Gang Of Grlz - Due Jan - Feb 2013 !

Leinzlove, yay for baby being head down and engaged but :grr: at you not progressing.

Aanch, sorry to hear you have a bad cold, if you've tried Sudafed and Tylenol, maybe you need to go to the doctor. I hope you get better soon.

Sas1, things are moving along if you're effacing. Hope things continue to progress for you.

AFM, the nurse practitioner said there is no change in my cervix/dilation. I'm still at 1cm and 50% effaced, I had some bloody discharge last week when my doctor checked but none at all this time, so I'm wondering if she even checked correctly :dohh: I just don't trust her like I do my doctor... She did confirm what the ultrasound tech told me; my baby is further down, so much that the ultrasound tech was not able to get an accurate measurement of his head so she guessed he's around 7lbs 1oz, but obviously it can't be cause he was around 6.10 lbs at 35 weeks... So if I'm lucky and he gained a full pound he may be around 7.6lbs... I can barely walk now though, or get out of bed for that matter. I think as the days go by it's getting harder... I'm seriously considering making next Friday my last day at work. What do y'all think?

Emmediva: You should definitley make Friday your last day at work. You're going to need your strength. :)

Won't be long... 50% enfaced is wonderful. :)

Emmediva - Next Friday is my last day. I plan to sleep as much as possible until the baby comes!! :)

I've started to get the period-like cramps the last couple of days, which I am guessing means I am getting closer!!

The worst problem I am having is with reflux though. :( If I lean forward, slouch, belch... anything.... I throw up a little in my mouth. :( Sorry TMI, but it's just so brutal. Has anyone else experienced anything like this???

yikes- I just laughed so hard about the puking in your mouth comment! I do the same thing lately, but haven't said anything to anybody about it! I am also getting the period cramps on and off for the past few days and I also hope that means things are really getting ready!

emmediva- You should definitely stop working if you can! There is no way I could still be working right now... ugh. This is my third week of disability already and I barely sleep anymore and getting around has become increasingly difficult and painful! You will really enjoy and need the time to rest and relax before baby gets here!

leinz thanks for the encouragement! I hope my baby comes closer to 39 weeks than 40! I am planning on digging out my exercise ball this weekend to start sitting/bouncing on to hopefully help baby along in there. Plus, I imagine it will be a comfortable position for sitting and get me moving a little more!

My sister is flying in from Colorado in about a week, so I am hoping once she gets here the baby will follow. It's so funny because family members (especially my mom) keep bugging me about what my due date is. As if, at every appointment my Dr. has a new weather forecast and can tell me the exact date. I was like okay mom, you have obviously forgotten how this works! Ha! She wants me to tell her a date so she can buy a flight to be here for the birth... AHHH!!! So ridiculous!

yikes- I just laughed so hard about the puking in your mouth comment! I do the same thing lately, but haven't said anything to anybody about it! I am also getting the period cramps on and off for the past few days and I also hope that means things are really getting ready!

LOL - I am glad it's not just me!! Carrots help though. I eat a bowl of raw carrots when I flare up badly. I am trying soda crackers too.

Leinzlove, 50% effaced is good but it's not progressing :( and I'm huge! I can barely get out of bed now.

Yikesbaby, good that you are starting to get cramping. Things are progressing. Sorry to hear about the reflux.

SAS1, I want to be able to spend as much time as possible with the baby once he's born. My disability insurance only pays 6 weeks and I have a week vacation that I want to use too. My mom is the same way as yours lol, she wants to be here but is 5 hours away. So every time I tell her I am cramping etc she starts packing her bags :haha: I keep telling her once I'm cramping regularly and at least 4cm I'll Let her know since they say it takes FTM's longer to have a baby than those that have already had one. So sweet that your sister is flying in to be with you.

AFM, just waiting for things to happen. I'm taking Evening Primrose Oil supplements in hopes that it'll help ripen my cervix, I'm walking more although it's hard. Oh and have any of you started to swell? My legs started swelling this morning and my face is swelling somewhat too.

