Getting baby to turn?

Ninagrrl

Reaction score
I know it's early but I have a reason to want her to turn. I get regular scans due to having a 2 vessel cord and at my 28 week scan her head was measuring small and she was 2lbs 1oz and in 25th percentile. Yesterday I had another scan with the high risk OB and on better equipment and she was measuring 3lbs 6oz and 57th percentile but her head was still measuring slightly small. They say it might be due to her breech position and maybe she just has a slightly smaller head naturally because her brain looks great. I just want to get her to turn before my scan at 32 weeks and give her some time head down to see if that changes the results a little bit. They did tell me that her head was only slightly smaller and isn't something to freak out about just something to watch because of the SUA.

Anything anyone can suggest I can do, how long and how often and if she flips should I continue it so that it encourages her to stay head down?

I'm also nervous because I had a c-section with my son who was breech and I don't want a repeat. I had such a horrible and nightmarish hospital stay with my son because of how the staff treated me that I just have anxiety over staying in the hospital longer then just a couple of days and I know that the best way to avoid a 4 day stay again is to have a VBAC. I feel my anxiety over this might even cause problems with recovery from a c-section so I want to do everything I can to avoid this.

Try the spinning babies website: https://spinningbabies.com/

There's lots of advice on there, including spending time on all fours!

Mine flipped so many times and then finally at 30 1/2 weeks, flipped head down and has stayed that way. But it HURT. My lord. Here is what I did, drank a soda laid down and she was freaking out. All of a sudden, she flipped and man, OWWWW! But she's stayed that way now :)

Will my girl turn back down. She's been head down from 20 week scan, but last week at my 4d scan she was across ways. I keep waiting for the turn that everyone has been warning me about, it freaks me out thinking about it. Xx:hugs:

Mine flipped so many times and then finally at 30 1/2 weeks, flipped head down and has stayed that way. But it HURT. My lord. Here is what I did, drank a soda laid down and she was freaking out. All of a sudden, she flipped and man, OWWWW! But she's stayed that way now :)

She's been beating me up today. Scratching, flipping and stretching. However, it felt like her head was up on the right hand side and feet down on the left hand side because the pressure when she stretches covers more area on the top side of my uterus and the movements down low are tiny and individual like 2 feet pedaling into me. That was this morning and then it felt like I was carrying a fish around in my stomach, sloshing about in there. But ouch, it feels like she's trying to dig her way out. However, now I'm feeling a lot of movement on the top side that feels like it did on the lower side this morning so I'm hoping that all that pain and movement means that she flipped. I won't know until the end of the month when I get another scan.

Here are some links I went through for one of my bump buddies. By far, the best is spinningbabies.But I went through several sites and these ones were a lot better than most out there.

www.spinningbabies.com

https://pregnancy.about.com/od/breech...eechbabies.htm

https://www.butterflybirth.com/ways-t...a-breech-baby/

https://www.pregnancybeat.com/turn-a-...void-cesarean/

My baby was head down all the way up until 32 weeks, then decided one day to go breech. I started doing forward inversions from spinning baby website and baby flipped back down in a few days. I stopped the exercise and two days later baby flipped up again! Did the fwd inv about three times a day after that and baby flipped back down a day later....this kid is nuts! I have been doing the stretch when I wake up and before I go to sleep and at 34 wks baby is down still. Hopefully those stretches will work for you... . Just know that clearly even at this point (33, 34 wks) the baby can still churn your insides and move around! I hope your lo is head down before your scan, but even if not don't lose hope for your vbac :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->