Gender-neutral names?

EternalLight

Reaction score
What do you think of these unisex names and what are your opinions on using boys names for girls and vice versa.
Cooper
Sawyer
Palmer
Brooklyn
Ashley
Jayden

We named our daughter August. We call her Auggie for short. I really love the name "Alex" for both a girl and boy or Andy.

Cooper - Honestly not a fan of the name in itself, sorry.
Sawyer - LOVE this for both!!
Palmer - I've never heard of this but would assume boy.
Brooklyn & Ashley - both feminine to me
Jayden - Love for both!

Other ideas:
Aspen, Aidan, Avery, Brett, Bailey, Braelyn, Dylan, Frankie, Harper, Hadley, Jace, Jade, Kyle, Logan, Morgan, Noah, Preston, Quinn, River, Raine, Rhett, Riley, Sawyer, Wren, Zaine

Cooper and Jayden don't fit for a girl in my head and Brooklyn sounds very feminine (though I know a male Brook so I think it's just the -lyn ending that does it for me). Sawyer and Ashley both strike me as very unisex. Palmer... I have no idea, never heard that used as a first name before.

I like Wren, Quinn, Avery, Elliott, and Charlie as unisex names.

I think too many names are considered "unisex" but actually just sound like boy names. Both me and my brother have unisex names, (but nowadays I feel like the names aren't what they used to be). To me the only girl names on that list are Ashley and Brooklyn.

I like the name Jonnie for a girl. I like the name Quinn but it sounds girly to me and I wouldn't name a boy Quinn. My thoughts are that boy names should grow with them; in other words, you could imagine a grown man with that name, not soft or flowy. I feel like girls can have a wider range of names as it doesn't matter as much; a lot of names that are "boyish" and soft and flowy, for example. Just my thoughts.

I love Sawyer for both genders. I would be using this name for my baby if my friend who isn't even pregnant hadn't already told me it will be her future baby's name (silly I know!). Brooklyn is my daughters name so for me it seems very feminine. I know boys and m a girl named Jayden but my son's name is Kayden and i see it as more of a boys name! We seem to have similar taste in names though :)

I exclusively use neutral first names for my kids, and I love your list! My favorite names are Reese and Spencer. I won't be using them on kids, but I really wish I could! So I used them on my dogs. ;-)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->