Gender Selection.

DO you think she wanted a girl or a little princess to dress up and take shopping and play with make-up?

Cos Ive got a girl. Which plays in the mud, looks for sticks is very rough and tumble and physical. She has never as yet taken any interest in having her hair done, play with dolls or anything that a boy wouldnt do. She is faaaar from a girly girl and if I didnt know better Id wonder if I didnt have a boy sometimes. Not that it bothers me at all.

But I wonder if she would be just a dissapointed if her girls turned out to be boyish in her ways if you know what I mean.

This world is so me me me me me, i i i i i, want i i i i i want and i want it now now now. I couldn't give a shit what sex my child is. I do not think people should be able to 'choose' what sex they 'want'. They are human beings. Not little dollies. How awful. I just want a child that is healthy! That is ALL that matters! I don't care if i have 5 boys, i don't care if i have no girls, i do not honestly give a damn, i just want a healthy baby that goes full term and doesn't die!!!!

What is wrong with this world.

Totally agree...not to mention imagine how dodgy the world would get if we started choosing which sex we want? It's not a religious thing that "oh God wanted it to be a boy so you killed what should have been" it's more, nature needs the world to have 50/50 (or 51/50 i've heard it is) so if we start messing with that imagine what might happen :shock:

DO you think she wanted a girl or a little princess to dress up and take shopping and play with make-up?

Cos Ive got a girl. Which plays in the mud, looks for sticks is very rough and tumble and physical. She has never as yet taken any interest in having her hair done, play with dolls or anything that a boy wouldnt do. She is faaaar from a girly girl and if I didnt know better Id wonder if I didnt have a boy sometimes. Not that it bothers me at all.

But I wonder if she would be just a dissapointed if her girls turned out to be boyish in her ways if you know what I mean.

Yeah she even admitted she's a total "girly girl" and wanted a daughter to relate to :dohh:

Yeah she even admitted she's a total "girly girl" and wanted a daughter to relate to :dohh:

Wel they are going to have to get a hell of a lot better at genetic manipulation and phsycology before shes gaurenteeing that. You can not choose who you lids naturally are anymore than you should be able to choose thier gender.

This woman doesnt know her blessings by the sounds of it

This world is so me me me me me, i i i i i, want i i i i i want and i want it now now now. I couldn't give a shit what sex my child is. I do not think people should be able to 'choose' what sex they 'want'. They are human beings. Not little dollies. How awful. I just want a child that is healthy! That is ALL that matters! I don't care if i have 5 boys, i don't care if i have no girls, i do not honestly give a damn, i just want a healthy baby that goes full term and doesn't die!!!!

What is wrong with this world.

Totally agree...not to mention imagine how dodgy the world would get if we started choosing which sex we want? It's not a religious thing that "oh God wanted it to be a boy so you killed what should have been" it's more, nature needs the world to have 50/50 (or 51/50 i've heard it is) so if we start messing with that imagine what might happen :shock:

So true - they were saying that on the programme. Where does it stop? People demanding their kids have blond hair and blue eyes. And we all know what happened last time someone tried that!!!

She said "I want a girl so I can have someone to be close to!!" How awful to her sons for her to say that on bloody TV. She needs a good wake up call. And I agree with messing with the worlds natural balance, hey what if it becomes the stylish thing to do to have a certain gender and everyone started having them just cos they could. Just no, not a good idea IMO.

Also did anyone see the comment from her stepdaughter

im ella taylor and im 13 years old and im kelly's husbands daughter. i am extremely upset about this as there has be no mention of me in it at all. i may not be kellys by blood im still her stepdaughter and shes known me since i was 1, shes has plenty of time to bond with me. i feel dissapointed that my dad is paying this amount of money for something he already has and has never particually bothered with. he doesnt give me a great deal of money and always says he's 'broke'. as no one has mentioned me in this i now know that he doesnt care and i have been upset a great deal. p.s im writing this on my mums account

That poor girl! They are obviously incredibly selfish people

to be fair who knows if that really is the stepdaughter maybe teh husband and ex dont get on so she has wrote that herself to get back at him..

As it stands i do think it should be allowed for medical reasons, however if people are going to go aboard to get it where it may be unsafe to be done when A single place could open in england where people are going to be safe but put a high price on it, because we all no how op's aboard can be killers at times so we should atlest make sure people are safe.

to be fair who knows if that really is the stepdaughter maybe teh husband and ex dont get on so she has wrote that herself to get back at him..

As it stands i do think it should be allowed for medical reasons, however if people are going to go aboard to get it where it may be unsafe to be done when A single place could open in england where people are going to be safe but put a high price on it, because we all no how op's aboard can be killers at times so we should atlest make sure people are safe.

