Funny Story...because of exhaustion...does anyone else have one?1

_jellybean_

Reaction score
So my LO is in the nicu. Yesterday, when I walked in the door I heard him crying, I hobbled quickly over to his crib, shushing him and saying "don't worry, mommy's here...it's okay." I put my cane down and looked down and him, continuing to comfort him for a second, realizing that everyone is looking at me.
The nurse came over, and said, "honey, that's not your baby." :rofl:

Wow. I'm REALLY tired, I guess! The baby wasn't even a boy, she was a girl! :haha:

He has only been in there since Monday (had him on Friday), and I'm already exhausted! This has been the most difficult time of my life, even though I know he will be home and okay, so they say and God willing.

Lol that is funny! I don't think I did anything like that whilst he was n NICU but the other day I took him shopping and was about to put food in my pram because I thought I was pushing a trolley! What gestation was your LO and how is he doing? x

Lol:)

He was full term, but is having other health problems with breathing/eating, etc. They're telling me different things. They're saying it could be two weeks or two more months. I'm just praying that it will happen sooner rather than later because it's breaking my heart to leave him every day, and it's been tough recovering from the section while driving two hours per day and moving around so much.

I remember walking into special care and her incubator was replaced with a hot cot .... I didn't even check, I just assumed Alex had been put back into intensive care and I ran off in a panic looking for the nurse :haha: but no-she had upgraded to a hot cot!

Brilliant! I'm sure many will relate. We kept saying if her name wasn't on her box we'd not know which was which!

When F was in HDU they moved him and his room mate J around in the room. I arrived in,went to F's space and was talking to him and said to a nurse he looked like he'd put on loads of weight and was really active at which point she said to me "the toad is over there, that's J" Oopsy!!! I only knew who F was by where his incubator was :dohh: At least Iona's unit had numbers on the incubators/cots so I knew I was always looking for number 6

i went down to see my lil one for the first time and fell asleep leaning against the incubator, wasnt fair tho as they had injected me with morphine and then let me go to see him....i really dont remember our first moments together :(

Hey hon,

I did something similar with my DS (he was full term).

I was in the kitchen having breakfast with some other mums and one of them told me that one of the midwives had Ethan in their arms.

My curtain was pulled round my bay and I saw the midwife in question. I walked over to the midwife and wondered why on earth she had changed him into a pink babygrow. I looked closely at this baby convinced it was Ethan. I asked if he was ok and was just about to ask why she had changed his clothes when I glanced over and realised ethan was fast asleep in his crib - doh!!

The baby across the way was a friends baby and even when I looked at her later on I thought they looked very similar. Xxx

I never had a mix up of baby cause I always checked the name board as I went in that showed which room and space the babies were in.
My story is I was so sleep deprived I was sitting by the incubator and was drifting in and out of sleep, suddenly woke up when I bashed my head on the incubator just as I was drifting off lol

similar to yours, jellybean!

On Tuesday, the NICU unit moved Finn to a new wing (in preparation for coming home in the next few days! Yeah!), but I forgot to tell my OH, who went to the old location. He went in and went over to the cot and looked down, but fortunately realised it was not Finn -- the mother looked at my husband and he said: 'um, Finn?' and she said, 'no, no...my baby is Flynn'. Fortunately, the midwife saw him and directed him to the right place. I wonder if he would have changed the diaper and started the feed if the other baby's mum hadn't been there?

best wishes

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->