Gas/electricity bill!

kerrie24

me,him and 3 lo's
Reaction score
Ive recieved my bill today for 16th oct to 2nd feb (so three and a half months) it is £730!
I think thats extortionate
!Our august to oct bill was only £140.:wacko:

I used to be on pre payment metres at the old house and it would be around £10 week for electric and £20 for gas,so I was expecting it to be similar here.

Our oven is electric so its just the hob and the heating/hot water for our 3 bed house,but Im carefull about putting it on,being wary of getting a huge bill:haha:

If you dont mind sharing,is yours anywhere near that much and for what size house?

Mines pre pay & about the same amount as your old lot??!! That's a ridiculous amount!! X

OMG!!! am dreaded mine, I pay £120 dual fual per month but thats over 12 months calculated, have had the heating on constantly since October so am prolly gonna get a shock soon!

we also have a 3bed house.
our gas is £45 a month (in the winter) and electric is £50 we pay them seprate as it worked out cheeper for us. in the summer this goes down alot as we dont have the heating on.
is this an estermated bil or did you do the meter readings?

what temp do you have the heating on? if its really high turning it down a degree or 2 can make a big diffrence. also we have energy saving lightbulbs in most of out rooms.

I am prepayment and i put a £120 a month on each so £730 may be right.

I have electric oven, gas boiler, gas hob and central heating.

V xxx

I have dual fuel for a 3 bed house. We pay £138 a month and i got our bill and i still owe them £125 so in total thats £539 for 3 months.

were on prepayment meter and pay £10 a week on each. we are in a 2 bed flat. only the water and heating is gas the rest is electric!

im glad im on prepayment there is no way id be able to afford that bill!! x

This years elec/gas bill from late oct to early feb has jointly come to £375, the elec was 95 for the three months and the gas was £280 for the three months, we live in a 3 bed house with gas central heating. Yours sounds ridiculous though! Like others have said is it estimated? Who are you with? We're with npower xx

We have electric everything. Our heating runs straight of the mains electric (Which is the most expensive way to heat your house) and my bill for 23rd Nov to the 8th Feb is £572.

Thats not even three months. Turning into eat or heat for us now!

we have a fairly big 3 bed end terrace oven is elec but everything else is gas we pay £60 per month normally over winter we owe maybe70-100 but we go into credit over the summer so always evens out,

have you checked the meter readings as sometimes they use estimates, also paying by dd also gets you cheaper deals and discounts, try going on the uswitch website to see which companies would be cheaper for you hun x

We have a 2 bed house, just had our 3 month bill and it was only £175 and that was from actual meter readings so its accurate. We only have a gas boiler for central heating and to warm water. Cooker, shower and fire are electric

We are on a prepayment meter here and it annoys me having to top up but in some ways im glad we are because you can keep an eye on what you are spending. its a 3 bed house and we put £10 gas and £10 elec in a week atm and we have gas heating and cooker, and i use the tumble dryer every day. in the summer we barely had to put anything in.
our old house was a 2 bed and we had only elec, no gas, and we used to go through £20 every couple of days because of the elec storage heaters.

Thanks everyone,mine does seem a bit high then.
Im on Npower,and it was an estimated bill but straight away I rang with meter readings and they actually put the price up from £659 to £730!

I cant pay such a big lump at once so Ive set up a direct debit but they would only do it over 9 months,so with this bill and my use each month im gonna have to pay £220 a month till november:cry:

Im so worried about holidays we have booked and my driving lessons:nope:

id think about switching from npower.

we were with them (for prepayment) and it was a lot more expensive than other companies.

we are with british gas now as uswitch told us they were the cheapest. x

I used to be with npower and will never go back to them!! They let me run up masses of debt without telling me then said i couldn't leave them until i had repaid them which was a lie! So i left them and then paid them back slowly every month. They cannot stipulate how much you have to pay back as long as you pay back something every month. I only paid £50 a month but if you can only afford 10 then they have to accept that.

This is why I like a key meter, yeah they charge a bit more but at least I don't get a massive shock at the end of every 3 months.. I'd have had a heart attack if that dropped on my floor. Lol..

I use about £20 of gas a week here at the moment but for the last week or so we have barely managed to get above freezing.. It's been so cold and I am end of terrace so my two bedrooms have two exposed walls so they are very very cold and I have to keep the girls warm.
Electric has always been the same £10 a week or less

Think I will look at uswitch see if any cheaper options.:thumbup:

I found British Gas was cheaper for me but at the moment I am with Eon. They aren't so bad

I'm with eon too, i like that i can keep an eye on it online and see if i am in credit or debit etc. Also i have one of there new meters which sends the readings to them every 3 months so i don't have to and i never get an estimated bill!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->