Gender disappointed

I had 4 boys. I was ttc for 14 months for this, my last lo. I've also suffered losses. We tried once more to have a little girl to complete our family. I love my boys to pieces but I have a piece of my puzzle missing and it's a pink piece.
When all the boys are out with my oh playing football at the weekends I'd love a little girl to do things with, someone to have the relationship with like I have with my mum. It's always been my dream.
So to find that this is a 5th boy disappointed me. Of course it did, and what's wrong with being disappointed when being told that something you have dreamed of is never going to happen???
Some people have no understanding or empathy for people with gender disappointment, it's not that ladies don't love their lo, aren't grateful for a healthy baby, that's missing the point completely.
It's disappointment for what you DON'T have, not what you do.
I'm past caring what judgemental people say anymore tbh, unless you've walked a mile in my shoes.....

Oh and to the op, come join the GD section, we show only compassion in there, no judgement x

I don't understand gender disappointment. Why are people so worried about it? I did think 'oh I hope its a ...' And then I had a dream that there was something wrong with baby and it put everything into perspective!
I actually think its such a shame that people care whether baby is a boy or a girl, maybe you should take a look in the TTC forums etc and just think how lucky you are that you're having a baby in the first place!

BUT having said that, I'm only on baby number one so what do I know?

Totally agree with u.. whos cares what sex baby is so long as its healthy.... i can see now why the forum gender disappointment is members only!!! will piss a lot of other members off!!!!

And you've pissed alot of members off.

I have four girls and am desperately hoping that I will have a son (or maybe two) with this new pregnancy.
I am pregnant with twins and will find out in about two weeks what gender they are. It doesn't matter so much to me what gender they are, I am just glad that I am pregnant again after suffering a miscarriage last year, it's just my husband as he wants to carry on the family name and have someone to pass our farm onto when we are gone so I really want a boy for him. He jokes that if I don't have a boy we will have to give them up for adoption so we can start trying straight away for a boy as we can't afford to have any more after this. I don't think he's serious but it hurts my feelings, we live in the country and I have no friends or family nearby to talk to so it gets quite lonely out here. Anyway fingers crossed I hear good news in a couple of weeks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
over35tryin
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->