Getting depressed.

S

Serene123

I know sleepless nights are part of being a mummy but she's awake from 8-9pm untill 6-7am now. I can't keep doing that and then being awake doing things all day. I'm running off 2 hours sleep max. I don't know how much longer I can do this for but there's nothing I can do about it. She sleeps too much in the day to be asleep at night.

:(

Im sure you've heard this before, but sleep when she sleeps, forget about cleaning the house, etc. I know it might not seem like it now, but it will get better. :hugs:

what vanwest said hun. Have u tried getting her into a bed time routine???

Hang in there :hugs::hugs: It'll get better, I'm sure xxx

what vanwest said hun. Have u tried getting her into a bed time routine???

How do you get a 5 week old into a routine? I've tried keeping her awake during the day and she just gets irritable. I bath her at 8pm. I think she has just never felt safe at night and that's made her be awake more during the night so she's slept more during the day and now a pattern has started forming. One I don't like too much! I'm slowly giving up and considering becoming nocternal.

I bath Caitlin in the mornings after her brekkie then she'll have a nap if she didn't have one right after her brekkie!

Your right (imo) that you can't routine a 5 week old but somehow need to give her a little help to change things around.

Any way you could create a busy day where she will get lots of fuss? Never any point in doing visits with bubba if people let her sleep like when she went to my Aunts nobidy would leave her be really ... fresh air & fuss could make a tired baby that evening then a bath in the morning?!

Sleep when she sleeps though as others said - sod the house work that isn't urgent!

x

I could have wrote the OP too Toria... :hugs:

Little Miss Night Owl was up from 9pm to 4am this morning. After DH went to work I slept for 3 hours and then we came to work. :dohh:

I just want to :sleep::sleep::sleep: for a year.

But it'll get better...

eventually

One tip I read is baby's are programed to goto bed early. I started getting Noah ready for bed at 6:30pm and he was asleep by 7pm, I noticed he was sleeping longer when he went to bed early. I also only swaddle him at night so he "knows" bedtime. He went from sleeping every 3 hours, to every 5-6, then 7-8 now he's sleeping 11hours straight.

:hugs::hugs: I hated when I was going through that! It took about 9 weeks for Connor to start sleeping at night. I hope it gets better for you soon!

Im not really sure I could have coped with this :( :hug: for doing it so far x

Why not try lifting her after shes had a little sleep during the day, dont let her sleep for long spells. Then come 6-7ish, dim the lights, have lullabys playing, and dont talk to much to her while you bath her, the feed her then put her down? And when she wakes in the night dont turn lights on and if you have to talk to her keep it to a minimum.

Is there not an aunt or someone who could take her one night to let you get a good sleep?

I really hope she starts to change her sleep times around for you xx

Believe it or not, the more babies sleep the more they sleep. It will get better. Don't try to keep her awake during the day but make sure that she can see that it's daytime - have curtains open, go out etc. Early evening, turn the lights down, turn the tv down, speak in hushed tones, just keep everything really quiet and calm. Try having a day where you encourage her to sleep as much as possible and see if that helps.

I'm having the same problem, I feel so run down during the day :sleep:

:hugs: toria...
those really early weeks after the birth are hard, your doing a great job x

like someone posted, babies need help to differentiate (sp?) between day and night, what i do is, during day time naps keep noise level as normal, talking washing machine going, hoover etc..then at night its quiet, curtains drawn etc.. i also put her in the same place to sleep (crib) so that she knows its time to sleep.. i just sit next to her on the bed on the lap top so she "knows" im there, but thats where she is for her day time naps and her bedtime
:hugs: xxx

Hi,

Sorry your having such a hard time, we had this trouble with lily for a while, but i think it was because we had her in the lounge in her moses basket and the big light on, when we started to just use a small lamp at night she started to work out what night and day was. My friend had a nocturnal baby too and she found it mega hard work, but she spent about a week or two trying her hardest to change her babies sleep patterns by keeping her awake during the day, it was really hard because obviously the baby got really upset but she soon worked it out. I guess maybe a week of hell could be worth it for the rest of the time being better? I know its easier said than done though!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->