Funny gender scan story!

ashleyg

Mama to three
Reaction score
I wanted to share my surprising and funny gender scan story with you ladies because my hubby and I are still in a little bit of shock lol.

So to start off...I had done a 15 week gender scan and found out that baby #2 is a girl. I was disappointed because I had really wanted a boy since I already had my daughter. So I had my 20 week scan last week and told the tech I wanted to double check the gender was still a girl while she was checking everything else out with baby.

So...she started to do the gender check first and I see her jaw drop. I start panicking and ask her what's wrong if everything is okay...if baby is a girl :haha: and she pauses for a few seconds then goes "sooo...........it's not a girl. It's a boy."

My jaw hit the floor lol. I kept having her double and triple check that it was actually a boy. But he DEFINATELY is a little guy hahah he was flashing himself all around so there was absolutely no doubt this time. Safe to say DH and I are completely shocked! I had to run around yesterday after the scan and return all of the pink clothes I had bought for what I had thought was our girl! Luckily we didn't buy any big ticket items that we have to return..only thing is the rocking chair but that is easy to exchange. I spent all of last night re-bookmarking ideas for a BOY nursery now lol.

Anyways! I thought you all would get a kick out of that little story. SO you can change me to team blue!! :blue: :happydance:

I attached a picture of his potty shot and his profile! Clearly all boy haha.

Attachments

• potty.jpg
    potty.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 41
  • profile.jpg
    profile.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 17
Omg stories like this scare me lol ( ive been tolding having a girl after 3 boys and have nightmares that a boy will pop out ) glad you found out before birth though! And yep he's definitely all boy. Congratulations :)

Do you have a potty shot of where when you were told girl?

I dont think it's that common that they're wrong. We went to the same place for my daughters gender scan and they were totally right with her so I thought no different this time. Basically the tech at my 20 week scan said that when they checked his gender at the 15 week scan, his cord was in the way and that blocked all of his boy parts lol.

I don't have a shot of his scan at the 15 week one. He was being difficult and we couldn't get any good photos of him. I wish i did though so I could compare.

How exciting!! Congrats on Team Blue!!! Love his little smile in the 2nd u/s photo as well. :flower:

Thank you! We're excited to have one of each :) I was starting to get excited about the idea of having two little girls so hearing that now we have a boy was definitely a whole new feeling lol

At our 20 week scan last time around we were told girl (but in a quick, casual way) and then at the 30 week scan when it is often much harder to see gender they said, "why do you keep saying 'she'? Its clearly a boy!" It was a really weird shift. I was almost in mourning for the lost girl but then gifted with the new, exciting adventure of imagining a little boy. We had bought only one item of clothing, fortunately! This time around they told us with much more certainty girl at 12 weeks, girl at 20 weeks, and at 27 weeks I asked my doctor if she was really sure since last time there had been a switcheroo and she brought in 2 doctor-friends so the 3 of them could debate and really give a definitive answer....still a girl! It was unanimous and now I have just bought tons of girly stuff. If it is a boy this time I really need my money back!

Congratulations! I remember you saying you really wanted a boy! Good thing you found out before the birth lol x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->