Fussing

Frooty

Reaction score
My lo got out of hosp on monday since then hes caught a tummy bug too. Hes not taking his feeds properly ive cut him down from 7oz to 5 but hes only taking 2 of that. Is it the bottlw or the milk or is it just cus he doesnt feel like it helppp

My lo got out of hosp on monday since then hes caught a tummy bug too. Hes not taking his feeds properly ive cut him down from 7oz to 5 but hes only taking 2 of that. Is it the bottlw or the milk or is it just cus he doesnt feel like it helppp

my lo had a tummy bug several weeks ago. he's never been a great feeder but during this time he was having under 10oz of milk a day. i guess its just the same with ourselves, the last thing we want with an upset stomach is food. the problem is keeping them hydrated. i was so worried about this i was at the doctors twice to check him for dehydration. the doctor assured me he wasn't despite his little intake. he told me to watch out for him becoming lethargic and not as alert as usual, check his mouth is moist and monitor that he was still having wet nappies. also when dehydrated there soft spot can sink in but this on its own doesn't always mean they are dehydrated. i would just keep offering water and if he is taking solids add formula to them and hopefully your lo will pick up his milk feeds when he's better. if you are still concerned take your lo to the doc for reassurance. hope he is better soon x

How long did it take ur lo to get over it

have you tried a faster teat...? perhaps he is having to work to hard to get milk out...
x

How long did it take ur lo to get over it

i'm sorry to say but it lasted 2 weeks for us. maybe won't be the case for your lo. i've just got my lo some baby probiotics. ive heard theyre really good for preventing and helping with things like tummy bugs :)

He seems to have fed better with a bog standard bottle n teat maybe gone off tommee tippee bottles?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->