Get your own personal BnB BF Champion and one-on-one BF support here!

PE, is a dummy a pacifier? (sorry, getting the different words used down! lol) if so, is there a reason you are pushing to use it? Honestly, if your LO doesnt want it, I wouldnt push it.. they are pain to wean from..

Just wanted to say, I went to the library this weekend and checked out a book called "So that's what they're for!" (cant remember author) and I am about 1/2 done with it and really becoming more and more positive and comfortable with the idea of breastfeeding, so if anyone is on the fence, it seems to be working for me.. It sells for about $12.00 so I may even go buy it when I have to return it to the library!

Just wanted to say, I went to the library this weekend and checked out a book called "So that's what they're for!" (cant remember author) and I am about 1/2 done with it and really becoming more and more positive and comfortable with the idea of breastfeeding, so if anyone is on the fence, it seems to be working for me.. It sells for about $12.00 so I may even go buy it when I have to return it to the library!

:yipee: That's fantastic news! I'm so happy that you took our advice to heart and are really working on this. That is incredible. You are already a super star mommy. :flower:

PE, have you tried different shapes and brands? My kids are pretty picky about which ones they will use. Otter would only ever use Soothies and DK prefers those, too. Some prefer those kinds, some prefer orthodontic shapes... you have to experiment.

Yes, the advice has been wonderful here!! And the support is the big thing that I was lacking, but now I got it here, and am able to get it from DH as I educate him! I am going to a BF class in January (!) and DH said he wont go, but I am going to see if after the holiday he changes his mind........

So my boobs have been REALLY sore from time to time, not constant... and i noticed when I express some colostrum out I feel relief......... I've still got 10 weeks til d-day... Is this normal? NEver experienced this before.

It's not unusual. Every lady experiences pg related boob and milk issues differently. Some can express before baby arrives, some can't. Some leak, some don't.

I would take the fact that you can express as a great sign! :thumbup: Most ladies that leak/can express pre-baby have really good milk supplies.

I wouldn't express too much, though. You don't want to trick your body into producing too much and just increase the engorgement. :nope: If you can, power through the soreness. If you feel sore and then express, that will actually signal your body to keep producing that much or even more... so can it lead to a cycle that you don't want to deal with just yet!

thanks! Yes, I think my supply will be FINE because with my first DS my supply never went away! I hadit when i got preg. with DS 2 , 3 years later! This time, it went away like 6 mo before getting pregant, and as soon as I got the BFP it came back :) Fingers crossed for lots of supply!!! :)

I got a manual pump last night, an inexpensive one (but tried it out to see what it feels like and no pain and got colostrum) so i can kinda start a stock of bm when i go back to work. told my mom i was going to "try BF" and she said "try? you CAN do it. You just need everyone to leave you alone to get the hang of it!" so i finally officially have someone in my corner!! (aside from here ;) )

she said "try? you CAN do it. You just need everyone to leave you alone to get the hang of it!" so i finally officially have someone in my corner!! (aside from here ;) )

:dance: That's fabulous! Listen to her, she's right. :thumbup:

I wouldn't concentrate on trying to get too much just yet. You'll be getting colostrum which won't do a great deal of good for "full milk feeds" upon returning to work.

When do you need to go back to work? You'll likely have plenty of time to build up what you need. I've done it twice now, so let me know if you want to hear what I did. :D

I have 6 weeks off, but I might be able to take 8 off if we get our tax refund back in time :)

I assume that is based on what you can afford? Remember that you are entitled to 12 weeks, but they don't have to pay you. So, only take that if you can afford. I will admit I took all 12 for both kids and we struggled hardcore with finances. Got really behind. But it was worth it! :thumbup:

Oh yeah.. entitled to 12 but just doing the shorter amount since it's not paid.

Either way, you will have plenty of time to build up a little freezer stock before returning to work, even if you wait until after she is born. :thumbup: Also, I have had the best luck building a stash AFTER I return to work. I usually pump at least 5 oz more per day than the kids drink, so I end up with an extra 25+ oz every week. It is amazing how fast it accumulates at that rate. I've been back to work part time since Nov 1 and full time since Dec 1, and I have about 90-100 oz in the freezer. When I first started back to work, I only had about 12 oz in the freezer.

So, don't stress too much. You'll likely be able to build a stash much more easily than you think. :D

I'm optimistic I can pump a lot at work too.. also, I work in a hospital, very close to the maternity ward, and I talked to the lactation consultant up there and she said employees are welcome up anytime to pump!

Ohhh also, my daughter will be in the daycare we have on site at work, it's maybe a 10min walk from my office... i may try to get over to BF at lunch time if our schedule's work out to allow it!

That's a fantastic plan! It is wonderful you have an LC at work. Those are hard to come by. I highly recommend going over to nurse your daugther any time you can. I have always taken my lunch to go home to my kids and nurse. It is the highlight of my work day. And the kids really look forward to seeing me in the middle of the day. Definitely make the effort to do it!

Hoping someone will be ale to help me. My DD is 5 dys old and ive been BF but once she latches she only drinks 15 min on one side, no matter what I do she wont wake up anf doesnt wanna eat. She goes 2-4 hours in between feeds and seems content but im worried she isint getting enough. I just gave her EBM and she took 1.5oz then fell asleep. Thanx for reading.

hello ,
i would like to have a BF champion too... i breastfeed my little Ilyes since one month now and i express 260 ML a day just in case but we still facing some problem positioning cause my LO often choke or stop breathing while nursing... Do i have too much milk or hes not in the right position i dont know please help:cry:

Hoping someone will be ale to help me. My DD is 5 dys old and ive been BF but once she latches she only drinks 15 min on one side, no matter what I do she wont wake up anf doesnt wanna eat. She goes 2-4 hours in between feeds and seems content but im worried she isint getting enough. I just gave her EBM and she took 1.5oz then fell asleep. Thanx for reading.

Is she having enough wet nappies a day (6-8)? How many times in 24 hours does she eat (on average)? Does she wake up within 30-60 minutes hungry again?

It's quite likely to be fine! My LO only ever fed from one breast per feeding session, and the longest she ever fed for at one time was 23 minutes and was nearer 15-18 minutes most of the time. Some babies just eat quickly, my LO now finishes a boob in under 5 mins, and sometimes has both - but she's 22lb so I imagine she needs both to fill her up!

If your LO wakes up hungry again soon after feeding, it's a sign that they get tired waiting for the milk and fall asleep before finishing, but that doesn't sound like your LO to me. Is the latch ok - no pain or anything?

hello ,
i would like to have a BF champion too... i breastfeed my little Ilyes since one month now and i express 260 ML a day just in case but we still facing some problem positioning cause my LO often choke or stop breathing while nursing... Do i have too much milk or hes not in the right position i dont know please help:cry:

You could have an overactive letdown (more likely because you pump extra, your boobs think that your LO needs A LOT of milk!)

Try to let the first rush of milk happen before LO latches on - either hand express a bit off before feeding LO, or let LO suck until you feel your milk coming, then unlatch LO & let the milk flow into a muslin or empty bottle. You could keep it, but it will just be the watery foremilk so no good to collect and give to LO as they won't get the fatter hindmilk. Once the initial rush has gone, your milk flow will slow a little and be easier for LO to manage. As they get older, they'll get better at handling it.

With regards to positioning, just make sure that their chin isn't pressed into their chest and that their head and neck aren't twisted towards your body. Their belly should be against your belly.

Hope that helps!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->