Gestational Complications Forum

unfortunately I have been diagnosed with early gestational diabetes, blood pressure was high but under control without any meds ... :), however as for my Sugar I have been put on Metformin 500 3x a day for the first 4 days and now with very low dosage of insulin ...

i am doing all that i need to do to help the sugar etc, food intake all of it ... i am just worried ... this is a very precious baby as are all pregnancies ...

i am lost and dont know what to do ....

Hey everyone,

Im new to all this forum stuff, but have been reading through and found peoples stories really inspirational !
Im 27 and pregnant with my 2nd child (12weeks +5) , I went for my scan last week and the N.T was measured at 3.4mm which is still in the normal range (just) , the nurse sent me for bloods to be on the safe side but reassured me there was a strong visable nasal bone. I left the hospital and have been worrying all week. Well my fears came true today when I had a phone call saying I was at high risk of DS with a 1 in 65 chance ..... Ive been booked in for a CVS scan tomorrow and just wondered if anyone else has had similar problems and what the outcome was either way....

Im still trying to be positive but is very hard :-( xxx

yesterday i did my 20th week of ultrasound in my 1st pregnancy my doctor was saying that my baby has lemon shape head with BPD 41mm and HC 160mm though everything is normal except her head size and shape.. she told me to do another 4D ultrasound for any mistake. Is this abnormal? or is a sign of any abnormality? I am very scared because its my first pregnancy after 5 years.. i did my laproscopy in left ovary because i had PCOS.. after that i could be able to conceive.. i need help to understand this problem.

and today i went for anomaly scan everything good except head position so she couldn't see her brain ... because head position was not good its between placenta and ribs so can there be any anomaly? radiologist asked me to come again tomorrow to see the head position

Hi, Just want to ask, my wife had an ultrasound last week june 10 2017 and unfortunately the doctor wasn't able to see a sac or a baby.

My wife's LMP is around april 22-24 in 28days cycle. We started taking urine pregnancy test late may until june 6 and it was all negative we got confused because she had all the symptoms breast tenderness , nausea and cramping. when we took the next day june 7 , we got a positive result.

Now, on june 10 ultrasound, the doctor took blood test and asked us to comeback on june 12 for 2nd blood test, we got our first blood test result and it was around 450HCG. based on the lmp my wife should be 7 weeks but looking at this hcg level she should be on the 4-5weeks. what is the more accurate basis? the lmp or hcg level of determining the pregnancy weeks? they said that around 5 weeks you can also locate the gest sac if the hcg becomes 1000-2000. now on my hcg level we are more on 4-5 weeks . Is this something to worry about?

Lmp isn't at all reliable because people's cycles vary. Neither is hcg really only if it is going doubling every 48 hours does it really give you any indication, a single one isn't any good.

You need to be at least one week, preferably two after your first positive for an ultrasound to be reliable too. Good luck and let us know.

Hi mommies,
First Ultrasound was June 10 as well as the first blood test which is 447 her second bloodtest is June 12 which went up to 950HCG.

Thanks for the Advise! yes I'll keep you updated.

That's a great increase! Everything crossed for you.

My conception date doesn't match what my perceived due date would be according to my LMP. I believe I'm starting week 6 they say I'm in week 7. Last week I had right ovary area pain. I was having spotting, very light, then none. They checked my hcg level twice in 36 hours. I had 2 ultrasounds. My levels went from 7,300 to 7,000 but my ultrasound shows that I had progress. I had just a sac, then a fetal pole but no heartbeat. (which they said I should have at 7 weeks) Then early this morning super light spotting again that stopped.They prepared me for a miscarriage during my last visit but did one more hcg at my request. From Saturday to Tuesday, I went from 7,000 to 13,000. I've been a crying wreck until this morning when I heard that. But I'm not sure what any of this means. Is there any wisdom anyone can offer? I'm nervous to get my hopes up even though they say they are now hopeful. I'm on a roller coaster!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->