YikesBaby: I know all about the reflux. It gets so bad I sometimes puke. And the throwing up in my mouth is the worst. It even burns. :(

Sas1: You never know maybe when your sister arrives you will go into labor. My family is excited and they are asking me everyday about labor symptoms. :)

Emmediva: 50% enfacement is nice progression. Sometimes it takes days, weeks for the body to prepare. I had nothing with DD and I still had her at 39w2d. You won't have to do that enfacement again, it doesn't disapear just waits for more.:)

Hello Ladies!!!

Wow!!! Where do I even begin? I am just so head over heels in love with my precious baby girl. Arianna Zenya Goglia was born on January 2nd at 11:01am. She weighed 7lbs13oz and is 20 inches long.

We finally got discharged from the hospital yesterday afternoon. Overall, my c-section went well. Unfortunately, there was still scar tissue left behind from my previous surgery so it took longer than usual to stitch me up. However, it was totally worth it in the end. I didn't feel any pain during the surgery at all. DH was right there with me stroking my hair and talking to me the whole time. It was really cute because we were already talking about where we would like to go on our first vacation with Arianna. At most, I just felt a lot of tugging and pulling. Even the spinal block wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. The doctors and hospital staff were awesome and made the experience very positive for me as I was a bit nervous going in that OR. Before I knew it, I heard the most beautiful cry in the world. Arianna is soo beatiful and is a huge blessing. I can't picture my life without her in it. The utopian joy I feel at this moment is unlike anything I've ever felt in my life.

Thank you so much for the well wishes. I wish the best for all of you too and will continue stalking this forum to give all of you the support you've given me over the past 9 months. You ladies are getting so close. Savor every moment, because before you know it you precious little bundles of joy will be in your arms. I can't wait to hear about all of your birth experiences as well as seeing lots of pics. I will be sure to post more pics of my baby girl as well.

Sending all of you massive :hugs::hugs::hugs:

Mimi: Congratulations on your beautiful baby! :)

AFM: I'm scheduled for induction next Monday Jan. 14 @ 4pm (US Eastern). So, baby will be here that night or the next day. I have to be there at 3:15pm to set up my room. I'm so excited!

Mimi, congratulations on your new baby!! She's adorable :cloud9: glad you both are ok.

Leinz, wow next Monday eh?! You'll be 39 weeks? When did the doctor tell you today or at your last appointment? I'm wondering what to expect at my 38 week appointment. Do you have your bag and baby's bag packed?

All - Thanks for your wishes,, i actually had a full blown sinus infection & they put on anti biotics called Zpack along with Sudafed for congestion & Tylenol for pain. Its getting better but still suffering from headache & ear pains every now and then with a stuffed nose :( Hate to have this in the last month ... Hopefully will be gone soon.

Mimi - Congratulations !!!! God Bless Arianna. I had tears in my eyes reading about her.. She must surely be a darling ... I am sure its the most precious moment in this world to hold your lil one in your arms for the first time :)) Soo happy for you that it all went well & you are Home !!

Leinzlove - All the best for your upcoming Induction !! Keeping you in prayers that all will go well & soon you will be holding your bundle of joy :)

Sas1 - Thanks for the tip, i got Vaporizer & it really helped me sleep well. After 4 nights , i actually slept :) Wow 50-75% effaced thats great, u r progressing.

Emmediva - Even i have 6 weeks leave at work so will be working till the very end. Regular cramping feels like u r getting close... hope the oil supplements are working. My moms flying from another country so she ll be there on 17th .. I cant wait to see her & want baby to wait until she comes.

Yikes - I havent had much of acid reflux ,, doc says baby has moved down so wont face any heartburn now. Glad atleast that is out of my way .. Hope u feel better.

I got Grp B Strep Test last Friday & didnt feel it much.. Will know the results soon.. Also doc didnt check my cervix, he said they do only in 38 weeks so wont know until then if i am effaced or not ... All i know that baby is head down & has dropped .... So The Wait Continues !

