Getting back to normal

Barefoot baby

Reaction score
I know 'normal' will never be the same but LO is 1 week old now and we've come a long way. I was wondering when others felt they were getting back to normal? I've got lots of animals including horses but I have not felt confident enough to take the horses back on yet (a friend is looking after them) so will I ever feel I can? Worrying me a bit that I won't get there but it's early days right? When DH is here my confidence is good but not so when he's not. Funny thing is I'm usually so good at coping and getting on with stuff!

:-/ x

It will get back to normal, it just takes time, like everything in life, you just have to be patient and positive :flower:

Sounds like you're doing great to have come a long way in a week :) I think I felt more like normal when my OH went back to work. I remember driving with LO in the back, sun shining, music on, feeling happy and normal. Yay! She was about 3 weeks old I guess xx

I hear you barefoot baby... I have 4 horses and have felt pangs of guilt as they are just turned away. It is only now that I am feeling ok with life especially the horses. I think it's because we have a good bedtime routine going, so when LO is in bed and OH is home I go and have some 'me' time with my ponies. We are lucky to have the long nights with our LO's!
My LO is 3months & 3wks. Your horses will wait, I have learnt not to bust a gut over them... They are fed, watered and checked daily so all is well! I reckon by the age of 6 wks you will be at the stables messing while LO snoozes in the pram or OH has him!

hun your baby is a week old,give yourself a break :hugs: it really is early days. Things will get back to a different normal :hugs: took me about 3 months for me. Hard not to worry about other stuff needed to be done i know but try to just enjoy this time with Lo as it goes so quick xxx

It gets better all the time (with the odd awful day!) - I felt more normal after a couple of weeks and much more clear headed after about 2 months. My LO is now 6 months and I feel like this has been life for ever! Don't worry, you'll be back to "normal" before you even know it - I look back and can't believe how useless and tearful I felt to start with and even then I thought I was ok...

Good luck and hope we have a lovely summer so you can get out and about and back to your horses.

Thank you everyone. I do feel useless and tearful most of the time even thou LO is well and happy, sleeps well and feeds well. But I am still getting used to him afterall we've only known each other for a week and getting over the birth is taking time I never thought it would!

I'm having to go and sort my horses tonight as my friend can't but DH will be with me so he can watch LO and I'll rush round and feel 'normal' for just half an hour lol

I always knew having LO would change things but j
I just never quite knew how... It's all good thou :D x

How you are feeling is 100% normal. Nothing can prepare you for the massive adjustment that you have to make having a baby. I remember wondering what I had done for the first few weeks. I loved my daughter but I felt like I was living someone else's life and the old me had been lost forever, I didn't know what I was doing and I felt happy and lost at the same time!
It does get easier but it takes some time, I remember at about 6 weeks suddenly feeling like I was in the swing of things again.I don't think your life ever returns to the 'normal' that it was but you get to know and love the new 'normal' and things just seem easier. I used to see people with older babies just getting on with life and wonder how they did it, but it happens all in good time. Now I am having to go through the whole adjustment thing again with baby number two. It's not as hard as the first time around but still has more challenges that I imagined!

How you are feeling is 100% normal. Nothing can prepare you for the massive adjustment that you have to make having a baby. I remember wondering what I had done for the first few weeks. I loved my daughter but I felt like I was living someone else's life and the old me had been lost forever, I didn't know what I was doing and I felt happy and lost at the same time!
It does get easier but it takes some time, I remember at about 6 weeks suddenly feeling like I was in the swing of things again.I don't think your life ever returns to the 'normal' that it was but you get to know and love the new 'normal' and things just seem easier. I used to see people with older babies just getting on with life and wonder how they did it, but it happens all in good time. Now I am having to go through the whole adjustment thing again with baby number two. It's not as hard as the first time around but still has more challenges that I imagined!

This is exactly how I feel, just got to believe people that it really does get easier! X

I feel my life is back to normal now. All thats changed is I have to take Isobelle with me (and everything bar the kitchen sink). Only thing thats changed is weekends, me and OH would go out shopping Saturdays and get a little, ahem, tipsy, then I would work Sundays. We still do go shopping on Saturdays, I just dont do the tipsy bit lol..he does, grrrr!

I LOVE Fridays, but dread Mondays because I know OH is back to work. I am not a very confident person, and when he first went back to work, she was 2weeks old, I felt sick. What if this happens? How will I cope? But I did. I remember just feeding her whenever she cried and wondered why she was puking, but now I am alot better and try everything else before resorting to the bottle. Looking back, I have come along way since then. I am not totally confident with her, still get nervous espeically when venturing out the house, but I am alot better, and so will you be.

Can you not taking LO in pram to go and see your horses? They probably missing you! I have a friend, who used to take her relaxer/bouncy chair with her to the stables lol whilst she sorted her horses out and found that the fresh (hmmm horse manuer fresh lol) air made her LO zonk out hahaha!! Her LO is now 3 and LOVES horses :)

I didn't believe it when people kept saying "it does get easier" I thought, you would bloody say that, hahaha, and I was going mad in 4 walls wondering what I was doing wrong, but, in the past couple of weeks, Isobelle rarely cries and she also sleeps through, so when she does cry now, or wakes up during night, I panic all over again thinking "oooh dears whats wrong" because I'm not used to it anymore lol!!

Sorry I have rambled sweetie, just trying to make you feel a little reassured. I never thought I would get to 15weeks with Isobelle, I swore I was gonna do something wrong and social would take her away :blush: but here I am being told I am doing perfectly. Your life will never be the same now, but it has changed for the better :)

xxx

This is exactly how I feel, just got to believe people that it really does get easier! X

I was/still am exactly the same!!!

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back