gall stones/gallbladder issues during pregnancy

rbueno88

Reaction score
Hi ladies...Wednesday I was admitted into the hospital for dehydration which I thought was due to morning sickness. However when my dr ordered an ultrasound of my gallbladder they noticed I had gall stones which when pregnancy will trigger nausea and vomiting. My gallbladder can't be removed until after pregnancy and now I'm on a bland food diet. We were released home today and I'm feeling nauseated again. My mom had this issue with me and she was sick all 9 months as the same with my aunt. Have any of your ladies experienced this? Do you have any tips or word of encouragement for me. These next 5 months are going to be tough.

Try sending a PM to amotherslove. She knows about this. Tell her Jessi said to Msg her ;)

I had this with my last baby! Except my dr just kept putting it off as acid reflex! I knew something else was wrong I would have day long 'attacks' the only thing that helped was heat (mostly like wet heat hot wash rag on my rib area) some times being cold would make it worse. It didn't matter what I ate even bread I would have an 'attack' it was the worse pain ever and i ve had natural child birth with no pain meds! Lol drinking milk would some times help some times I would have to throw up to get the pain to stop it was like pucking would get the stone threw and stop the pain. I'm so sorry you have to go threw with this but atlest they caught it....I had mine threw my pregnancy till the baby was 6 mo old and I gave in and went to the hospital (dh thought I was just being a big baby ha! Proved him wrong that $hit is painful!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->