Getting contractions going

M

magic93

Anybody know any remedies that work to get contractions going???

oh bless ya nothing works. have u had a sweep or go for long walk x

Nothing really works to start them off but once they start coming don't stop walking!x

Of all the zillion remedies me and my 3 other pregnant friends tried....what worked for me was "keeping busy"...having a full calendar of things to do forced me to keep busy and not just sit there and wait...I think being stress free is what did it for me. I had gone to my dr that night and she said..."we're in for the long haul...you aren't even a tiny bit dialated"..we even booked my induction date 2 weeks from then... So i went home and made plans for the week. Went into labour that night....

My doctor wouldnt do a sweep.
Ive got an induction booked for the 30th but I want to avoid getting induced!!
I walk all the time, ive walked my whole pregnancy.. To work from work which is 25 mins each way. And I walk pretty much everywhere I can. And I try to stay busy too... It jus seems like I will end up getting induced no matter what I do :(

I'm the same. I was due yesterday and have sat and cried all day because my baby isnt here. I suffer with the most terrible migraines, and im getting them once a week at the moment. I know ive been losing my plug, but thats the only signs and i know that doesnt mean labour is coming soon :(

I know what your goin thru, I lost my plug 2 weeks ago... And still nothing at alll :( hopefully you have better luck then me

My situation with DD was a bit different as my waters had already broken the previous morning and trickling ever since, but a midwife at the birth centre (when I reported back 24h later to ask for extra time before induction) recommended an acupuncturist to me and my contractions started about an hour after I left the acupuncturist, so could be worth a try?

I'm sure the thing that started my contractions was being told I might need a caesarean :s although they started almost exactly 48 hours after my waters broke so it could've been that :L

I wish i knew, i was 5 days over with my 1st and i had a stretch and sweep done and lost the mucus plug, i started getting contractions on and off for 3 days with the 3rd day ending in a c-section :(

I would say try sex/sperms as sperms contain oxytocin, which is what there give you in a drip form i believe to induce labour so the sperms could help to dilate the cervix if its good and ready too :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->