I really want to be team yellow. I will be so anxious to know, but I really want the nursery to be neutral and I'm not a girly girl so on the 50% chance it's a girl I don't want to get a bunch of pink stuff. :nope: I haven't asked DH yet to see what he wants. I have a feeling he will be pretty neutral. I also will not be telling anyone of name prospects, well I'd probably share on here since it wouldn't bother me if someone here used the same name, but friends and family will find out the day of. I've heard too many horror stories of names getting taken.

I also don't want a barrage of pink stuff. Maybe that's a good reason for not telling people until the baby is born!

I found out with my three kids. I had actually planned to stay team yellow with my third, but when the ultrasound tech asked if I wanted to know, I couldn't say no. :blush: I would like a surprise, but that's not going to happen. I'm one of those people who needs to know and be prepared. I'll tell people when I find out the gender, but I don't think I'm going to tell anyone the names we pick. I've had bad experiences with that in the past.

Yeah I am not a girlie girl so when i found out i was having a girl i told people not everything gotta be pink....

I am defo 100% (at this moment in time) i am staying team yellow! but i just know ill cave!! ha!

I never told anyone my daughters name, i worry people will take them!
x

We'll find out the gender for baby #2. I would be too anxious not to find out. Will probably share with everyone what the gender is. With baby #1 we kept his name to ourselves until he was born.

Well the first two pregnancies we found out the sex, but after loosing them we wanted to make it as different as possible, so for the next two we stayed yellow til the end. Truth be told though, i'd seen that many ultrasounds, and watched the DVDs of their scans sooooo many times over and over that i totally knew the sex. I lied like heck and told people i had no idea, but i did. I was right both times from seeing their bits on the scans. lol! I'd probably stay yellow next time too and not tell anyone the sex when i (inevitably) see it on the scan screen. :)

We were team yellow last time since I wanted to be and I loved it! Hubby wants to find out next time around but I don't!!
Not sure what to do now. I mean it would help knowing if I should take out all thorrins old clothes or buy new ones if a girl but other than that...not much point I don't think...?

We were team yellow last time since I wanted to be and I loved it! Hubby wants to find out next time around but I don't!!
Not sure what to do now. I mean it would help knowing if I should take out all thorrins old clothes or buy new ones if a girl but other than that...not much point I don't think...?

I imagine we'd find out what we're having 2nd time around just so we'd know if we could keep clothes or need new. I think I'm too much of a penny pincher and planner to not know on the 2nd one. :haha:

If you can stay team yellow it is he most amazing experience in the world when you find out the baby's gender at the actual birth. That feeling is indescribable. I dont know what it feels like to know the baby's gender before the birth and Im sure it is also great for other reasons (perhaps develops earlier bonding because you can imagine life ahead with them) but seeing your baby for the first time and then finding out if you have a daughter or a son is one of those experiences you just want to experience in your lifetime if you can. I had an extremely traumatic birth but that moment when my son was born and I saw him for the first time was more beautiful than I ever could have dreamed! It didnt matter that my birth plan had completely "failed" it was a completely perfect moment.
i am so tempted to fond out the gender of our second baby but I am concerned that if I do the next baby's birth wont be as amazing... so I will probably stay team yellow- even though the wait will kill me again!

I asked DH this weekend 1) Did he want to go public that we were pregnant as soon as we find out or wait a little while? & 2) Did he want to find out what we were having? I thought for sure he would be pretty neutral but said he figured we tell everyone as soon as we knew (I think we'll have to come to a compromise for a longer time frame than immediately. lol), and that he figured we'd find out what we were having.

I don't mean this in a bad way, but I don't think he's really thought about it all (especially compared to how much I've thought about it. lol). So we'll see. I'm happy to find some kind of middle ground. If we find out what we are having and it ends up being a girl I'll just have to make sure everyone knows that pink should be used sparingly.

With DD we found out and told immediate family. We felt knowing the gender would help us bond after our previous loss. It helped a bit. Next time, as they'll be our last, we want to have a surprise so we've experienced both ways. My sister has had 3 babies and 3 surprises and she loved that moment when they're born and their gender is revealed - I really want that next time :)

we found out with DD and told everyone that day. We tried to stay team yellow, but I ended up caving in the night before the 20 week scan and we decided to find out. We kept it a secret for about 2 weeks until we had a family get together, and then told everyone, which just about killed me, I'm horrible with secrets. If we have another, we would probably find out, and then tell everyone straight away again, unless we find another clever way to let everyone know the gender. Knowing myself there is no way I could go through with being team yellow, I have no patience, and not knowing when I could easily find out would drive me insane.

We have discussed this already and definitely want to find out!! It probably helps that I don't like the colour yellow.... haha! I'm too impatient to wait.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->