Getting Fit Before Baby

So sorry swimmy. It is honestly one of the worst things about ttc.

Today 10dpo was a bfn also. Definitely feeling out this cycle. I’ll give the progesterone a little bit longer then stop just incase.

Me and my dh had a big talk today about ttc, he wants to go back to the fertility clinic and give this a real go, or at least find out what our options are. I’m glad he’s taking more interest in it, it feels like less of the stress is on my plate.

Swimmy-that is good DH is taking more interest. Do you know what type of timeline that will be?

No clue on the timeline I’m thinking of calling them today and setting up an appointment. Hopefully it won’t be months out.

Fertility appointment made for the end of March, a month out isn’t bad!

No, that will be here before you know it.

DH has decided he is for sure done with babies and I'm inclined to lean that way as well. He is waiting for a call back from his doctor to schedule his vasectomy for this summer. It is so so bittersweet but in my heart I know another one would spread us too thin. I feel like two is a good manageable number for us.

It’s great you guys can agree that 2 is a good number for you. It is hard though making it official.

Today’s 13dpo and bfn I’m gonna stop the progesterone (I didn’t even take it last night before work). I’m also starting to look into financing for ivf. I just want to have everything ready for March. I’m trying to tell myself it’s going to be a long road but I suck at waiting.

Hope you gals are doing alright.

I wanted to pop in and give an update. I received fluids via IV a couple weeks ago then was moved into the psychiatric unit. My psychiatrist works there and wanted to do a bunch of tests to make sure everything was going alright for me. Two ultrasounds showed four gestational sacks (quadruplets). At my last ultrasound in hospital 2 had been absorbed so I had 2 sacks AND babies left (twins) but only one has a heartbeat and the second one showed smaller (first one showed 9w6d at the time we were guessing 9w4d so it was 2d ahead of us. Second one showed 8w5d). We assume second will be absorbed as well and we'll be left with one. Which is ok, easier to manage. :) Heartbeat was 169bpm at 9w6d.

Swimmy: Where are you in your current cycle? Are you planning on going to the clinic for insem or are you going to wait for your appointment at the end of March? Either way, good luck! :)

Krissie: How are your two wonderful babies? How are you? I hope you're sitting at a better spot with your dh deciding he's done. I've told my partner this is the only pregnancy I will be having. I'm open for more children but my body can't do it and he's realizing that.

Hope the rest of you are alright! Looking forward to future updates.

AFM: I've been put on a medication called Zofran. After 5 weeks of not being able to eat and hardly taking in fluid, I am able to eat little bits and drink throughout the day. It doesn't get rid of my nausea feeling but it is preventing me from vomiting. I didn't think my body would react like this. 11 weeks 2 days and we see our obgyn on Wednesday.

Urs- I'm sorry this pregnancy has been so rough. It is so hard trying to function when you feel so terrible!

Afm, DH did get a call back and they had a cancellation so his vasectomy was last Tuesday. I was very anxious leading up to it but now that it is finished I am certian in was the right decision.

My obgyn told me at my pp check another pregnancy would likely be the same or worse. He is particularly concerned as my blood pressure has still not returned to normal. I think for me that was a huge turning point as I struggled to cope the last few months so I think being done is the best decision.

Looking forward now to raising my babies and hopefully working on my own hobbies and health. It's amazing how much ttc really overtook my mind.

Oh.. and the kiddos are doing well. Alice seems to be developing a sleep pattern which is helping. I'm hoping she will continue to sleep well at night as i go back to work.

Christian is still doing well with her and likes to sing to her when she is whiney. It's so precious! He is suppose to get his tonsils out on the 23rd. I'm super nervous about it. His cousin has the same procedure in December and struggled with recovery.

Krissie: That was fast! I'm glad you see the positives with the vasectomy. Love your two munchkins to the max! They sound priceless.

When do you head back to work?

I just had my tonsillectomy at the end of January. Even though my experience was rough, I had other factors your son doesn't have (age, pregnancy, strep throat). I had zero pain until my allergic reaction to the pain medication, then I made the decision of no more pain meds. I'm sure if you keep up on the meds as directed by the doctor, and give him cold (kids-ice cream, cold pudding, fudgsicles?) He'll be great in no time. I'm eager to hear how it goes.

AFM: We have our ob/gyn appointment tomorrow. My partner still hasn't seen baby so I hope tomorrow is his day. Hopefully I'll be able to get a photo to show you gals.

My s/o hates my dog. He has since I moved in last year. I've made the decision to find my baby a new home for both their sakes. Her new family is picking her up tomorrow. Heartbroken.

