Gaining weight very fast

mBLACK

Mother to one & WTT!
Reaction score
My LO is gaining about a lb a week! He was born @ 6 lbs 14 oz, 3 weeks later he was 9.5 lbs, & a couple of days ago he was about 14.5 lbs! Is this normal?:shrug:

Yeah, it's really normal until about 3-4 months and then they have 'growth spurts' but the whole first couple months are like continuous growing.
Colton gained weight like that at first, but from about 4 months (so the last two.. :rofl) he has only gains 1lb per month.

what with the fast weight gain and the sickness you mentioned before I'd get baby checked out for reflux by the doc. Probably isnt it but you never know.. Most websites will say that a baby with reflux tends to lose weight but it's also possible for them to put on a lot as the milk soothes their throats so they ends to drink more. My little Ted is also a little porker and we think he has reflux.

Sounds completely normal to me. The first 6 months is when they gain most weight, it will slow down round about 4-5 months, and after 6 months when they are more active you will find they only gain 1-2lbs a month, Dec is near 11 months and the last 3 HV visits he had gained 1lb each month. Dont worry hun you have a very healty baby xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->