gastric band

trying4no1

Reaction score
i was at my doctors today as i have some problems with my underneath my ankls, they are so so painful and i can barly stand on them for my job with is standin up for about 7-8 hours a day in a factory, well my doctor got on to the subject of possibly having gastric banding done, its not on the NHS but he can refer me to have it done private which the NHS wil pay for as my bmi is really bad.
now im not a cop out, i eat healthy food til it comes out of my nose and ears, i just cant do the exsercise as i just cant do much movement.

when my doctor told me i told im i wil have to do reasearch and get back to him to either refer me or not, iam thinking of it, im just worried how lng i wil have to wait before i can ttc again, i know me being slimmer wil be better.

if anyone on here has had it done please reply and tl me your thoughts.

thank u very much xxxx

i was looking into having a gastric baloon as its not perminent. and lasts for 6 months and u hv it out. but i thought ill try my hardest on a diet first....ive been doing it 16wks so far n lost nearly 2 n half stone. with doing no excersize jus chaging my food habbits. have u tryed weight watchers/slimmingwold x

My Aunt has a gastric balloon and it has worked wonders for her..x

Hey hun, i had a gastric bypass in april - ive lost nearly 6st since. I have to wait at least a year after the op to TTC again, because with the bypass u dont absorb all the nutrients and so it can be bad for a babys development.

Id pretty much say it was the same with the band - the first year is the most important to loose the weight before ur metabolism adjusts to the less food, and weight loss slows down. The good thing about the band is that when u do get pregnant it can be relaxed to allow u to eat better.

It also depends what ur BMI is, whether the surgeon will want to do the bypass or band.

Balloons, do help but only while theyre in. They can only be in for 6 months, and make u feel full much quicker. But as soon as they are taken out, normal food volumes can be consumed and weight piles back on. These are usually only done to very very obese people on the NHS so they can loose some weight, to make the bypass or gastric sleeve easier for the surgeon.

Have a look at www.bospa.org it will tell u the requirements in ur area etc x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->