Get your own personal BnB BF Champion and one-on-one BF support here!

I'm happy to help anyone who needs help and/or support breastfeeding.

We have overcome oversupply and food allergies in the past 9 months.
We also cosleep full time , nurse to sleep and comfort nurse during the night.

Has anyone had problems with having their period very early on, despite EBF? It is REALLY effecting my supply and he is virtually starving the week before my period, and once my period comes, my milk comes back. :cry: Any tips?

No experience here since AF still hasn't returned but I found a helpful article..
https://blogginaboutbabies.wordpress.com/2009/04/20/milk-supply-during-menstruation/

mine came back right on schedule, 30 days post the last day of my ppbleed. once you start your period you will have an excess supply. I always took advantage of that and pumped that week. then when my supply dropped I supplimented with the stored BM.

so next week pump pump pump :)

oh, if he is "starving" go ahead and let him nurse more often. I know how hard it can be being PMSing and a fussy baby, that will help calm you both :)

Has anyone had problems with having their period very early on, despite EBF? It is REALLY effecting my supply and he is virtually starving the week before my period, and once my period comes, my milk comes back. :cry: Any tips?

My supply drops the first couple days of my cycle. I just feed a little more and put him on the breast whenever I can :)

I think the only way he is not completely starving that week is because he is on my boob THE WHOLE WEEK. Literally, up every hour feeding :(

Started pumping yesterday, so I should have a good supply built up by that time of the month again

Yea add your own!
I'm still not added to the list either but Katt told me to go ahead and get a blinkie so I did ..

Katt mentioned somewhere or other that people should go ahead and grab a blinkie and that she will update the list, firstly the old fashioned way on pen and paper to make sure its right, then on this thread. So don't be disheartened if you don't see your name on the list yet ladies! :flower:

bb - i had a bad experience my first week of af. i was so upset as it seemed i had no milk, and j was constantly feeding...BUT i think all the extra stimulation is was increases your supply so much the following week. Try a nursing tea (my fav is the weleda one) and make sure you drink lots and lots and lots of water (like try for 4 litres).

Where do you buy nursing tea? Maybe birth source here in the city. I did just pick up some fenugreek.

Have I been refused? I don't have a blinky :(

As the others have said - just grab yourself one! Copy and paste the code from the first post in this thread into your siggie.

I am editing the thread off screen so it may take a little while to see changes.:flower:

BB - i can buy it locally at a S&H health foods... i don't know if they have those where you are. but you can buy it online here. i buy from these guys all the time. it has fenugreek in it, but has some other herbs too.

Oops I missed that we could do that. I blame being on my iPod, not my idiocy :haha:
Thanks ladies. I'll have to do it on the laptop tomorrow.

I think the only way he is not completely starving that week is because he is on my boob THE WHOLE WEEK. Literally, up every hour feeding :(

Started pumping yesterday, so I should have a good supply built up by that time of the month again

I definitely have a drop in supply with AF. LO feeds more frequently during that time and also I try to pump more after AF when I have excess to help supplement during AF. Good luck :flower:

Please help, I have a 4 week old and he falls asleep during bf and detaches, I never get him off then a couple of minutes he wakes and is still hungry, it would be 15 mins or so on each breast and then I would finally follow with a bottle of expressed milk or formula. He would finally be good. What can I do to fix this, I have just given up and express only but now I see a decrease in milk so I have been giving more and more formula. I don't want this to continue. Thanks in advance.

Please help, I have a 4 week old and he falls asleep during bf and detaches, I never get him off then a couple of minutes he wakes and is still hungry, it would be 15 mins or so on each breast and then I would finally follow with a bottle of expressed milk or formula. He would finally be good. What can I do to fix this, I have just given up and express only but now I see a decrease in milk so I have been giving more and more formula. I don't want this to continue. Thanks in advance.

Just keep swapping boobs for as long as he wants. It's totally normal for young babies to fall asleep on the breast, as it's comforting to them. I would advise against topping up with formula, especially at this early stage in your breastfeeding relationship: it's supply and demand, so baby needs to be on the breast whenever he wants to get your supply up to his needs.

Stimulate your baby to stay awake, undress the baby and pop him back on the boob ..
tickle his toes while he feeds, things like that can also help.
I also would advise to stop topping up with formula, this will only make your supply go down.. especially because it's still so early on.
I would actually advise you to do breast only as your baby might also get a bit lazy on the boob, as the boob is hard work compared to a bottle.

me three on not topping up. its a vicious cycle.

let me add to that, it was my standard practice to nurse till sleep (he only nursed 10 mins at a time) burp and then nurse and burp and nurse. on and on. I offered until he no longer wanted it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->