Gender Neutral Clothing Sources

Bibliophile

Mama to 1
Reaction score
Does anyone know of any good stores who specialize in gender neutral (and inexpensive) baby clothes?
NOT places like Target, Amazon, etc. I know we can find some neutral items there, but I'd love to find some sources where I don't have to wade through dozens of very gendered items to find a couple of cute neutral ones.

Or maybe it's asking too much to find neutral onesies that aren't $25+ a piece? :haha:

Rule of thumb...if it is yellow or mint green...it is gendered neutral. So If you are shopping for clothes..scan for anything yellow or green.

I'm actually looking for things that have more colors than just yellow and green. :) As we're going to parent neutrally, we're not going to wait until baby comes and then do gendered clothing. So we need a much wider range than just what the department stores consider neutral. :) Because I'd go nuts having baby wear yellow and green constantly just like I would pink or blue!

Btw, have you tried gymboree or babies r us?

and old navy too. They seem to be more gender neutral

I'm actually looking for things that have more colors than just yellow and green. :) As we're going to parent neutrally, we're not going to wait until baby comes and then do gendered clothing. So we need a much wider range than just what the department stores consider neutral. :) Because I'd go nuts having baby wear yellow and green constantly just like I would pink or blue!

I would to, but it will be enough to hold you over and when your baby is born, you will be surprised how many people will buy your baby clothes, I hope. My family and friends did with my babies.

I would to, but it will be enough to hold you over and when your baby is born, you will be surprised how many people will buy your baby clothes, I hope. My family and friends did with my babies.

Ah but I expect the op is wanting to avoid gifted clothing as they'll probably be either pink or blue as she has said she will be gender neutral!

I'm sorry I just don't know anywhere and I really struggled to find anything nice when I was pregnant with ds.
I got a bit from next but I guess you don't have that there.
Xx

Before we found out that we are having a girl, i hit up the thrift stores for anything not specifically boy or girl. I have some yellow, green, brown, white, which seem to be the prominent colors if you dont go all out blue or pink. i picked up some onesies with cute sayings in navy blue, black and grey, and one or two in red...and if you get them at the thrift store, most of the time they are in pretty good condition because baby doesnt stay in 0-3 or newborn for very long...plus, you're gonna wash all their clothes before they wear them anyway, so why not get some onesies for 99 cents to two dollars (the higher end of the stores around me)///even when we found out girl, i still buy yellow, green, blue, red...just sprinkled with some pink and purple :haha:

We'll probably do that, Melly. We were planning on doing lots of yard sales this summer since it's an August baby, too. :)
I'll check out Old Navy. I was just really hoping I could find a store that I could point my (very traditional) family to and say "This is the kind of thing we're doing." Otherwise there will be a lot of things that get returned and donated. They don't get it. At all.

We'll probably do that, Melly. We were planning on doing lots of yard sales this summer since it's an August baby, too. :)
I'll check out Old Navy. I was just really hoping I could find a store that I could point my (very traditional) family to and say "This is the kind of thing we're doing." Otherwise there will be a lot of things that get returned and donated. They don't get it. At all.

The BEST sales to go to are church rummage sales...especially the "fill a bag with clothes for X dollars" ones! they start those usually in the spring, and i swear we went to every since one in our area last year, but by the time we found out about baby on the way, the sales were tapering down (late august/early september) :dohh:

Try carters. If you don't have one by you then here is the website. They have neutral from Newborn to 24mons

Here is the link:
https://www.carters.com/carters-baby-neutral?navID=header

Are you making a registry? I just checked out Old Navy, because my husband and I are also planning on going pretty gender neutral (and we aren't finding out the sex) and there are a bunch of cute things on there in lots of different colors that will work well for boys or girls.

Gap and H&m have some nice gender neutral clothes. We bought a fair bit in the gap sale before we found out gender.

I've looked at Carter's... But it is a lot like most stores in that you really have to wade through a lot of pink & blue to find neutral things. And the things they do have are mostly green, yellow, taupe, or gray. I want color- primary and jewel tones. ;)

Thanks guys. I'll just have to hope I find a lot this summer!

I shop mainly online since the selections are wayyyyy bigger. My top favorite is Kohls.com and second favorite is Target.com. Both have free shipping if you hit a certain amount, and if you have a Target credit card - its always free shipping plus 5% off. If you have a Kohls credit card you can get 30% off about once a month. I just save up my list of stuff in my cart at Kohls.com and then when the 30% comes out I buy then (with free shipping).

And at both places, if you don't like the item, you can just return it in-store without any problems. :)

Other than that...its hit and miss at places like TJ Maxx, Marshalls, Ross, etc.

Isn't it gender neutral to just go for every colour / item? I mean just take whatever you think is nice, regardless of what it looks like or who it is 'meant' to be for?

Edit: not being deliberatly silly, it's just a parenting style that is still very unknown around here so my info is limited.

Yes and no... It's about options and recognizing that our child is his/her own person with wants and likes that don't originate from genitals. If we have a girl, I'm 100% sure we'll end up with a dozen frilly dresses from all the excited grandparents (the pitfalls of an all boy family). And that's fine and we'll put her in one once in a while. But adults like all kinds of colors and most of us wear a wide palette of clothing. Why not babies?

Target and Kohl's- Yes, both have some. But I think the point of my OP got missed. Lol. I'm looking for stores that have either only neutral clothes or a majority of them so that I can show our families what we mean without them going straight to the yellow, green, and gray (and then buying a bunch of overly gendered stuff once baby arrives). They're all very traditional & conservative (which is fine), so telling them gender neutral means we get a deer in the headlights stare and utter confusion. ;) Trying to make it easier for everyone else- I know that *we* will spend the next few years taking way too much time shopping for neutral clothes.

Don't know but if someone start a shop like that, they could make a lot of money . You will not be the only parents who feel this way. Even my mom opt for gendered neutral as she had five kids, two boys, three girls. She would loved to save money and have us share clothes (believe me, our house was cluttered with gendered specific clothing..

I can. Lol. I don't have the time. I run 3 businesses and it looks like we may end up moving cross country within the next 2-3 months. Oh, and my hubby's gone for 3-5 days every week and we have a dog and 3 cats. I'll collapse if I take anything else on. I'll probably make a few things (like pants... Those are harder to find than shirts!), but not more than that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->