Get your own personal BnB BF Champion and one-on-one BF support here!

Just seen midwife and Maddie has put on 90g in 4 days! She's really happy with her an also said that her latch with the shields is good and that because she will root so well without although she also couldn't get her to latch that she thinks it will all get better and we will be free of them in the next few weeks. Feel so relieved. Madeleine has been so much more awake today and actually demand feeding rather than me clock watching. Hopefully this is the start of things improving but I'm sure I'll have lots more questions for you all. I also haven't cried for over 24hrs which feels like a massive achievement!

Great job to mama and baby :happydance:

This is a great idea, will definitely be coming back when baby is here :) x

Hi Ladies,

I have posted the thread "Breastfeeding Buddies - support and advice." in the pregnancy buddies section of BnB.

This is the place to go if you would like pairing with one of the BF Champions. :thumbup:

Could I be added to the champions list? I pm'd someone my background a while ago, I can probably find it in my outbox. Who should I send it to!

Could I be added to the champions list? I pm'd someone my background a while ago, I can probably find it in my outbox. Who should I send it to!

If you send it to Nervous_1 she can add you to the list. :thumbup:

Welcome aboard champion! :hugs:

Hi Ladies,

I have posted the thread "Breastfeeding Buddies - support and advice." in the pregnancy buddies section of BnB.

This is the place to go if you would like pairing with one of the BF Champions. :thumbup:

Is the pairing scheme just for pregnant ladies who hope to BF? or for mums who are struggling with it?

I wondered the same but have gone ahead and posted to see if I can have a buddy.

Hi Ladies,

Is the pairing scheme just for pregnant ladies who hope to BF? or for mums who are struggling with it?

It's open to anyone hun - just the only place I'm able to post a buddy thread (with the exception of "local buddies") is in the pregnancy buddies section.

If you would like a personal buddy then feel free to mention it on the buddy thread or pm either myself or Nervous_1. :thumbup:

It might be a good idea to post about buddies in 3rd tri too because I bet a lot of ladies there would like our (champions) help :)

It might be a good idea to post about buddies in 3rd tri too because I bet a lot of ladies there would like our (champions) help :)

This was mentioned to Wobbles who said we are only allowed to post threads about "buddies" in the specified "buddy" sections of the forum. :hugs:

I hope this thread is still looked at by the champions I only read the opening post...

The health visitor has been and weighed my son he has only gained 2ozs in a week, she said she wasn't too concerned but I am? He has only just give over his birth weight by an ounce. He has been feeding constantly this week and I honestly thought he'd have gained more so now I'm back to worrying he is not getting enough from me. I don't always see a milky mouth when he feeds and it makes me wonder if there's even anything there. He's also spending more time awake in the day than asleep for the last 3 days.
I started taking fenugreek today because I feel desperate :( he still has plenty of wet and dirty nappies but why so little weight gain? He was 8lb4 at birth lost 8.8% and now weighs 8lb5 he is 3 weeks old.

Am I doing something wrong?

Sounds perfect! There's a growth spurt at 3w which would explain the constant feeding. Have a look here. https://kellymom.com/bf/normal/growth-spurts/ the name is a bit misleading, they don't grow so much as develop so they learn new skills etc and need all that food to feed their brain doing all that learning

With regards to weight gain, a happy baby with plenty of wet and dirty nappies is what you're looking for, a poo before weighing can be the difference between big gain and small gain. You're not seeing milk at the mouth because it's all being swallowed efficiently so that sounds perfect!

So basically it sounds like a growth spurt which do make you feel a bit desperate. I think the most powerful determinant as to whether it's a growth spurt is if my baby is pissing me off :rofl: clingy crying feeding loads. My way to deal with it is to just not fight it. Hes clingy so I have him in the sling 24/7.

Watch the fenugreek, your baby is regulating your milk suPply and telling your boobs how much to make. Over supply can cause issues in itself and it really does sound like your baby is doing fine. If there's Plenty of wet nappies then logically it has to be going in. If baby was weighed eg after a feed last time and before a feed this time then that would be the difference. If you were formula feeding you might give 3oz per feed or so. This would be 3oz weight!

I'd like to warn against taking fenugreek unless needed. I took it and started suffering from oversupply, still trying to beat it.

Hi, my baby was born at 8lb 6 and took almost 3 weeks to get back to her birthweight (19 days). She then jumped up to 8.12 in a week. But she only put in 2oz between days 6-13 too.... As long as baby's happy I wouldn't worry x

at this point you dont need to weigh your baby weekly. Monthly is good enough. Babies have slow weeks and big gain weeks. As long as your baby is gaining then that is a good thing!

I wouldn't worry about it, as far as I am aware a baby can only put on weight or long at one time. If they are getting longer then they won't be putting weight on. If the baby is a happy baby then I think you'll be doing ok.

I agree with the poster above regarding times of feed, poop etc and the weighing. Please try to remember how tiny the weight measurements are we are working in, and how easy they can be affected.

x

Just wanted to share our small success as everyone was so supportive, esp my buddy blondeshorty!
Weighed again today at 19 days - 6lbs 11oz so above birthweight (6lbs 7oz) for the first time and a gain of anothe 150g since Monday! Have given back the hospital pump and managing about 50% of the time on one side without shields so feel like we've started to make progress at last. My husband is going back to work on monday - straight into a 7 day stretch - and I'm pleased I won't be having to sterilise and top up. Always said that things had to be on the up by now to continue and thy definitely are.

Just wanted to share our small success as everyone was so supportive, esp my buddy blondeshorty!
Weighed again today at 19 days - 6lbs 11oz so above birthweight (6lbs 7oz) for the first time and a gain of anothe 150g since Monday! Have given back the hospital pump and managing about 50% of the time on one side without shields so feel like we've started to make progress at last. My husband is going back to work on monday - straight into a 7 day stretch - and I'm pleased I won't be having to sterilise and top up. Always said that things had to be on the up by now to continue and thy definitely are.

Sounds like things are working well! :happydance:

I'm so glad you're benefiting from the buddy system! :thumbup::hugs:

You're doing amazingly! We offer advice and support - you're doing all the hard work yourself and deserve a big pat on the back! Well done!! :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->