Gestational Sack Measured 5W5D but empty

Baby.Love12

Reaction score
Someone please put my mind at ease. I am 5W5D pregnant and had a vaginal ultrasound today. The Dr said that she couldnt see anything in the sac but that it is to early. She is repeating it next week. Is this normal because something is telling me it is not.....I had heartbeats at 6W with my 2 previous pregnancies. Thank you

I had exactly the same thing with my current pregnancy, went back 2 weeks later and I have a healthy lil spec growing in my tummy. Try not to worry, I know it's hard but will do neither or you any good. Good luck Hun xxx

I only had a yolk sac at 5+3 so I can relate... I think everything is fine for both of us :) its very very early, think about how tiny the baby is. At 5 weeks it is only .08 inch. The size of a sesame seed. Just try to stay positive until your next scan. My scan was 5+3 and I'm having to wait till 7+4 for my next scan this wait its killer!

Yeah I am just a little nervous because I have been pregnant twice before and just feel like there should be something there. Monday I will be 6W5D so there should def be something there.

I was looking at peoples ultrasound pictures on countdown my pregnancy.com for 5 weeks and it was about half and half that something was showing our not. And if something was showing it was just a teeny speck. By 6+ 5 you should see something

I had a previous ectopic to this pregnancy and so was being monitored very closely to rule it out this time around. I had numerous scan getting closer togather only showing an empty sac. I went to see family over Halloween out of town and my RE even called and insisted I go get an emergency scan as she didn't want me getting on a plane to come home if it was ectopic again. Two scans at 5 weeks 3 days and 5 weeks 5 days and still nothing! I was sure I had either another ectopic or a blighted ovum:cry:

I went in at 6 weeks 2 days after I got back in town and thought I was going to hyperventilate on the table and low and behold there was the nugget and what we were pretty sure was the heartbeat! I was absolute on my dates as I chart and so want to offer you some hope!

I had a previous ectopic to this pregnancy and so was being monitored very closely to rule it out this time around. I had numerous scan getting closer togather only showing an empty sac. I went to see family over Halloween out of town and my RE even called and insisted I go get an emergency scan as she didn't want me getting on a plane to come home if it was ectopic again. Two scans at 5 weeks 3 days and 5 weeks 5 days and still nothing! I was sure I had either another ectopic or a blighted ovum:cry:

I went in at 6 weeks 2 days after I got back in town and thought I was going to hyperventilate on the table and low and behold there was the nugget and what we were pretty sure was the heartbeat! I was absolute on my dates as I chart and so want to offer you some hope!

Thanks that gives me some hope but cant help but be a little worried.

I understand and I don't think that goes away until you see the heartbeat initially at this point in the pregnancy. It's very understandable but I hope these other ladies with similar stories help to keep you positive. I will be thinking of you and hoping for good news.

I understand and I don't think that goes away until you see the heartbeat initially at this point in the pregnancy. It's very understandable but I hope these other ladies with similar stories help to keep you positive. I will be thinking of you and hoping for good news.

Thank you so much. I honestly feel in my heart that its just to early. After doing a little research (I know googling is bad) this is the conclusion I have come to. Just have to make it to Monday and pray every day that I see a heartbeat.

I have been doing the worst thing that i can possibly do and that is summon Dr Google all day long. I read that there should be a yolk sac at 5 and a half weeks. I didnt even have that. Does anyone know if this isnt true? I am very worried and have been very upset today. One minute I think that everything is going to be ok and the next I am freaking out.

they should never do a sono so early, all it does is worry people...i personally think they do it for the money because u cant even tell if its ectopic at this point so there is no reason for such an early sono..

chin up hun...when the baby grows bigger u will see it..right now its smaller then a grain of rice and tucked way back (hug)

they should never do a sono so early, all it does is worry people...i personally think they do it for the money because u cant even tell if its ectopic at this point so there is no reason for such an early sono..

chin up hun...when the baby grows bigger u will see it..right now its smaller then a grain of rice and tucked way back (hug)

I agree. But it was done and now I am a basket case. I also had high blood pressure at 144/93 so I am trying to stay calm but Monday cant come fast enough.

