Georgia/Georgie

BethHx

expecting #2
Reaction score
Opinions please?
Would likely be Georgia on bc but Georgie as nick name x

Do you think people would call her George?

I really like Georgia, but I do think people are likely to shorten it to George, I've known a couple of Georgina's who people have shortened to George. You can always correct people when she's little, but I reckon friends at school would shorten it, I don't think George is a bad nickname, and most names end up shortened or with a nickname.

I love both Georgie and George as nicknames for Georgia. It's a gorgeous name, and on our list should we have another girl. :flower:

I like it :). I think people do tend to shorten it to George but if you don't want them to then you can just correct them, as can LO when she's older if she doesn't want them to.

Every Georgia I know is also known as George.

I don't know any Georgia's - but I would never shorten a girl's name to George! If I met someone and they introduced themselves as Georgia or Georgie then that is what I would call them.

I know guys named Frankie & Billy - and I don't even shorten their names to Frank/Bill. It feels weird to me to not call ppl by the name they "go by."

We are planning to call our little lady Georgia I hadn't even considered that people might shorten it George we were thinking Georgie as a nn x

I know a Georgina who gets called George, but I think that's her choice. If your little girl was always called Georgie by her family, then that's already a nn and her friends would probably go by that naturally x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->