Get your own personal BnB BF Champion and one-on-one BF support here!

Is there anyone who has successfully re established breastfeeding. Regret giving up. Dd now 5 months stopped at 11 weeks. Last week I was dry but started pumping , domperidone ( expensive) can't get a doc app until 21 st. Also taking fenugreek. Dd would latch with a nipple shield but gives up ass nothing for her. Nipples are quite flat so shields help. Thank you.

@nervous_1 - only paired 4 BF buddies in nearly 5 weeks. Not best :nope:

Not as much interest right now as the last few years it appears? :shrug:

Is there anyone who has successfully re established breastfeeding. Regret giving up. Dd now 5 months stopped at 11 weeks. Last week I was dry but started pumping , domperidone ( expensive) can't get a doc app until 21 st. Also taking fenugreek. Dd would latch with a nipple shield but gives up ass nothing for her. Nipples are quite flat so shields help. Thank you.

Hiya :flower:

I recommend you speak to TheNewMrs. She has first hand experience of relactation. She could be your BF buddy and get you back on track. :thumbup::hugs:

I think we need to 'advertise' the buddy system more, but not sure how... :shrug:

xXx

I think we need to 'advertise' the buddy system more, but not sure how... :shrug:

xXx

I agree - but under BnB rules we can only now place "buddy threads" in the buddy section. :shrug: That includes advertising buddy threads in other forum areas as far as I'm aware.

Yeah - I know...

It's just kinda frustrating, although I do understand why, I think perhaps posts in 3rd Tri ought to be considered for people 'planning' to BF.

xXx

I still need a buddy :-( was up at 5am this morning sobbing. Feeding is just so painful and I don't know why anymore. I feel like giving up, certainly can't go on like this. Exhausted, in agony, making me feel depressed. I can't believe how hard it is. If it wasn't for the feeding issues it would be a dream. I just don't know where to turn.

The buddy system is needed I'm sure - I can't be the only one?! Xx

I still need a buddy :-( was up at 5am this morning sobbing. Feeding is just so painful and I don't know why anymore. I feel like giving up, certainly can't go on like this. Exhausted, in agony, making me feel depressed. I can't believe how hard it is. If it wasn't for the feeding issues it would be a dream. I just don't know where to turn.

The buddy system is needed I'm sure - I can't be the only one?! Xx

Bless you hun!

Have you requested a buddy before? Only I've not seen the request.

Can you give me more info on the problems you're having so I can make sure I pair you with the most suitable champion. :hugs:

Hi, I've been posting for advice over the last few pages. Baby is 3 weeks old & feeding was going well until I got antibiotics for a uti & then suspected thrush. Feeding was painful all the way through and after, a burning pain in the nipple.

Had a cream for me & nystatin for lo. After 4 days no better so went back and got a one off dose pill, something like flucanzone? Now I'm sure the thrush is gone as no burning but I'm still in pain.

Initial latch very painful. Sometimes it hurts thro feed but not burning just nipple pain. Boobs sore all the time. After feed my nipples are flat/lipstick shaped and have a white line across. The line is there immediately so I assume latch issue not vasospasm.

I use cradle position (cant master football) and make sure she opens wide. At birth she was checked for tongue tie and didn't have it.

It's odd. At 5am this morning I was sobbing in agony feeding like knives. I wanted to never breast feed her again. Yet now, 10.30 I'm feeding on the same side, a bit sore but that's all.

I really want to ebf for 6 months but am already resorting to formula top ups in agony. I am desperate to sort this and feed her normally. Any tips or advice you ladies can give me would really help.

Becky
X

Hi, I've been posting for advice over the last few pages. Baby is 3 weeks old & feeding was going well until I got antibiotics for a uti & then suspected thrush. Feeding was painful all the way through and after, a burning pain in the nipple.

Had a cream for me & nystatin for lo. After 4 days no better so went back and got a one off dose pill, something like flucanzone? Now I'm sure the thrush is gone as no burning but I'm still in pain.

Initial latch very painful. Sometimes it hurts thro feed but not burning just nipple pain. Boobs sore all the time. After feed my nipples are flat/lipstick shaped and have a white line across. The line is there immediately so I assume latch issue not vasospasm.

I use cradle position (cant master football) and make sure she opens wide. At birth she was checked for tongue tie and didn't have it.