I have been doing the worst thing that i can possibly do and that is summon Dr Google all day long. I read that there should be a yolk sac at 5 and a half weeks. I didnt even have that. Does anyone know if this isnt true? I am very worried and have been very upset today. One minute I think that everything is going to be ok and the next I am freaking out.

This is exactly what I read and was in tears after 2 scans between 5 1/2 weeks and 6 weeks with no yolk sac. I get why they did it they wanted to rule out an ectopic (I had a prior) and even if they don't see a yolk they can look for internal bleeding so it's proactive and smart in the case of ruling out an ectopic. I really do think unless there's a complication that warrants it tho that it causes way to much worry to have a scan that early normally. A lot of women do have a yolk sac at that point but I didn't and many other women don't as well. No worries hun and just give it a few more days. I won't say not to worry because I know you will but don't lose hope :hugs:

I agree. But it was done and now I am a basket case. I also had high blood pressure at 144/93 so I am trying to stay calm but Monday cant come fast enough.

144/93 is not that high more like you had something on ur mind so it elevated a bit......im sure once you calm down it will be normal. Again alot of women do not see anything until 8 weeks for so many reasons...it depends where the baby implanted itself is a major one, when the baby actually implanted is another one.sac is different age most times then the baby. How ur uterus lies, is it tucked very back? Then it really might take up to 8 weeks to see anything. Again the baby at this stage is well to small to see as well as its yolk...yes some and only some people see it by 6 weeks but that is actually the minority..which is why you see so many women crying in fear when they get these early scans...
Just because someone is bleeding which is normal i dont believe everyone should get these scans...even with ectopic you really cannot tell much of much till a bit on...

its more for money that they do these early scan...unless there is a real medical reason they really shouldnt be done..

xx

I agree about the early scans. They really aren't good for our mental health...nor is Dr. Google or WebMD. I once looked up some symptoms I was having on WebMD and it told me I had prostate cancer. News to me that I even had a prostate. At any rate, try to relax because it really is too early just yet for a lot of women. Good luck! :hugs:

I agree about the early scans. They really aren't good for our mental health...nor is Dr. Google or WebMD. I once looked up some symptoms I was having on WebMD and it told me I had prostate cancer. News to me that I even had a prostate. At any rate, try to relax because it really is too early just yet for a lot of women. Good luck! :hugs:

so where did u get a prostate from...picked it up at the mall or something? :haha:

144/93 is not that high more like you had something on ur mind so it elevated a bit......im sure once you calm down it will be normal. Again alot of women do not see anything until 8 weeks for so many reasons...it depends where the baby implanted itself is a major one, when the baby actually implanted is another one.sac is different age most times then the baby. How ur uterus lies, is it tucked very back? Then it really might take up to 8 weeks to see anything. Again the baby at this stage is well to small to see as well as its yolk...yes some and only some people see it by 6 weeks but that is actually the minority..which is why you see so many women crying in fear when they get these early scans...
Just because someone is bleeding which is normal i dont believe everyone should get these scans...even with ectopic you really cannot tell much of much till a bit on...

its more for money that they do these early scan...unless there is a real medical reason they really shouldnt be done..

xx

Hey justhoping most ectopics are discovered and treated before 8 weeks or they rupture. It is very rare for an ectopic to make it past 8 weeks and if they do they usually end in a ruptured tube. The other reason for early scanning with ectopics in specific is because the preferred course of treatment is methotrexate which is most effective before hcg reaches 3,000 so early scanning is a must in this situation to prevent surgery. The doctor usually look for a thickened uterine lining(apparent at 4 weeks) which is a good sign the egg implanted in the uterus, then a gestational sac (5-6 weeks usually), and finally a yolk sac to rule out an ectopic for certain.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->