Gaining weight already?!

CassieSims

Reaction score
Hi all!

I guess I should have expected this... Seeing as I've been craving everything from a sausage and chocolate chip cookie to Taco Bell fire sauce (by itself!)

But starting at about 4 weeks I started feeling a huge increase of energy and I went from 210lbs to 198... (This is before I found out I was pregnant so I was ecstatic!). At about 5 weeks and 6 days I weighed myself again and I was 201. And now I'm up to 203 at 7 weeks and 4 days!!

I understand that HCG causes rapid weightloss but is it normal to be regaining it this early?

I would also like to add that 210 is a healthy weight for my body type and size, so I'm not concerned with that bit :)

Any input is appreciated!

Hmmm, that's interesting! I've never heard of HCG causing weight loss. Definitely not in my case! I'm only 4 weeks along and I have such an increased appetite and can barely make it through the normal work day! lol. I wouldn't worry too much. My one friend immediately started gaining weight at probably 6 weeks and she already had a baby bump at 8 weeks!! And she is a very small girl. She was probably 125 when she became pregnant but her baby is healthy and doing fine. :) And she still looks great now being 6 months! She's all belly.

Haha I hadn't heard of it either! But apperently HCG was a huge dieting craze, they injected the hormone into overweight men and women and they lost weight at a phenomonal rate.

Thanks for the input :)

I tend to eat whatever gets me through 1st trimester. I put on most of my weight then. As the morning sickness dissipates and bubby grows bigger I eat less, and more healthily.

I ate mostly carbs since that was all I could keep down and managed to still loose 1.2kg's. I do feel fat though. Lol

This post made me email DH and ask if he wanted to bring Taco Bell home :p

I've gained probably ten pounds at 9 weeks. I haven't had morning sickness, but I've had some weird food aversions that have made things difficult, and I've been too tired to shop and cook properly, too. Now that I'm getting a good handle on the aversions and the constant hunger, I'm hoping to slow the weight gain. I'm already overweight, so my midwife doesn't want me to gain much more, but said it's normal to gain faster than the ideal in the first trimester.

At first I was losing weight, in fact I believe I even made a post asking why I was losing weight, then all of a sudden the weight has packed on me. Not just my belly, I see it in my arms, legs and face. I think i've gone up 12 pounds and I'm just about 8 weeks. Whaaaa?:shrug: I admit I have been eating a lot more then usual because it keeps the morning sickness away but dang 12 pounds in a few weeks?

This happened to me with my second pregnancy, then in second and the third trimester I barely gained any weight and was all belly…hoping that is what's happing now. I'm like 10 pounds away from being considered over weight and I've NEVER been overweight. 8 weeks and got a huge bloat belly. I'm waaaaay too tired to exercise and food keeps me from feeling icky so I'm screwed. Cleaning is the only exercise I've been doing since the doctor told be I have a subchorionic bleed (hemorrhage), and too afraid of anything strenuous.

So weight gain in the first trimester doesn't have to mean you're doomed to a 100 pound weight gain in total, lol, it could taper off leaving you with the recommended weight gain. Every pregnancy works different, some lose a lot in the beginning from morning sickness then gain a lot in the other trimesters and some gain a lot in the beginning and nothing after. :flower:

Funny, I did the HCG diet last year, and lost 30 lbs in a month. I haven't put it back on except when I gained in an IUI cycle earlier this year.

With my first child, I gained at least a lb a week from the very beginning! At 6 weeks pregnant, I was already up 5 lbs because I constantly ate to keep from getting sick. It worked, but I gained a lot of weight during the first tri.

My second day of hcg im hoping it helps me so i can getback on my ttc

1 question galvin did it mess with your temps or were u b_b_t charting at all?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->