Getting Fit Before Baby

Hey ladies. I haven't stepped on the scale in a while. I'm ashamed to say my health behaviors have been pretty poor. We've been eating out a lot and avoiding exercise (been blaming it on the crappy weather, but really I've just been lazy). I am going to scale back a bit on the weigh ins and just weigh in at the beginning of each month rather than each week. I'll of course hop on the scale in between sometimes, but want to reframe my official weigh ins a bit.

Congrats to you ladies who are kicking butt and losing weight!

Cupcake-- Wow, that is exciting that you'll do some IUI while awaiting IVF. What great motivation. My fingers are tightly crossed that one of those rounds will take and you won't even need to proceed with IVF!

Cupcakestoy - that's great news! July will be here soon! Yay, hope it works and that you don't have to go the IVF route.

Oh well ladies I have also not been living healthy at all. Work is insanely busy; I work until about 11/12 at night and get up at 6 to work again (just for the past 3 weeks, until this coming Friday then things will calm down again). And I'm a bit of an insomniac so I only sleep about 4-5 hours and wake up a lot... so I've been very tired... haven't exercised at all this week and don't have time to prepare healthy meals. I just eat what I can get my hands on and drink coffee to try to stay awake long enough to get through that day's work....

I know it's not ideal. I have 6 quieter weeks ahead of me (as from Saturday) so I want to start trying to lose weight and be healthier again.

Even though everything is crazy I feel very positive about ttc. Probably just the hormones (I always feel better during the days before O) but I will enjoy it while it lasts!

OK so from Monday I'm joining in the weight loss program again! Hugs xx

Hi Ladies :flower:

Not as great this week as last week; I'm down exactly 0,5 kg (i.e, just over 1 pound). Still, I'll take it!

This is going to be a rough month for me; next week I am out of town for a work trip to the U.S., then back in Denmark for a week, and gone another week to the UK for a work trip.

Yikes, I need to borrow some willpower to take with me :-s

Hope you are all doing well; Looking forward to seeing your weigh-ins today!

Happy to report this girl is back on track! Down 3 pounds this week! Ate real food & even made brownies with pumpkin that were a great treat! Looks like March is off to a good start so far! Tigger, a loss is a loss girl! Good job! Be back later to update my ticker

cupcake- glad to see that you're doing iui AND getting even healthier- this sounds like your year! Tigger, good for you too- loss is loss, like cupcake said.

MissDoc and Fern, I have been pretty bad at my health goals too. Don't get discouraged, keep going.

I have been feeling better and better for the most part, as second tri grows near. I got a nasty cold that- thanks to my lowered immune system right now- has been hard to beat. I have been mostly over my MS and fatigue, so my excuses for not being active are getting fewer and fewer, but I do plan to start power walking and doing some prenatal yoga again, then of course come september once baby is here I will get back into weight lifting and sprinting.

Keep it up ladies, thanks for being a support system even though I've had a lazy two months or so.

Well, I'm slowly learning that my entire Luteal Phase is nothing but one, big bloat fest. I don't even know why I bother weighing in during these two weeks!

Today the scale says that I somehow gained 6 pounds this week. Hah! There's no way on earth I gained that much FAT, especially since I was good with my diet and I got more exercise in this week than I normally do. In fact my thighs are still sore from all the stuff I did Friday and Saturday.

So... thanks, AF, for nothing. lol

To those of you that felt like you did poorly this week (or even the past few weeks): try not to let it get you down!

Look at some photos that motivate you. Listen to a peppy song that'll elevate your mood. Is there a killer outfit you'd like to be able to fit into one day in the future? Print a photo of it and stick it somewhere that you'll see it every day! ^^

I need to do that. I look at pics on the computer a lot, but I thought maybe I could put some on my refrigerator, the bathroom mirror, etc.

DH might think I'm nuts, but he won't complain when I'm wearing those awesome clothes! Haha

To those that are doing well this week: Keep it up! Even a small loss is a loss! As long as you keep moving in the right direction, you're golden! :)

Cupcake -- I hope it doesn't come down to IVF for you. I hope IUI works out and you get your BFP!

