Gentle discipline

Tacey

Reaction score
Do any of you do this/plan to do it? Obviously, Alice is too young at the moment, but I thought it would be a good idea to find out more before we need to start the discipline bit of parenting. I have a bit of a temper and I never want to shout at Alice (I know that might be unrealistic, but I'm aiming high!) so I'm going to need some tools to help me out. I was watching that Jo Frost Extreme Parenting thing the other day, and although I don't agree with some of her techniques, I wasn't sure what I'd do instead. Does anyone have any advice or know of a good book on the subject?

I have Dr Sears Good Behaviour Book which is quite good. I think you need to go with what feels right for you. I don't make Kaya say sorry, for example, but I do encourage it and if she won't I tell her that it's not nice. I expect her to behave, but I do so with the knowledge that she's only two and therefore some expectations are unrealistic. I have worked at giving her good manners, which I think helps her to behave well. My sister uses charts and naughty steps with her 3 year old and it mostly works for them. It's what you're happy with really

no, im a firm believer in the good old belt

lmao

no seriously i think it could be a good idea if done right
but then i dont know much about it lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe