gagging - reflux?

MummyIwanabe

Twin Mummy!
Reaction score
All of a sudden my boy has started gaggin quite violently. It can happen after a feed but it's also happening 2 hours after a feed. He feeds 3 hourly and gets very hungry but I try not to give him too much as he vomits otherwise.

He is already on reflux meds to the correct weight (ranitidine and domperidone) he was also on omprazole but I thought it was that that suddenly made him gag as he was on it for 7 days. He's still doing it though and its horrible I'm worried at night as I might not hear him when I'm asleep.

When he gags he then ends of vomitting if I don't sit him up in time.

Any ideas? He's on aptamil first milk 120ml and has 1.5 scoops of carobel to help keep it down...

Also he's on 120 but seems to quite often want more though he can't stomach anymore it seems. He weighs 8lb 10 is that too much milk for him?When can you go onto hungry baby? It says from birth but from what I understand it has to be a certain amount of milk?

also he gags on his bottle teat now and I have no idea why... part way through a feed he will retch and start gagging on the teat most unlike him :(

Was he only on those meds for 7 days? Omeprazole can take 14 days to kick in. Also he may have meds to the correct weight, but this could be the mimimum for his weight -there's actually a maximum for weight too (something I didn't know for a while)

It does sound reflux, and reflux babies tend to overeat - help keep sucking to mask the reflux pain.

yeh he was. when he started gagging I thought it might be the new meds so I stopped. I'm seeing the doc tomorrow so I'll see if he wants me to re start but you're prob right I'll start again and wait for it to kick in....xxx

Its from the reflux for sure...My LO did this so much before the meds started to make a difference! It made me totally paranoid that she was having problems breathing but the doctor assured me that it was temporary and nothing to do with breathing ect.

All of a sudden my boy has started gaggin quite violently. It can happen after a feed but it's also happening 2 hours after a feed. He feeds 3 hourly and gets very hungry but I try not to give him too much as he vomits otherwise.

He is already on reflux meds to the correct weight (ranitidine and domperidone) he was also on omprazole but I thought it was that that suddenly made him gag as he was on it for 7 days. He's still doing it though and its horrible I'm worried at night as I might not hear him when I'm asleep.

When he gags he then ends of vomitting if I don't sit him up in time.

Any ideas? He's on aptamil first milk 120ml and has 1.5 scoops of carobel to help keep it down...

Also he's on 120 but seems to quite often want more though he can't stomach anymore it seems. He weighs 8lb 10 is that too much milk for him?When can you go onto hungry baby? It says from birth but from what I understand it has to be a certain amount of milk?

It sounds like its from the reflux.

He will want more milk because drinking helps ease the pain of the milk coming back up. Hungry baby milk is only rely to help delay weaning and i dont think they recomend it for premmies since they need all the calories and nutrients they can get. Hungry baby doesnt have any more goodness than first milk it just digests slower.

will hope that the meds start to take effect then! Thanks ladies :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->