Onward to March!

Hey ladies! I kinda fell off the band wagon what with all the crap going on from my miscarriage still last month. But back on! Anyone have a fitbit?

Hi ladies

So instead of starting to diet again right away; I made a commitment to fast for religious reasons. So in other words I won't be following a weight loss plan, nor weighing myself, until about mid april.

At that point I will do a starting weigh-in and join you ladies again. Lots of love and hugs!! And I will still read your updates and cheer you on from behind the scenes! Xx

Hey ladies! I kinda fell off the band wagon what with all the crap going on from my miscarriage still last month. But back on! Anyone have a fitbit?

Ajarvis, I don't think I saw that you had a miscarriage. I'm so so sorry to hear that. I hope you're doing alright.

I have a fitbit HR. I got it for my bday last month and love it. That's what I use to measure my calories burned for the day.

As for my general update, today is day 3 back on the bandwagon and doing well. I've limited my calories, had lots of water, and been generally good about health behaviors this week and want to keep it up. I am weight monthly instead of weekly, but I'm confident I'll make good progress in March. :)

Thanks Missdoc. Miscarriage was in Dec. But had retained tissue last month. So it was a long drawn out process. If you want to be friends on fitbit let me know! I just got it Saturday so not many people on it yet!

Hi ladies! I hope everyone is doing well. :) Congrats to those who lost and staying on track!

I forgot to check in on Monday. I was down half a pound, it isn't much but I am happy any week I don't gain.

Have a great weekend!!! :)

ajarvis- I have one but it randomly stopped working. Weird? I loved it though, so helpful!

Ok ladies, for real this could be a struggle. Went for a power walk and now I want to barf. Real cool.

Lost 1 pound this week, evev with my b-day goodies AND AF showing up yesterday! So its been a good week! lol

littlejune- Not cool at all! lol I give you a lot of credit for keeping up the exercise, I know it must be tough. Hang in there!

cupcakestoy- Great job on your loss! Happy belated Birthday! :)

I am down none this week, however no gain so I guess it could be worse. I signed up for the gym so I start this week. I have 2 months to disney and would like to have an excuse to buy new clothes. :)

Hi ladies! Still stalking. 5 more weeks then I will officially join again.

Good job to all the weight loss so far this year and for everyone being an inspiration. Even though I struggled to find time to eat healthy meals and exercise in the beginning of the year, you ladies are really motivational and make me want to get a ticker, drop those pounds, etc!

Hugs!!!

ajarvis-- definitely! If you pm me your fitbit info I'll send you a request!

littlejune that would be annoying! I'm definitely loving it so far!

I just got AF so haven't weighed yet. Kinda dont wanna haha. I've been anywhere from 165-168 this week. Even 168 would be down though. So guess we'll see when I get home...

I had a weekend that was bad in terms of food, but good in terms of exercise. Had family come down for a visit unexpectedly, and since I hadn't planned on feeding 6 people, we ordered vast quantities of fast food to take care of the last minute dinner plans.

On the other hand, we went for walks, played at the park with the kids, and Sunday I painted my downstairs bathroom which involved many squats and step-ups. I also worked out 4 out of 5 weekdays, so that's 6 of 7 days with a good amount of physical activity in.

My legs are a good kind of sore today, but the scale isn't where I'd like it to be. I'm taking a rest day today (chasing a 6- and 3-year-old around all weekend exhausted me! Not to mention the clean-up we had to do after those little whirlwinds went home. Haha) and then tomorrow it's back to the workouts!

Sounds like people are doing pretty well! Keep up the great work, everyone!

Last week was my first week back on track . I started the week at 152.4 (which was up), and ended it at 150.4, so going in the right direction. My hope is to get 1.5 lbs off this week, but we'll see what happens, as I think I'm getting ANOTHER cold. Sheesh.
I've been doing a great job with water, taking vitamins, getting in veggies, and having at least SOME caloric deficit each day. I need to focus on increasing my activity level more purposefully and trying to hit consistently substantial deficits.

Went ahead & weighed in this morning, down a pound! Heading to Florida tonight, so hoping I do well while on vacation!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->