Emmediva: I didn't know until today. I thought there was a chance he'd want to induce me though. I have gestational diabetes and Group B. Depends on the Dr. I think, but my Dr. feels it better to have her at 39 weeks, than to keep her in. I have had bags packed since 35 weeks. Do you have yours packed?

Aanch: I'm sorry to hear that you are feeling miserable. I hope you find relief soon. I've had the same cervical changes at 36 weeks as I do today at 38 weeks. And I have Group B. It stinks that I'll be on IV meds as I wanted to labor in the shower... I'm hoping they might still let me.

Ooo mimi Congratulations!!!!! What a story hehe

I just got called by my doctor saying that I was low on Iron and need a new prescription.. isnt it a bit too late for that? hehe

Oh my goodness it is getting so close now!! eeeeek

So, I just got home from my weekly appt. and turns out my strep B test was positive. Bummer. Oh well... I have not effaced anymore than last week, but am now 1cm dilated. The exam was kinda painful and now I have some spotting. He said that would likely happen. I have also been having braxton hicks like crazy all morning. My stomach keeps tightening up and feels like the baby is pushing out against it, but it doesn't correlate with where is body is. The Dr. said that is how they are usually described, so I'm hopeful things will get moving a little more now. I am so tired of being tired! I only sleep around 4 hours at night because I am so uncomfortable. Any recommendations for sleeping out there? I already use the million pillows and have a heating pad I use on low in the bed with me on and off throughout the night. Ugh.

Leinz, what is her approximate weight? I barely packed my bag yesterday...

Farida, never heard of low iron this far along but I guess doctors know best?

Sas1, sorry to hear you have Strep B, I hear it's not so uncommon and can be treated with antibiotics.

AFM, just waiting for bubs to get here. My feet started to swell 3 days ago but they would go down at night. Well not last night, they stayed swollen and got a bit more today :( my hands are fine though. Are you guys experiencing swelling? I am also getting period like cramping, and sometimes I get the pains like when you're period is going to start and the lower back ache. I was told those are contractions, they are not close by a long shot, so I'm hoping I'll get some good news tomorrow. Hoping to be further dilated and effaced. I've been taking Evening Primrose Oil capsules off and on, and have also started drinking cinnamon tea every day to help things progress.

Hmm Yes neither have I.. but I guess ill just go to her and see what she says...

SAS1 I am so sorry to hear that but I am sure it is very easy to treat or so I have heard!

Emma, Yup I have swelling in my feet and legs too.. had one hand swell up recently... once only though and it went down the next morning... I have had cramping on and off too, but nothing alarmingly worrying.. and yes those are meant to be the contractions that help you a little more along it seems!

Good luck to all of us :D soon ladies... soon!

emmediva - I am totally swollen!! My feet and ankles have been bad for a few weeks. I've gone up a shoe size and I have muffin top over my socks!!! :rofl:

I've also had swollen hands for a few weeks too. They get much worse when I sleep - to the point that I can barely bend my fingers when I get up. Getting dressed is fun!! :wacko: I'm also finding that my knees are sore when I squat down and my shoulders and wrists are sore. Oh what fun!! LOL

I am having a home visit with my MW on Friday to prepare for our home birth... and have only two days left of work... so exciting!!! :happydance: My plan, as soon as I am officially on leave, is to nap all day. :sleep: Can't wait!

aanch - Hope you're feeling good!

SAS1 - I bought a memory foam mattress topper and I swear by my belly wedge pillow!! My reflux has been bad and I find myself sleeping sitting up a fair bit... but even still, I think the topper has been helping me!

SAS1 - I bought a memory foam mattress topper and I swear by my belly wedge pillow!! My reflux has been bad and I find myself sleeping sitting up a fair bit... but even still, I think the topper has been helping me!
Yeah, I have a topper too and it def helps. I had been considering a wedge, but at this point was just hoping to survive until delivery. We shall see how long before I give in!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->