Fun ways to tell DH your pregnant!

LovingMyLife

Reaction score
It took us 3 years and 3 rounds of IUI before we conceived our twins (who turned 2 in March), so this is a bit of a surprise pregnancy to say the least!!

We had a bit of a stressful weekend (car broke down in cottage country, visiting family which included 6 kids under 3!), so I am not sure how he is going to take the news. I am going to tell him tonight, just looking for some ideas on how!

:cloud9:

My first pg was a total surprise, but I didn't do anything too over the top. My husband is a baseball player, so I went and found a baseball themed onesie that said "little slugger" and put that in a gift bag.

I bet you can find a ton of cute ideas on pinterest! Update this post on what you end up deciding :)

It's my other half's birthday on Saturday so I'm waiting (trying very hard!) until then to tell him. I've made him a card that says "happy birthday daddy" (we've already got a little girl so he won't think anything of it" then on the inside it says "can't wait to see you in March"

Could you do something like that, like the card but obviously not a birthday card haha

I gave him a little box with pale yellow tissue paper in, under the tissue paper was a little card that said “coming soon” then a bodysuit with “baby ‘surname’” on and the test. He loved it

Part of deciding to go for #3 was deciding that yes, our current house was definitely big enough for another child. A few days later I was trying to keep up with the breakfast demands of our two kids, and joked to my husband that, while the house was big enough, we would probably need a bigger toaster to accommodate a 3rd child.

A few months later, I kept the positive test results to myself for a few days until I could buy a 4-slice toaster and wrap it up as a surprise present for him. Of course, being a guy, he had forgotten all about that toaster conversation and asked me if something had happened to our toaster 🙄. It was hilarious when he finally figured out why I was randomly giving him a toaster.

I suprised DH via his work. I rang his office and told them to write "congrats your going to be a dad" on his slip which he has to collect when he goes in. They put it on the big screen as well and teased him all day. Luckily for me he found it funny but was very embarrased. :)

Hi girls. For me i had all these dreamy plans i had seen on Pinterest for one day when it happened or we got the adoption phone call. Then there i am standing with a pos' test..i dip the next one..wrapper thrown in the air like a hooligan. I scream, run and rip open shower curtain where hubby is having a peaceful shower and start waving them in his face like a lunatic ������ Poor oke almost broke his neck with fright ��

Thanks ladies!!

Since I didn't have too much time to plan anything and knew I couldn’t keep it to myself longer than I already had, the kids and I made this in the 20 minutes I had before DH came home.

I had my daughter give it to him...and he was very confused. I told him I was pregnant and he didn't believe me. After the initial shock, we are very happy!

We are keeping our fingers crossed until we meet with the midwife, since we had a late first trimester loss before our twins.

But for now :happydance:

Attachments

• IMG_6230.jpg
    IMG_6230.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 11
Anything beats how my husband found out about our third child (currently expecting) he woke up from me crying in the bed next to him on google holding the positive test hahaha it's funny now....

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->