Get your own personal BnB BF Champion and one-on-one BF support here!

i see your point marley, but for me i know it was best i never had any at home...i figured as Tigerlady said that i could get it virtually 24/7 if really needed

but your point has definately shown its a personal preference :)

Hi All!

Well, had a different, brilliant midwife visit today who was wholly supportive of my bfing and gave me the help I needed - LO has put weight on so now is a good time to try. She confirmed that he was latching correctly and indeed feeding and he fed for 20 mins!

Am now having a bed day with LO (plan to have a lovely bath later together too) and will try to bf LO all day and tomorrow - MW is coming back tomorrow to see how we're getting on! She said no bottles won't hurt for a day, if we're struggling then give him ebm bottle in the night and continue to express to empty out the boob he's fed from :)

Soooooo happy that the time is right to finally give bf a proper try!

Wish us luck x

He's been booby fed now since lunch - he's asleep now so that means he must be full... I hope!!!? Still have tears (from me!) when he's crying at first because he prob. wants the bottle as it's the easier option and I feel guilty!!! But it's all worth it :)

Oh yay!!! That is great progress! Just power through it. It is better for him in the end and he won't remember the frustration. You are doing a great job. If he is calm and sleeping peacefully, I would say that means he is satisfied! :hugs:

I should also say, he will eventually learn to associate nursing with more than just food, it will be comfort for him, too. The kind he won't get from a bottle. So you really are doing him a favor for more than just health reasons. He will eventually prefer nursing. He just has to learn how great it is first.

I should also say, he will eventually learn to associate nursing with more than just food, it will be comfort for him, too. The kind he won't get from a bottle. So you really are doing him a favor for more than just health reasons. He will eventually prefer nursing. He just has to learn how great it is first.

completely agree with this! nursing solves 85% of miscellaneous crying (if not more!)

He's been booby fed now since lunch - he's asleep now so that means he must be full... I hope!!!? Still have tears (from me!) when he's crying at first because he prob. wants the bottle as it's the easier option and I feel guilty!!! But it's all worth it

That's brilliant - hunger normally wins over sleep, so if he's sleeping then he must be satisfied :thumbup: So glad you got a MW who understood how important it is to you :) Oh and congrats on LO putting on weight, you must be chuffed :)

Hello everyone, I thought here might be a good place to ask and I know I have ages to go to worry about it, but I like to be organised and don't want to fret too much about it! I am a bit nervous about asking as I don't want to offend anyone as I have no problem with people FF but for me I really 110% want to BF. I have bought an electric pump (only bought it so early because it was half price) and would like to express a bottle a day.

Even if for some reason I can't get the latch then I will want to exclusively express.

Am I being unrealistic or is it good to be optimistic and believe that I can do it? I have just got concerned as I told my sis that I got a pump and she was all negative really, saying how she couldn't breastfeed any of her kids and kind of implying I shouldn't have bought the pump x

Bunny, I was just the same ;)

I knew if I had physical problems with baby latching, or if I took a long time to recover or anything, then I wanted to at least express. I also knew that being quick off the mark is a great bonus - so I think you're going the right way about it :)
(My mum thought I was mad I think ;))

Like some others have said... I didn't buy any 'back up formula', I was determined not to need it. But everyone is different.

I did buy a microwave steriliser, cold water sterilising tablets, and breastflow bottles. I also got some baby weaning cubes and freezer bags to store milk long term.

My number one tip is to get some non-vented breast shells (advent do some) for collecting leaking milk.

HTH x

hi. im only 2nd tri but am working my way thru the breastfeeding board in an attempt to better prepare myself and find support after 2 failed attemps at BFing. hope you dont mind me stalking for a bit and asking questions. xxxx

Need some advice on thrush... :( Sore itchy nipples galore! Baby doesn't have any white in her mouth though, symptoms just started last night. I have a friend I call for advice, she has been BFing for nearly 4 months now and has had thrush a few times. she told me to buy antifungal cream and put on nipples before and after feeds (baby eats and helps her not get it, or treat hers too) and to get acidophilus tablets and take them as well and it should clear it up, but can make a while... Just wondering if there is any other good advice out there for it at all. We have had some problems already with feeding and I don't want to end up giving in and giving formula, I want this gone!!!!!!! I pump off at night and bottle feed because she is so tired at night, she will not wake enough to latch on :( but it's EBM not formula. Pumping hurts too... ugh I need help!

oh gosh where do i start???? i feel soo clueless. Forgive me if i have spoken to some of you already and im repeating myself but i figure it would be best to tell you a little background so i can get the best advice possible.
i managed 3days with DD1 and a further 2 weeks expressing but then had to stop as i was admitted back to hospital and on some serious medication. never had a decent latch. and was so sore, angry, felt like a failure etc etc. she was born by emergancy section after 21hours labour.
DD2 was an elective section and, so i was told, latched on fine and fed for 20mins after birth. but i couldnt get her to latch on at all for 36 hours after that. and it seemed to take days for my body to start doing its thing. i tired expressing which was a nightmare in hospital as they only had one pump and a lady with premie twims was using it all the time. in the end i caved, with many tears, and gave her formula. at 3 days old she stopped breathing 3times and spend 4 days in SCBU. i just couldnt battle thro while worrying about her.

so im looking for ways to get things going before hand, as ive never leaked before birth. things i can do or buy to help in those first few days and support really, in powering thro. i really want to be able to do this or at the very least express. but also be realistic. sorry i feel im waffling. lol

stupid double post.

forgot to add this one is an elective section too

Re: thrush

I haven't had it, but I know it can be very hard to treat and take some time. You have caught it very early, so that will help. I would get to a mw, doc, hv, asap and get the proper prescription medication and have them check you for severity, etc.

It thrives in warm, moist environments, so will help if you keep your nipples dry. Here is another info page:

https://www.llli.org/FAQ/thrush.html

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"