Getting herself to sleep

A

AppleBlossom

Grace is getting better at going to sleep without me now. At night I put the baby monitor on and put her in her crib with her dummy in and put her mobile on and leave her to it. She usually gets a bit annoyed so I go in and give her her dummy back and evetually after 2 or 3 times of going in she'll be asleep. Last night she went to sleep first time. And a few times I have put her down for a nap in the day in her crib with the dummy and mobile she has gone to sleep (I just did this and now she's asleep!) but what I don't uderstand is why she can do this in the day and when she first goes to sleep at night but when she wakes up in the night I HAVE to pick her up in the end because she won't go back to sleep herself. Am I doing something wrong??

Maybe that's just what she used to at night? Or because of the dark she needs that extra comfort? Not sure really just throwing out guesses here. Well done on the daytime! Hopefully you'll get the nights sorted soon :hugs:

That's great she's learning to go to sleep by herself.
It's probably because she wakes up from her sleep still half asleep, not sure of her surroundings etc that she needs comforting. I think most babies are like that, rather than when they go to sleep initially they are awake and aware of what is going on.

It's great that she's falling asleep on her own! :)

Lola goes to sleep pretty easily at bed time but when she wakes up in the middle of the night she won't go back to sleep,I have to take her to bed with me! No idea why also...:shrug:

Seth is the same atm. He falls asleep ok in the evening but if he wakes in the night the only thing I can do is to pick him up because nothing else works. I think my dwnfall is that I let him nap on me through the day but Im not sure...

whatever it is hun, I hope it sorts out soon. Its really frustrating. Im sure you're doing nothing wrong.

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->