gestational sac and yolk sac 6w1d, no baby

SouthernFairy

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I'm going out of my mind with worry, wondered if you could help me put my mind at rest.

So basically, I found out I was pregnant on the 7th of September with a faint line on the pregnancy test. I had intercourse roughly the 29th August and my lmp was 6 august. My periods are irregular however.
So going off my lmp I'm 6 weeks and 2 days.
Had pains on my left hand side on Tuesday and they sent me for an ultrasound yesterday. When I had the ultrasound she saidi had a gestational sac and a yolk sac. But the baby wasn't there. So does that mean I am not pregnant? how would I know if it's a blighted ovum.? Or are my dates wrong? Am I technically only three weeks? And does that match up with the scan then?
I'm being scanned again in 2 weeks but going insane thinking I'm not actually pregnant. Any advice would be brill :shrug:

Xxx
Dani

If we assume you has a long cycle and actually ovulated around 29th august you would be 5 weeks today and seeing a sac and yolk sac is good news. Try to relax, even though I know how hard that is.

I hope I can give some reassurance. I have long cycles usually 35 days. I recently went for a scan as i fell down the stairs just for reassurance and going by my lmp I should of been 7 wks 3 days during my scan they said I was measuring 6 weeks. Iman not concerned at all as I ovulate on cd 21 which will automatically put me 1 week behind. Remember that the first 2 weeks of pregnancy your not actually pregnant

Thank you both for your replies, I've asked for advice over this from my midwife and they're not very helpful. I'm going to assume I'm only 5 weeks and just try and be positive, it's very hard though, cos my midwife said I have the possibility of it not developing. So now I'm thinking of that! Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->