Getting Fit Before Baby

Swimmy - Congrats on maintaining since Thanksgiving! I'm sure I haven't. I'm afraid to step on the scale! lol

Urs - I don't know of any home remedies to force AF to start, sorry! The only one I know of for hormone balance at all is Maca, but I don't think it's for bringing on AF.

Krissie - Oo, yay for early ovulation! I hope this means your system's primed and ready for another BFP! :)

AFM - Christmas with the in-laws, OMG. It's always a sh*itshow, but this year was particularly bad.

Prepare yourself for a wall of text! lol.

First, DH's sister decided that since no one was going to clean her house for her, she wasn't going to host Christmas there anymore. And she decided this on Dec 23rd. Hubby's family does all of its gift opening stuff on Christmas Eve, then family dinner and stocking gifts on the 25th. So cancelling Christmas at her house on the 23rd had everyone scrambling to make arrangements.

So DH's younger brother steps in and says we can all go to HIS house, only it's a teeny tiny house and barely fit everyone all together there.

His wife, meanwhile, bitched and moaned about everyone being at her house all day long, and nearly had a meltdown when dinner was finished and everyone cleared the table and put their dishes in the sink. She starts washing dishes, and as we're all helping store leftovers and putting more dishes in the sink, she flips out and storms off, leaving everyone else to do dishes while she sat in her bedroom.

So THEN we find out that we were expected to provide some food for Christmas dinner, only no one bothered to TELL us that. DH's mom just called us up and was like, "So you can bring [dish they expected us to provide] to my house to put in the fridge!" and DH was like, "Uh - what?" Thank God I had decided to make a rice/casserole side dish and bring some desserts for Christmas dinner. But when DH told his mom that my side dish was rice, she was like, ".... oh. Well, [Great Aunt] brought rice." DH is like, so? Is it this exact recipe? Is it going to hurt anything to have extra of something? There are 20 people showing up for dinner! So the two of them decide that, no, it's not a big deal. They serve my rice.

Great Aunt goes down the 'buffet line' serving herself a dish when dinner rolls around. She gets to my casserole, glares at it, and shoves the dish across the counter! Then she goes down the line and serves herself her OWN rice without touching any of what I made.

As though I was somehow being rude and/or thoughtless for contributing to the meal! And let me just say, her dish was a tomato based Spanish rice dish, whereas mine was a cheesy, green chile rice dish. It wasn't like we both brought the same thing.

She also refused to touch any of the dessert I made, because SHE brought desserts.

Then she and her husband were getting ready to leave, and they gave EVERYONE hugs goodbye, and well wishes, EXCEPT for DH and me. DH and I didn't even get a sideways glance.

I couldn't believe it! In what universe is this kind of behavior acceptable?

There was a lot more that was just ridiculous, but that was the most shocking one. It was like Great Aunt, who is in her late 60s or early 70s, had suddenly reverted to being 3 years old and throwing temper tantrums. I basically spend every Christmas with DH's family in silence, simmering over every slight they direct at us because even though DH and I have been together for 10 years now, they still treat me like absolute sh*t.

I told DH that for Christmas 2018, when we would generally go to visit with his fam, we can invite his parents to our home instead, and avoid all the drama completely.

Ugh.

Anyway! I hope everyone else had an excellent Christmas!

Irym- what awful behavior from them all. I'm sorry they were acting that way. It definitely doesn't make for a good holiday.

Afm, my inlaws came into town yesterday and will be here until Friday.

I'm in a ton of pain. This ovulation is definitelya strong one. I've also had a long surge. No idea if that means anything? But I'm gonna hold off testing until 11 dpo, so Jan 7th.

Thanks gals :)

IRYM: I hate family gatherings. That's when I usually have my melt downs so I can understand where your DH's sister-in-law was coming from. The great Aunt sounds like a pain though. I'm sorry it was sh*tty.

Krissie: Yay ovulation! Can't wait until you start testing :p

AFM: I purchased Vitamin C and Black Cohosh today to take along with Dong Quai. Fx'd this brings af.

Urs - I would understand my SIL's meltdown IF she had a logical reason to melt down. Social anxieties, illness, etc. etc. Unfortunately she's something of a drama queen and does this sort of thing for attention from her husband.

As someone who has anxiety issues, I completely understand being overwhelmed by holiday functions and too many people. If that were the case, I would have offered words of support. But this woman doesn't have anxiety issues. We were all already chipping in with putting away leftovers, cleaning up, etc. We broke down the folding tables, put away the chairs, cleared off counters, tidied up her living room, etc. and she pitched a fit because she had to wash dishes. :dohh:

Anyway!

FX'd the new herbal supplements help you!

Eh, no temp rise today. I'm hoping it goes up tomorrow. But I'm certian yesterday was o day based on pain and today my cm turned creamy.

I've decided to wait until 11 dpo to test. Early testing has really got me down the last few cycles.

Hello all! New to the forums!

I am also plus-size and have met with my doctor who has already told me that I would have a better chance at conceiving if I lost 10% of my body weight. I have actually lost 23 pounds already, and am hoping to continue.

Stats:
Height: 5'4"
Starting Weight: 245
Goal Weight: 175
MyFitnessPal Username: Tofurrific

Goals:
Lose 20 lbs by 2/16/17 (my birthday!)
Lose 20 lbs more by 6/5/27 (2nd wedding anniversary!)
Lose 30 lbs more by 12/31/17

My Plan:
Gym at least 3x a week (strength plus cardio)
Healthy eating (smart choices, eating in moderation) with 1 cheat meal

Excited to have a group to talk to for advice, support and ideas. Good luck all!

