Get your own personal BnB BF Champion and one-on-one BF support here!

I nevrt got the hang of cradle hold, even now I struggle. I feed upright, with her legs straddling my leg. I find it much easier, and it's really discreet and easy to do in public. It seems to help with her wind too,she burps in her own now :) normally mid suck haha xx

I do this too!! DS doesn't like the cradle hold at all, and I don't like doing the football hold all the time. .. This has actually become one of my fave positions. The nice thing about it is it works awesome if you have larger breasts and you don't have to worry as much about supporting legs and feet like you do with the football hold! It's awesome for nursing in public. :winkwink:

I nevrt got the hang of cradle hold, even now I struggle. I feed upright, with her legs straddling my leg. I find it much easier, and it's really discreet and easy to do in public. It seems to help with her wind too,she burps in her own now :) normally mid suck haha xx

I do this too!! DS doesn't like the cradle hold at all, and I don't like doing the football hold all the time. .. This has actually become one of my fave positions. The nice thing about it is it works awesome if you have larger breasts and you don't have to worry as much about supporting legs and feet like you do with the football hold! It's awesome for nursing in public. :winkwink:

Ah - the good old saddle hold! :thumbup: Great for feeding toddlers too - or LO's with blocked noses :winkwink:

Thats called the "cross cradle", i did that alot in the beginning. That and the football hold. Depending on the size of your baby for the football hold you fort of push their bum against the back of the chair with their feet pointing toward the sky :) I ended up prefering the cross cradle hold... and then eventually once we got the latch right we swtiched to regular cradle.

When DD was a newborn we did the cradle hold.
Now as a toddler , I don't think the way of feeding has a name anymore, she's all over the place LOL

Another blocked ducts question!
So I reckon I'm over the worst of the mastitis and the area that was blocked seems ok now. However I've woken up his morning and seem to have a new blocked area on the same side. It's on the outside of my breast and kind of underneath and rather than a line it feels like a little golfball. Not sure if you can understand what I mean!
I normally feel in the laid back/bn position as thats how I get the bet latch. Also tried cross cradle and it's a bit better but not sorted. I never had this before and can't understand why this this happening. The only thing I could think of it that maybe it's where my bra sits when I feed but then surely that would have happened before too?
Any thoughts of suggestions? I'm getting quite down about feeding to be honest. It just feels like one problem after another and I wonder if carrying on is the right thing?

I get blocked ducts whenever I sleep too long on one boob, or when my bra is too tight, and when I wear a bra with underwire!

Try taking a hot shower and rubbing from the hard area outward toward the nipple. It'll hurt, then you know you're in the right spot, doing this for a bit will eventually force the milk out of the blocked duct and it'll unblock! (sometimes takes me 2 minutes, sometimes 10).

Hi i think this maybe a silly question? I plan to bf my first baby and heres the stupid bit I would love to retrn to swimming at some point for exercise and i know that latic acid can make breast milk taste a little bitter so plan to express before exercise i'm worried that my breasts will leak in the pool? Does this happen or am i imagaing it to worst then it is? Many thanx ladies, sorry for the silly question. x

Some womens breasts dont leak.

I wouldnt see it as a big deal, its not like youre leaking gallons!! Nobody will notice.
Tons of women swim while breastfeeding :)

Hi i think this maybe a silly question? I plan to bf my first baby and heres the stupid bit I would love to retrn to swimming at some point for exercise and i know that latic acid can make breast milk taste a little bitter so plan to express before exercise i'm worried that my breasts will leak in the pool? Does this happen or am i imagaing it to worst then it is? Many thanx ladies, sorry for the silly question. x

I swam all the time, only problem i had was forgetting to take breast pads out before getting in the pool :blush: (as i'd worn my costume to the pool and leaked a fair bit at the beginning). But once in the pool no-one will notice a tiny bit of milk if you were to leak a bit!

Never heard about the lactic acid thing, my LO never seemed fussy so i'd not worry to much xx

I've had a really hot shower and hot bath today but still there's a lumpy bit. It's like a small ball. Think it's smaller than earlier but def still there. Grrrr, this is so hard. Am so fed up :(

It might take a day or two to clear up completely. Just keep feeding from that side and doing the shower massage!

It's so tough, though, I know. I was battling blocked ducts and mastitis non-stop for the first two months. But I haven't had any issues since my supply seemed to regulate, so try not to get too discouraged. :hugs:

Also, can you get into a position where LOs chin at on the lump when feeding?

Usually this will be the opposite of your normal position but their chin can massage the.lump as they suckle and it can be very effective.

I would try right after the shower.

Good luck! :hugs:

xXx

anyone have a decrease in supply after battling blocked ducts? It seems my lo is CONSTANTLY hungry right now and nothing seems to be filling her up :(

anyone have a decrease in supply after battling blocked ducts? It seems my lo is CONSTANTLY hungry right now and nothing seems to be filling her up :(

Yep, growth spurt. Your little one is 3 weeks old so theres a big one at that age :hugs:
The growth spurt is usually around 3 week, 6 weeks, 3 months and 6 months
:hugs: I know its so so rough, but it will pass in a few days :)

I never had any issues with swimming and nursing :)
If milk does leak in the pool its not noticable to me, and he's never had an issue with us getting right out of the pool to sit down and nurse.

I've had a really hot shower and hot bath today but still there's a lumpy bit. It's like a small ball. Think it's smaller than earlier but def still there. Grrrr, this is so hard. Am so fed up :(

:hugs::hugs:You've been doing an awesome job so far.. I swear this gets better!
I'm hoping the lumpy bit has disappeared for you by now or at least if it's still there that it's not painful. It should be gone soon if it's not yet, just keep thinking positive thoughts and taking those warm showers and baths. :thumbup::hugs:

Okay, now I have a question.

My LO is five months old and still nurses every one-and-a-half, maximum two hours. Is that normal? She's doing great on the growth curves. :shrug:

Let me add that it's extremely hot where we are at present (35degrees/100F?), and that sometimes, after she's nursed for a few minutes, she'll start protesting loudly and I'd have to pick her up.

:shrug:

:hugs::hugs:You've been doing an awesome job so far.. I swear this gets better!
I'm hoping the lumpy bit has disappeared for you by now or at least if it's still there that it's not painful. It should be gone soon if it's not yet, just keep thinking positive thoughts and taking those warm showers and baths. :thumbup::hugs:

Thanks. I think it is better. However I now have another question!
Because I have been feeding from the affected side first for a week my supply now seems uneven and that side gets full quicker and can be quite sore. How do I sort this? Can I get it better so I can go back to normal again!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->