Geared up to O and then…

B

BumbleBabybee

…I got sick. I had all of the signs that I was going to O. A few days of EWCM (we DTD those days) and I was due to O on Tuesday and then I got horribly ill. My husband brought home a virus from the school he works at and all three of us including my daughter got it. I was incredibly sick for a couple of days…vomiting everywhere body aches the whole shebang. I usually feel my OV pain and I haven't felt anything yet. I'm wondering if my O will be delayed or if I will skip it this month? Will my body redo the whole EWCM thing again? I would love advice from anyone who may know anything about this. Thanks!

…I got sick. I had all of the signs that I was going to O. A few days of EWCM (we DTD those days) and I was due to O on Tuesday and then I got horribly ill. My husband brought home a virus from the school he works at and all three of us including my daughter got it. I was incredibly sick for a couple of days…vomiting everywhere body aches the whole shebang. I usually feel my OV pain and I haven't felt anything yet. I'm wondering if my O will be delayed or if I will skip it this month? Will my body redo the whole EWCM thing again? I would love advice from anyone who may know anything about this. Thanks!

Unfortunately I dont know anything about this specifically but I would think you would O anyway?

If you were so sick that it affected your hormones, it could delay O by a day or two, but usually illness doesn't do much more than that. In rare cases it can cause you to skip a cycle, but that definitely isn't the norm. Your body does respond differently when you're sick, so just because you didn't feel something doesn't mean it didn't happen, especially with all the other aches you already have going on. If you're really concerned about whether it happened or not, you could always go in for a 7dpo blood draw and find out. It's only $60 to order the lab through RequestATest, if you don't feel like going into the doctor. (That's where I order my lab work through when I don't want to have to sound paranoid or too test-happy at my OB/Gyn. haha)

Thanks for your insights. It's so frustrating because every month I have horrible horrible OV pain and there's no denying when it's happening. Because of that I never felt the need to use OPKS and/or chart. I'm on cycle day 19 and on cycle day 17 I had another round of EWCM as if it was going to happen so we DTD and still nothing :/

:( That's really frustrating. If you did skip, hopefully you'll just get AF in a couple weeks and get to start fresh.

If you did skip O and your body is going to try again during this cycle, it usually takes a full week to totally reset the LH surge (on average), if that's any help.

Really? Wow that would be pretty cool. I've never heard of that before..it taking a full week. Well I hope so and I'll be on the lookout for signs. Thx!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->