gap between babies

DMA

Reaction score
I have a 5month old girl and I already want to try for another but my OH being ever sensible thinks we should aim for a 2year age gap between them. Just wondering what people thought about age gaps?

xx

i think its down to the individual couple, i don't think there is ever a 'perfect' age gap, its when you're ready for another one :D we are waiting till maddi's around 4 years old before we start ttc again, for us, thats right :D x

when my DD was 4 months old we started ttc i got caught when she was 9 months, they are now 5 and 3.5 and it wont be long before i ttc again

We plan on trying to have them fairly close in age and as we only want two, we hope that it works out that was as it would mean them being babies together, toddlers together etc and hopefully be easier for us in the long run (although remind me of that when I have my hands full!!!)

xxx

Mr Mouse only wants one but I would like 2, I guess the gap will depend on how long it takes me to convince him (if at all!)

We're going to be aiming for a 2 year ish age gap too :)

We're aiming for a 2 to 3 year age gap. Alyssa's 11 weeks old now, so we figure we'll start TTC in the summer of 2010. I fell pregnant really quickly first time round, so if it pans out the same way again, our little ones will be just over 2 years apart.

There is no right or wrong answer though - it's down to the individual couple and what's right for you :)
x

For us a three year age gap will most likely be best. I would like my son to be a bit more independent so that he doesn't get upset when I'm feeding/changing his little brother/sister. Plus I won't have to worry about taking care of a baby when Connor is in his terrible twos :lol:

If I had my way id be pregnant again already but as OH has only recently started his business he wants to wait just a little bit longer so we are going to start TTC around July time so hopefully will get an 18month - 2 year age gap by the time number 2 is here xx

there is nearly a 7yr gap between my kids as i had my firsdt when i was 13 and my second when i was 20

Two or three years would be perfect for us. I'd like them close together, but not too close.

I'd like a two year age gap between them. Less could be nice but stressfull and 2 yr gap means trying to concieve when LO number1 is 1yr old... I personally think more than 5 years is too much (everyone has their own issues of course, and reasons to wait longer) but I like the idea of kids the same age playing together, growing up and learning together, and why not, clubbing together!! Two of my friend have a 1 yr age gap between them and they always used to take care of each other when they were kids and go out together. They have a smaller sister with 8yr age gap with her sisters and she was always alone and the only one left living with her parents and studying, the others are already working, so I think she missed out on a lot of companionship she would have got is she was only 2-3 years younger than them... As I say it's a personal appreciation and I understand there are people that do it differently depending on how they feel or what there personal situation is like... xxx

I think what ever gap is right for you. Im planning on having a 3 year age gap between my children so they are going to be a bit more independant when i have my next but close enough for them to still get on. There is 13 months between bro#2 and my sister and my mam said it was hell.

Liam is 2 1/2 so I would like 3 years I guess. or obviously a little more. I always wanted 3 years but I swear I just fully healed not too long ago. With my traumatic delivery, there was no way in hell I could go straight for another baby.

There is almost 5 year between my 2 and there will be (if we ttc straight away) 15 years between this one and my youngest!

We have will have a 2.5yr gap between Alfie and this LO......there is 8yrs between Jade & Alfie, although that was not the planned it just happened that way due to 'life'. x

There's 3 and a half years between my 2 i always though i would have had a closer age gap but when number 1 came along i didn't feel ready for number 2 for a long time and the same has happened with number 3 i've only recently felt ready to have one more although i do realise the age gap between number 1 and number 3 will be huge but my eldest adores his baby cousin and is desperate for another baby in the house so i know i'll have a very willing helper my youngest on the other hand doesn't care either way x

We plan on waiting until jack is about 2 1/2 so he understands a little more and will by my little helper :)

My first 2 there is a 15 month age gap (got pregnant when Morgan was 7 months), my 2nd and 3rd there is a 22 month age gap, Honey grew her wings but there is 361 days between her and my fourth, our youngest. We will be ttc from June after a m/c at the end of April so I guess a 2 year age gap is quite probable.

hi everyone im kind of new here, i love this thread/forum,
the whole ttc thing is driving me insane right now!!!

i have my first son who is 10, he will be 11 in July. He is from a previous relationship. I finally met mr right in 2007 and i have my gorgeuos Lewis, who is 5 months old born in November last year. He was a complete surprise (very happy one) as we werent trying, i had only been with my partner a few months!!!!!!!:baby: so as you can see there is a large gap between my boys
But now we are so happy and in love, and we adore Lewis so much, I am already thinking about ttc again, as i dont want a huge age gap between Lewis and the next one. I am 31 and mark is 41. And we would like at least 2 more together!!!! I keep umming and ahhing over it.
its just been driving me mad as to when we actually start!!! DP says when he turns 1,....but im like....i dont know....i had so many problems and was so uncomfortable with Lewis's pregnancy last year..but its worth it a million times over!!!!!!
its nice to come on here and be able to rant about it!!! :blush:

Jen xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back