It's odd. At 5am this morning I was sobbing in agony feeding like knives. I wanted to never breast feed her again. Yet now, 10.30 I'm feeding on the same side, a bit sore but that's all.

I really want to ebf for 6 months but am already resorting to formula top ups in agony. I am desperate to sort this and feed her normally. Any tips or advice you ladies can give me would really help.

Becky
X

Hi Becky,

Sorry, I thought you meant you'd posted in the BF buddy thread and had no responce. (The thread in the budddies forum)

It sounds to me like you're still dealing with thrush. The pain you're decribing is typical of thrush and the blanching (white line / lipstick shape) of the nipple could very well be the thrush affecting babys latch.

A one off tablet of fluconazole isn't enough.
Normally a loading dose is given followed by a full 10 day course of treatment. Also Nystatin is renouned for not being very effective. :nope:

I would recommend you go back to your GP and request a full 10 day course of fluconazole, Daktarin gel for your nipples and Daktarin cream for LO's mouth.
Also get hold of some acidophilus. You can get it from Holland and Barratt. Start taking it asap, also alongside the medication and it will help clear the infection. (Don't take it with hot food or drinks though)
If you continue taking it after the infection clears it will help prevent a re-occurance. :thumbup:

I'm going to pair you with mistyscott - just so you have a point of help and to ensure posts don't get missed or overlooked on a long, fast moving thread. :thumbup:

Feel free to pm her and she'll be more than happy to help you. Any other issues feel free to give me a shout. :hugs::hugs:

@nervous_1 - only paired 4 BF buddies in nearly 5 weeks. Not best :nope:

Not as much interest right now as the last few years it appears? :shrug:

I think the problem is where the post is....if it was in third tri it would be better as it gets way more views but rules are rules I guess!!! :shrug:

5 is better than none, hopefully word will spread, even if it is rather slowly ;)

And I'm one of the 5 and have found it a lifesaver! But I wouldn't have found the post except stumbling across it by accident.

I didn't know there WAS a thread in the buddies forum. I'm off to check it out now!

Wait... what forum is it in? I don't see anything listed in the Forum Jump section. :(

Becky
X

Hi Becky,

Sorry, I thought you meant you'd posted in the BF buddy thread and had no responce. (The thread in the budddies forum)

It sounds to me like you're still dealing with thrush. The pain you're decribing is typical of thrush and the blanching (white line / lipstick shape) of the nipple could very well be the thrush affecting babys latch.

Normally a loading dose is given followed by a full 10 day course of treatment. Also Nystatin is renouned for not being very effective. :nope:

I would recommend you go back to your GP and request a full 10 day course of fluconazole, Daktarin gel for your nipples and Daktarin cream for LO's mouth.
Also get hold of some acidophilus. You can get it from Holland and Barratt. Start taking it asap, also alongside the medication and it will help clear the infection. (Don't take it with hot food or drinks though)
If you continue taking it after the infection clears it will help prevent a re-occurance. :thumbup:

I'm going to pair you with mistyscott - just so you have a point of help and to ensure posts don't get missed or overlooked on a long, fast moving thread. :thumbup:

Feel free to pm her and she'll be more than happy to help you. Any other issues feel free to give me a shout. :hugs::hugs:

Oh sorry maybe I was confused I haven't seen the other thread. I see so maybe I do still have thrush then. It's odd sometimes it agony and unbearable, other times it's sore but I can feed. I've got acidophilus so taking that.

I'll go back to my doc again then I think! She told me to stop using daktarin when I got the tablet! Grrrr. Maybe I'll use it again then.

I'll get in touch with misty. Thanks x

Becky
X

Hi Becky,

Oh sorry maybe I was confused I haven't seen the other thread. I see so maybe I do still have thrush then. It's odd sometimes it agony and unbearable, other times it's sore but I can feed. I've got acidophilus so taking that.

I'll go back to my doc again then I think! She told me to stop using daktarin when I got the tablet! Grrrr. Maybe I'll use it again then.

I'll get in touch with misty. Thanks x

The Daktarin needs to be used in conjunction with the Fluconazole. (Once again medical professionals not helping :dohh::growlmad:)

GPs are generally not trained on BF issues (as my midwife told me and my GP openly admitted :dohh:)

I would also recommend you get babys latch checked. It never hurts to check it's correct :thumbup:

found the buddy thread!
https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/p...1-breastfeeding-buddies-support-advice-3.html

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->