GDM test and ultrasound 30 weeks

nnaime

Blessed Mother of 2 little ones
Reaction score
So I failed my second 1 hour glucose test this pregnancy, so I went on to do the 3 hour test which was so awful and had an appointment to check babys measurements and fluid levels.

At 30 weeks he is weighing in at 3LBS 8oz in the 56the percentile but I seem to have a higher level of fluid. Dr said high fluid level is common in women with gestational diabetes but I won't get results until Monday to know for sure. Hes been very active.

They scheduled me for another ultrasound next Wednesday to check on fluid levels again and check my results I guess. But now I'm worried that this other appointment is because they saw something wrong in the scans and I didn't hear them or they didn't say anything (I was a bit out of it from the glucose test). I'm really bad at asking questions because I either forget after 5 seconds or I have no idea what to ask or what I need to know

Are all these appointments normal or normal in a high risk pregnancy/or someone with GDM?
Ive really got myself worrying

Hi, just wanted to say don't worry about the extra check ups, I'm assuming it would depend on the hospital but at mine you see the consultant or doctor, midwife and diabetic teams once every 2 weeks starting at 28 weeks for a check up and extra scans every 2-4 weeks depending on individual circumstances, I was diagnosed with gd this time round at 16 weeks (first pregnancy 28 weeks). I'm in the UK. So I'd say totally normal on the appointment front if your hospitals the same, it can be reassuring to know everythings going well and your gd is being looked after properly.
I'm not sure about about the extra fluid, it's not something I've had to worry about fortunately but hopefully someone will come along more knowagable about that. I would think though if your doctor says it can happen in gd pregncies and doesn't seem too worried, that's good. And it's great about the extra scan, to keep an eye on it. I do get it though, its difficult not to worry.

You have my biggest sympathize when it comes to that gtt test, it's awful! Genuinely hell. I do the exact same thing, think I'll ask about this or that and then forget with everything going on in the appointment, could maybe write it down and take it with you?
I hope everything goes okay next week, I'm sure it'll be fine! Just try and relax in the meantime, easier said than done I know!

Totally normal for extra appts/scans with GD/suspected GD. I see consultant every 2 weeks now till the end of pregnancy and yes they have also told me extra fluid can be part of it, I have a scan next week so not sure if I have extra fluid yet but will see! Like Talia said write down all your questions before you go then you have almost if things you want to know, I always forget to ask things when I'm there! X

Updating to say I passed the glucose test! Yayyyy

Yay, I'm glad you passed. That's great news :D

Glad you passed! I failed the one hour with both of mine and passed the 3 hour one both times.

Hope the extra fluid isn't going to be an issue for you.

I had my 3 hour today because I failed the 1 hour... However the lab accidentally gave me the 1 hour drink and I drank about 1/5th of it before she realized it was the wrong one and gave me the 3 hour drink. I'm so worried that now I'm going to fail the 3 hour because of such a silly mistake. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->