Gender preference because of opposing views

hello_kitty

Reaction score
Hi guys! Please tell me if I am insane for having this thought. Before we got married, I didnt really have a gender preference down the road. Then my mom decided to go have a baby and it turned out to be a girl. I told my husband I dont want to have a girl now because I dont want to match with her. My husband thinks that's silly, and said although he would love them all the same whether its a boy or girl, he is kinda leaning towards a boy because he wants the younger siblings to have an older brother figure. When I got pregnant, family members have been asking us what was our preference, and we both said boy. Everyone was shocked, and tried to persuade us otherwise saying that having a girl is better, more cute clothes, more usable (can help with chores and stuff). My mom great aunt (who I also call mom) straight up told me "I want you to have a girl". My biological mom wants me to have a girl so my sister can have a play date. So basically, now I want a boy even more because I really wanna go against them. I want to prove them wrong. Based on my symptoms, horrible morning sickness, sweet cravings etc. I think I am having a girl and I feel sad already. Am I insane? Be honest please. Thanks

Of course your not! I know what you mean thou, my auntie has a daughter who just turned 3 and she's always prefered little girls over boys even though she has 2 girls and 2 boys! She tells me the bad things about having a boy like in her mind the clothes are 'ugly' and its harder to clean them down below or whatever she thinks.. when i got pregnant i wanted a girl but later found out im pregnant with a little boy and do you know what whatever she said to me didn't even matter anymore. Boy or girl you'll love your baby no matter what :)

"More useable", that's a horrrrrrible reason LOL. But yeah, funny to me at the same time.

We all have our reasons though, so no, I don't think you're insane! Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->