Omw Urs starting out with quads!! Did they give you a reason or did it just happen by chance? Hope the rest of your pregnancy goes smoothly. Xx hope we get to see a pic!

Enjoy your kiddos krissy :)

Urs- I'm sorry about your dog. I hope she has a good happy home. I hope you got to see baby!

I go back to work Monday for half days that week. Then I have spring break off and then back full time on April 2nd. I have 8 weeks then off for summer break. So just trying to stay positive I can make it that long and hopefully by August we are all in a better routine.

Thanks fern, how are you doing?

Fern: Their only guess for quads was that my body hasn't ovulated in years so it did a large ovulation. I don't know how accurate this thought is though...

Krissie: Thank you. She instantly loved the man. If she has issues with someone they're usually male so that was great to see her connect so quickly. It's all done now, I know I made the right choice.

It's unfortunate you aren't able to take right to August off. I hope things go smoothly for you as you make the transition back.

AFM: Had a poor experience at our ob/gyn yesterday. We saw her resident first who then lied to her about the ultrasound. I felt betrayed and unwelcome. We didn't get a photo because our ob/gyn rushed our appointment. She wanted another couple in the room but we were already in the room. Sigh, whatever. Not every appointment can be good I suppose. I'll be seeing her every 2 weeks until birth because of history and medical issues.

Fern :) how are you doing?

Krissie- I’m sorry you have to go back so soon. Glad you at least can just to 1/2 days for a little bit. Fingers crossed you guys can find a good routine quickly.

Urs- I’m sorry you don’t like your Obgyn any chance you can change drs? What do you mean lied about your ultrasound? They should have pictures of that on file. At least they are monitoring you closer due to your history.

Arm - Sorry I decided to take the month off from ttc and actually went on vacation for 2 weeks with my dd. I didn’t realize how much I needed the ocean and sunshine lol. (Until I got horribly sunburned the first day hahaha). Fertility doc appointment was today. I felt a little disappointed compared to our last time starting with them. We do have a plan though in place. My dh is going for his SA Thursday morning. Have you ever heard of them only wanting guys to wait 1-2 days before testing? If his count is normal clearly it won’t be lol we will do med cycle. If it’s 5-15 mil start on clomid and try an iui in a few months. If it’s below 5 still do the clomid. See how much improvement we get but if not enough then jump right to ivf. I think it’s a reasonable plan just makes me a bit nervous to have it a written out for us again.

Swimmy, I'm sorry the plan is nerve wracking, but so good you guys got in and have a plan now, all laid out. Also sounds like the vacation was just what you needed! I hope along with the nerves you also feel excited about these next steps!

We are starting to try again in June. Aaaaack. I'm so excited and really hope it goes well for us. If I had a magic wand and could choose when we actually conceive, I would hope for it to happen in August/September so we could deliver in May/June and our little one would be past the 2 yr mark before new baby was born. But of course I know it is highly unlikely to work out exactly as I want it to, lol.

Doc - Hahahaha I said if we do IVF I want to do aug/sept for that exact reason lol. A may/June baby would be sooo nice! I would like to avoid being pregnant the summer again. But beggars can’t be choosers right? My day 3 labs all came back normal. Still waiting on his SA results, fingers crossed we can get them Monday.

Swimmy, exactly! My first was a May baby and it was perfect pregnancy wise... but having mat leave in the dog days of summer was brutal, it gets up to around 100 degrees here so taking a newborn out in that wasn't realistic. I guess there are pros and cons to everything. I mostly just want my son to be 2 first! Lol. Two under two just sounds too stressful! (Even though I know there's not anything particularly magical about the age two... but it just feels like it would be better!)

I am anxiously awaiting your husband's SA results! Fingers crossed! (Just realized this is the only place where saying I'm looking forward to someone's semen analysis is totally normal, haha!)

IRYM, how are you doing? We haven't heard from you in a bit?!

Hmm.. I thought I replied awhile back. Must not have pushed send.

Urs- I am glad your dog was able to connect with him, it sounds like a positive transition for her. How are you feeling? Happy 2nd trimestes!! I hope your experiences at your ob improve. :hugs:

Swimmy- I hope you get the SA soon and that it is looking good for ttc. I think when my DH did his he was told to abstain for 3 days, but that was over 5 years ago so it might have been 2-3 days?

I wanted desperately to avoid a Dec/Jan baby but she was still born in January. Granted when she was conceived we weren't exactly trying. I guess it all worked out how it was suppose to anyways.

IRYM- Full term!! I hope everything has been going well and that you have your little girl in your arms soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->