IRYM: Ah, I understand now. That does sound VERY annoying. By the way, what is your ttc plan for the next few months? You've mentioned seeing the fs, what are you hoping for?

Krissie: Fx'd it goes up and you did ovulate.

Drjo: Eee! Positive opk, AND on cd15! Woot!

MommaMykee: Welcome :) and congrats on your weight loss! I hope losing the 10% works for you and hope you find your goals are easy to achieve :)

AFM: I think dong quai made me ovulate? I've had cramping today though but if my temperature is "higher" tomorrow ff will mark me down as having ovulated on boxing day. I guess we'll find out tomorrow morning...(Actual 100% ovulation would be fantastic!) My cm has drastically changed the past two days as well. There is now none of it so I'm feeling a little hopeful. Fx'd!

I ovulated!?

I guess we'll see what happens in 14ish days, whether I actually get af (or a bfp :) )

DrJo - Woo, +OPK! Are you doing IUI or just good ol' BDing this cycle?

MommaMykee - Welcome! Good to see a new face! :) Congrats on the weight you've lost so far!

Urs - Oo, good to hear that the supplements worked! FX'd for you!

I have a little treatment blurb in my signature, but I'll mention it here too: Medicated IUI with trigger shot. Details below..!

Krissie - Wow, testing on 11DPO is later than you usually test? When have you been testing before this?

AFM--

CD4 today, so day 2 of Femara. I'll finish the Femara on CD7, then CD8 - 13 I'll be taking Estradiol supplements. Then CD13 or 14 I'll go into the clinic for a US and possible trigger shot, followed by IUI, and then progesterone supplements. Lots of meds going on here!

So far no side effects from the Femara, except maybe a spike in libido. I don't know if that's from the meds though. We'll see!

Irym- that sounds like a great course of action. A bit aggressive but hopefully it won't take long to get your bfp.

I usually start testing 7/8 dpo. I use to enjoy early testing but it's been getting to me the last two cycles. So I figure cd 11 (my lp is only 12 days) is good for me. I'm trying hard to keep my mind off of it.

Iread- just BDing. Which my husband is thrilled about since I've had virtually no sex drive since giving birth lol. Usually I don't get any side effects from femara, so hopefully you'll feel fine!

IRYM: I wasn't positive with the signature so I thought I'd ask. I hope things will finally work out for both of us. You've been waiting a long time!

Krissie/Drjo: How is ovulation treating you gals? I'm not used to this at all so I'm not sure what to expect. Is it normal to cramp after ovulation?

Urs- this time I had about 4 hours of pain when I o'd. After that it's been achy in my ovary but nothing significant.

Urs- I had a ton of lower abdominal and lower back pressure and cramping beginning Wednesday evening into early Thursday afternoon. Then just soreness after the egg released. I've only felt ovulation one other time, and that was when I conceived Nora.

Urs - We've been waiting almost three years now! :( Thanks for your well wishes. We're super hopeful (and impatient)!

As for Ovulation pain --- My ovaries hurt every single day, so I can't say much about them. When I was on birth control, they only hurt from O to AF, so I think it's fairly common to feel crampy in the TWW.

Hey there, ladies. Glad to see you all survived the holidays. But man, some of the stories of your relatives... sheesh. More stressful than enjoyable it sounds! We stayed home, just the two of us. It was nice and quiet and pretty lazy. Enjoyed having a few days off.

I'm currently 20+4 along, and at my recent OB visit she recommended that I aim for gaining 10 lbs (no more than 15) in the second half of pregnancy. My weight gain has been at a much faster rate than that so far, so I think it'll be a bit of a challenge. I am really going to try harder to focus on health habits. My current goal is hitting 10k steps each day and keeping track of calories so that I can monitor my input/output (with the goal of hitting maintenance or a touch over or under)... hopefully that'll help slow my gain a bit.

Any current fitness goals from anyone else?

That seems like a good set of goals MissDoc.

I'm working hard to be back on the wagon today. I prepped a bunch of low carb food today so hoping that helps. I need to go to the store and get some more ingredients. With the bitter cold and going back to work Wed I think crockpot soups and stews will really help.

I really didn't gain anything over the holidays, just maintained. So that is something.

MissDoc -- Good to hear from you! :)

DH and I went grocery shopping last night, and I bought enough food to make 11 different slow cooker meals, each of which serves 4 and can be prepared in advance and frozen.

That means, from each recipe DH and I will have 2 nights of dinner, sometimes 3, and THAT means that these 10 recipes will last us all month!

Today I'm going to prep everything and freeze it, including home made waffles to freeze so that DH can pop some into the toaster and eat them before he leaves for work in the mornings.

The entire grocery bill for the slow cooker food was around $80, which was excellent.

So I guess that's to say that my current goal is to eat more home-cooked meals and watch our grocery budget shrink as a result. :haha:

If anyone wants the recipe collection, with printable grocery shopping list, let me know!

Thanks gals for the info!

I made a little testing thread in the pregnancy test section if anyone wants to check it out.

As for healthiness, I just bought a jump rope today! I'm super excited to start into an exercise routine finally.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->