Gestational sac measuring 2 weeks behind baby

ltbustle

Reaction score
I was 11 weeks exactly when I went for my scan last week. Baby measured 11+4, sac measured 9+3. The tech didn't say a word about it, so I didn't even notice it til I got home and was looking at the pics. I googled it (ugh, stupid google) and of course have now worked myself into a minor tizzy. On one hand, I feel like everything's fine, and that I'm far enough along to where it's not a huge threat, and if the tech didn't say anything, it's probably no big deal. On the other hand, the tech was complaining that she had had car trouble, was 30 minutes late for work, and had been waaaaay overbooked that day, so she could've just been in a hurry. I will ask the doc when I go back in a few days, just wondering if any of you had a smaller sac and everything evened up later on? Any experiences with this? Thanks in advance!

I am in the same situation as you.. at 7w5d, sac was 6w2d and at 9w, sac was 7w4d, so atleast I know sac had grown since last scan! But Same here, I googled, and didnt find any pictures like mine! I wish you luck! Hope somebody can tell us about their success stories!! :hugs:

Do you mind, showing me your picture?

Here are mine, as you can see, first one is 7w5d and the other 2 are 9w.

Attachments

• scan.JPG
    scan.JPG
    47.7 KB · Views: 79
  • scan9.JPG
    scan9.JPG
    43.8 KB · Views: 64
  • scan9-2.JPG
    scan9-2.JPG
    38 KB · Views: 64
I am in the same situation as you.. at 7w5d, sac was 6w2d and at 9w, sac was 7w4d, so atleast I know sac had grown since last scan! But Same here, I googled, and didnt find any pictures like mine! I wish you luck! Hope somebody can tell us about their success stories!! :hugs:

Thanks, Roxane :) Has your doctor said anything about it?

here is my pic. I was off by a day for both the sac and baby in my original post, but the difference is the same.

Attachments

• baby!.jpg
    baby!.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 76
After the first scan he said he wanted me back to make sure gestational sac was still growing so we went after 1w2d and the sac had grown exactly 1w2d since last scan so that's a good sign. I was following a fertility clinic and he now transfered be to my OBGYN so that means everything is good.

Do you mind, showing me your picture?

Here are mine, as you can see, first one is 7w5d and the other 2 are 9w.

I have two other pics, too, but not on this computer. They are head-on shots, and you can really see that it looks a little cramped in there.

here is my pic. I was off by a day for both the sac and baby in my original post, but the difference is the same.

Wow!! That;s a nice scan, your gestational sac does not look too small!! If this is still a concern ask your dr and he might do another u/s just to re-assure you, but it's looking really good!!

After the first scan he said he wanted me back to make sure gestational sac was still growing so we went after 1w2d and the sac had grown exactly 1w2d since last scan so that's a good sign. I was following a fertility clinic and he now transfered be to my OBGYN so that means everything is good.

well that's good news! congrats :happydance:

Also, after hearing the hb and especially at 11-12 weeks, chances of miscarriage are very slim! Don't worry!! You'll be fine!! :)

I am in the same situation!!!! my pic from today looks like yours!

I am currently pregnant with twins, at 9w4d conceiving from an IUI round. At 5w2d I had my first u/s and there were two sacs. One was measuring 5w5d with yolk sac looking great. second sac was measuring 5w1d, about 1/3 the size of the other. RE said it would probably not "pan out." Went back for another u/s at 7w2d, and there are two sacs, two babies measuring exactly the same size, at 7weeks exactly, and one HB at 145, one at 130, very normal. However, the one sac was still only about 1/3 the size of the other.
went in today at 9w4d, and both babies still growing great! one HB 167, one 175bpm. one measuring 9w4d, the other 9w1d. BUT the one's gest sac still looks small.....But the RE said he thinks it may wind up being a non issue. I am released to my OB, and have my next follow up on the 18th. I'll be 11w3d then.

anyone with similar experience with a small sac, and how did it turnout?

I think we are going to be the success stories and we'll be able to answer others when it will happen again!! :)
Can we see your pictures please :)

No advice, just wanted to wish you ladies luck! :flower:

I just got my scan today and its TWINS! But baby B's sac is measuring two weeks behind as well. I have a history of m/c so I am already scared enough but fingers crossed everything works out, I have another scan in two weeks. Baby A was measuing 6 W 2 D with a heartbeat of 120 and sac measuring on target and baby B was measuring 6 W 1 D and had a heartheat of 117 and the sac was measuring 4 W 3 D. (You can also see my hemotoma on the ultrasound that looks like another sac but its just blood but I was told not to worry about it)

Attachments

• twins 6 weeks.jpg
    twins 6 weeks.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 107
these are my pics from 9w4d. the baby looks almost smushed in there, doesnt it? the other has plenty of space....
ttc1, IMO your one sac does look smaller, but does not look too small for the baby....the baby is not smushed in there like mine looks. but we could still see it moving around, and the RE said there is still plenty of space for it at this point. ugh, the 18th is so far away!!! that is my next appt

any thoughts?

Attachments

• usound1.jpg
    usound1.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 43
  • usound2.jpg
    usound2.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 43
  • usound3.jpg
    usound3.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 39
I really think they will be ok!!

We could see ours moving as well, it was soo cute!! :)

Chance of miscarriage at this point is pretty low! I'm getting my doppler tonight, hope ill be able to find the hb :)

My story is very much like Roxannes, and everything was fine in the end

Wow, very odd indeed that this is the case with all of us. Mine started out as twins but at 8 weeks one of them didn't have a heartbeat. And now the small sac size with "Baby A", as they have referred to my surviving twin. I wonder if the small sac size could possibly have something to do with twin pregnancies? Very interesting!

I really think they will be ok!!

We could see ours moving as well, it was soo cute!! :)

Chance of miscarriage at this point is pretty low! I'm getting my doppler tonight, hope ill be able to find the hb :)

I got a doppler this week and it was beyond reassuring! We found the heartbeat and listened to that puppy for a good 5 mins :D

Its mad, when i posted 3 years ago no-one had heard of it :dohh: could have done with you lot back then :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->