Gender confirmation at 12.4 weeks and 14.2 weeks

Momx3girls

Reaction score
I was told boy by my doctor and by an ultrasound tech. Anyone else had gender be confirmed this early twice and it turned out to be wrong?? They both were 99% sure.

I have no experience with this as this is my first but Im waiting to see what other people say because I got the same answer as you from my doc/ultrasound tech. I also posted the video from our NT scan on here & did a poll. 15 ladies voted and they all said boy & that scan was done at 12.2 weeks so I'm assuming it is very possible. Do you have A pic you could post?

Here are my pictures. They are pictures of pictures so I hope you can make them out. The first two are at 12.4 weeks and the last one is from 14.2 weeks.

Attachments

• 2011-05-20 09.38.44.jpg
    2011-05-20 09.38.44.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 66
  • 2011-05-20 09.40.13.jpg
    2011-05-20 09.40.13.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 59
  • 2011-06-01 12.15.26.jpg
    2011-06-01 12.15.26.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 72
I had a scan at 13.6 and today at 15.6. The sonographer gave me a pic of the 13.6 but said that she wouldn't guess until I was 16 wks, but she did give us a pic so we could debate it. I thought that the pic was boy. Today at the ultrasound she confirmed what I thought. ITS A BOY!!! I think your first 2 pics looks like they might be umbilical cord pics, but the 3rd could totally be boy pic! Good luck! :)

I had a scan at 13.6 and today at 15.6. The sonographer gave me a pic of the 13.6 but said that she wouldn't guess until I was 16 wks, but she did give us a pic so we could debate it. I thought that the pic was boy. Today at the ultrasound she confirmed what I thought. ITS A BOY!!! I think your first 2 pics looks like they might be umbilical cord pics, but the 3rd could totally be boy pic! Good luck! :)

Do you have pics that you can post?

i do have the pics and will have to see if i can get the hubby to help me when he gets home to scan the pics

I agree w/ shorty, the first 2 look like the umbilical cord got in the way and was poking out b/w his legs, but the 3rd pic definitly looks like it could be a boy! Congrats! Were you hoping for a boy? (we are, not that we wouldn't love a little girl any less, but I would love a little boy! So I was happy when the tech said she thought it was a lil guy!)

i'd say boy is right...i just posted my girls shot at 14 weeks here

https://www.babyandbump.com/pregnan...ad-anatomy-scan-wrong-sex-6.html#post10897218

the 12 weeks one is risky, because the parts look EXACTLY the same at 12 weeks (our little girls have temporary little penises lol)... 14 would be more reliable but i would still hold off til your next scan to buy blue! just to be safe :) its still pretty early.

I did have an ultrasound at 14.5 weeks with my 1st where I was told boy, but at my 20 week she was a girl. But yours looks more like a boy than mine did. Mine seemed like a tiny penis, which wasn't really one, and dissapeared, but yours looks pretty big so I'm guessing it won't be leaving
Oh and 14 weeks is usually accurate, but not always as some girl nubs take longer to dissapear, but yours doesnt look like a nub to me(especially the last one, makes me think boy)

Thanks. I am thinking they were right too. There was just too much protusion for it to be a girl.

The first 2 pic are too early as girls can look like that at that age. The 14 week potty shot definitely looks like boy to me thou. Looks like my 16 week potty shot with this little man.

Congrats on your first little boy :) xx

I am so paranoid that they were wrong. I look at the pictures hundreds of times a day.

Looks boy to me too but I wouldn't go buying blue stuff until you have a 20 week potty shot! :flower:

Boys and girls look almost exactly the same until at least 13-14 weeks and until 16+ it's touchy whether or not they have defined genitalia yet. . .so hold off *just in case*. My gut feeling says boy on this one though! ! ! !

i think boy hun looks like my sons scan pic and nothing like this little girls!!! i would say u were having a boy! but again hold off buying till ur over 16weeks and they tell u boy xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->