Its unfair to make anything acessable only to the rich though. I just can not see what good can come from desiging or buying your child. Also buying a child in terms of surrogacy is also illegal in the UK

Its unfair to make anything acessable only to the rich though. I just can not see what good can come from desiging or buying your child. Also buying a child in terms of surrogacy is also illegal in the UK

why is it unfair? there are lots of things that only rich people can have? id like a lamborghini but its tough i cant afford one lol

also the people that think its not right to mess with the worlds natural balance do you agree with IVF? surely that is messing with the worlds natural balance too?

why is it unfair? there are lots of things that only rich people can have? id like a lamborghini but its tough i cant afford one lol

I would like a boob job but cannot afford one? does that mean other people should not be able to have one? Also if you want it THAT bad you will take out a loan/save money ect most people can get loans, and you can get surgery on payment plans so really everyone could do it but a heavy price might put people off. Id rather people have to pay 7k in england that go aboard for 3k and die from dodgy surgery.

I HATE IT (Unless medical reasons) It makes me so mad, it should just be left naturally ffs, We all know that if we get pregnant it may be a boy or a girl, if you dont like it, dont get pregnant LOL.

Personally i would NEVER do it as i have no medical need and i don't mind if it is a boy or a girl. Its a 50% chance and you know that.

It sadens me that people are selfish and its like the spoilt brat syndrome "I WANT A GIRL/BOY"
The creation of a baby is magical and some people can't have a child and would do anything to have one.

On the flip of a coin, there was people very against IVF saying it wasn't natural but and it will cause problems ect... I personally think it is great and gives couples who once would not have a child now complete their familes.

For medical reasons i will say yeh i think its good, but for gender selection, you know the risk that there is a 50/50% chance of either and they should just be greatful with what gender they have been blessed with.

Whats next, eye colour, hair colour, skin tone, intelligent, good singers lol... seriously

I don't agree with gender selection and I think if people want a certain gender so bad they need counselling, not the option to choose. What on earth happens if they get the gender they want and that child doesn't turn out to be the sterotype they wanted? If their daughter turns out to be a tree climbing, blue trouser wearing lesbian who will never get married and doesn't want children of her own? Of if their boy turns out to be transexual and wants to be a girl anyway?

People don't want a certain gender, they want what they envisage that gender to be.

I would also go one further and say I don't even want what people would class as a 'healthy' child, I just want one that survives and is able to be happy. I think we are on very dodgy ground where we start to choose what baby we have, whether that be gender or whether it is the choice to have a child with a 'disability', such as Downs Syndrome.

I have three boys and also had twin girls that died. I am now pregnant again adn this baby is a girl. Since we found out I have almost wished she was a boy in a way, because other people seem to think the fact I am having a girl is better than having a boy and keep making stupid comments like 'finally, a girl' (Well, I've had two girls already!) or 'ooh, a girl's much nicer'. Really? Why?!

Gender disapointment can be very serious, its not somthing you have any control over and is part of the same chemical imballance as depresion and pnd.
Its not something you want to feel and the guilt makes it worse, luckely I nly had it for a few days but even during it I loved my little boy fro the moment I found out he was a boy even if I did feel a little let down it wasnt the girl I wanted.

However unless medical reason then gender selection is wrong and if it comes to the point where your concidering it just because of gender dissapointent then that is a case to see a pshycatrist not a fertility dr for help

I will probably get jumped on but tbh i'm used to it now, its only words afterall.

I am totally for gender selection, if a couple are paying for it privately who is it hurting?

I did suffer with gender disappointment for afew years, i had a baby boy when i was 18. Because of an incompetant hospital missed a Group B Strep infection he ended up blind, deaf, totally brain damaged and had a severe and life threatening epilepsy which eventually killed him at 4 months old. I spent four months looking after my baby and held him while he died. I felt robbed of my son, robbed of the chance to be a mummy that i wanted to be to him. :(

I then met my current partner and we went on to have seven little girl's, i absolutely ADORE my girl's and will not hear otherwise from ANYONE! I love my girl's they are my life, the reason i have carried on for so long when i felt like throwing in the towel when the grief got too much.

However, i did a want a boy, another chance to be a mummy to a boy that wouldn't be snatched away from me. There is nothing wrong with that, i am not a freak or ungrateful. I can still love my girl's, just because i would like another boy it didn't mean i loved my girl's any less.:nope:

Wanting a healthy baby goes without saying, especially as i had been through such a traumatic time with my first baby, but to want an opposite sex child to the ones you have is normal, just not many people will admit to it. I can see why, its because they get called all sorts.:nope:

Anyway, i did have a baby boy in the end, naturally! He was born in december and you know what? My seven girl's make excellent big sisters and enjoy nothing more than fussing over their baby brother, helping me choose clothes, we all had fun choosing names etc.. They tell me how much they love having a baby brother and the first thing the older girls do when they get home from school is rush over to their brother, they seem to forget i'm here. lol

I haven't read the whole thread, sorry.

I think it the UK it should only be permitted for medical reasons, ie when there is a known genetic disorder that can be avoided if the gender is chosen. I know it is legal in some US states already so if people travel there to have it then so be it but I don't think it should be available for non-medical purposes over here.

Be thankful for what u are given, as thats what u were MEANT to have. They are not puppies you can pick out which gender, what colour fur.

Ridiculous. Id love a boy too and so would my DH, but if we end up with all girls then we would feel very blessed

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->