks tomorrow and I see her Monday, I'm going to be practically harassing her to do it on Monday!

I am back. Doctor says all is well. I am negative for group b strep, which is great news. Blood pressure very slightly elevated, not a big deal. Baby measuring on track, no issues with urine, etc.

He did not do an internal and I did not really want him to. There are no signs of impending labour and since I don't want to have the baby yet, I'd rather not have anyone poking around up there and possibly triggering something.

The only bad thing was, he wouldn't write me a doctor's note authorizing a medical leave. He said there is no valid reason and I guess he is right. As much as I would love to lounge about in these last few weeks while still drawing my full salary, I am healthy enough to fulfill all responsibility of my un-strenuous job. I have the option of starting maternity leave early, but that would have a financial impact that I'm not sure is justified by my desire to be lazy. Please note, this is just related to ME and MY health; I am not making judgments about anyone else who starting maternity leave or medical leave.

He did say he will write me one next week, so I guess I will be working until Wednesday.

Just got back from my doctor appointment too! Blood pressure was great, baby measured on track, she did check me and said I am not dilated but I am 50% effaced :) I go back to doctor next Wednesday so let's see what changes between now and then!

Glad to hear both of your appointments went well :)

I had an appointment today with a nutritionalist that deals with pregnant and breastfeeding woman. Trying to explain to her my situation, she seemed very confused and had to write it down to look up later. They checked my iron, it was good.

Its only 10:45am here and Ive already got most the kitchen cleaned up and dinner cooking in the crock pot :happydance: Now to get the rest of this house cleaned up.

Back from my appointment too. I am only 60% effaced which I have been since 36 weeks so I am getting nowhere.

My next appointment is Tuesday and at that time we will be discussing induction for the following week- either the 22 or 23. so no matter what I will have my little man in my arms no later than a couple weeks.

I hope I go into labor before my next appointment though. I would love the 11th and my family is convinced it will be before the 15th.

Either way, I have major anxieties about having him because my mil had a stillbirth and it scares me, though the chances are super low of that happening. So I will be offered to induce between 40-41 weeks.

Well we've been for our scan. Baby has grown so the consultant has discharged me. Im so happy i can now cook my baby in peace!
I still have no idea how much she weighs and whether she's engaged at all i didn't get chance to ask weight and nobody examined me. Oh well i suppose the weighs will definitely be a suprise now.
Im a little jealous of kettle! I want some gloopy mess comin out of me! I've got nada. A little more discharge but nothing to get too excited about.
Im considering sticking an evening primrose oil capsule up there tonight!

Back from my appointment too. I am only 60% effaced which I have been since 36 weeks so I am getting nowhere.

My next appointment is Tuesday and at that time we will be discussing induction for the following week- either the 22 or 23. so no matter what I will have my little man in my arms no later than a couple weeks.

I hope I go into labor before my next appointment though. I would love the 11th and my family is convinced it will be before the 15th.

Either way, I have major anxieties about having him because my mil had a stillbirth and it scares me, though the chances are super low of that happening. So I will be offered to induce between 40-41 weeks.

That is stressful and scary. I work in the NICU and this past month has just been awful and just puts bad thoughts in my head. Its so hard when you hear bad stories or experience something bad, just sets your mind racing with the what-ifs. Hang in there we are almost to the end. :flower:

Sounds like good news all round from doc appt's :)

Well we've been for our scan. Baby has grown so the consultant has discharged me. Im so happy i can now cook my baby in peace!
I still have no idea how much she weighs and whether she's engaged at all i didn't get chance to ask weight and nobody examined me. Oh well i suppose the weighs will definitely be a suprise now.
Im a little jealous of kettle! I want some gloopy mess comin out of me! I've got nada. A little more discharge but nothing to get too excited about.
Im considering sticking an evening primrose oil capsule up there tonight!

ive been doing that for the last week or so. 1 twice a day orally and 1 vaginally before bedtime.. im hoping my cervix likes it!

Have you noticed any difference tankmom? I've just popped one inside eeeek! I really can't see it working as i get up for a wee around a thousand times a nite so its bound to fall out.
All im asking for is a bit of gloop down there ha so at least i know things are moving

i have no idea if its working. My midwife doesn't do internals and i didn't notice losing my plug with my daughter (plus i don't turn on the light to pee at night.. so there's a possibility something was there and i missed it). If you put it in right before you go to bed its supposed to dissolve by the time you get up for your first potty break. That's what i read at least...

I've got an app tomorrow 37+5, here they don't do internals til 40 weeks, but ill be asking about stretch n sweep! As my app is every Friday I'd better be getting one at least by 39+5 and not waiting til 40+5!!!

Warby that is so wrong, u have the right to refuse an internal they shouldn't have made u!

Just curious, I meant to mention this in my earlier post. Doctor said my cervix is posterior. What does that actually mean? I guess I should have asked her!

I think it just means its really far back- he has to reach to get to it. My doctor said the same thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->